If Star Wars had been made today...

I had doubts of Zahn's books but in the end they were actually very good, if the Episodes VII-IX toke elements from it i think that the only big change should be that the time between each story should be in least 1-2 years instead of some days or weeks.

Another idea i had was that if the reboot were to have multiple trilogies then why not make 2 prequel trilogies?

Give more time to develop Anakin and his fall to the dark side.
Episode I could even be about what means to be a Jedi during a time of war and not even using a Sith as villain.

The first trilogy should exploit him becoming a hero, the Clone wars origin should be that the same but instead of using Jango Fett it should be an unnamed great soldier, i like Jango Fett but for a vast universe it looked strange for Boba's father to be the father of the clones.

Sacrilege. What could possibly make you think he's "bitter and jealous"? I mean, I've read batrillions of articles and interviews of Lucas and have never read anything that'd even remotely make me think that. Lucas is an amazing story teller. Prequels and all.
He's a good storyteller but he's not good writing scripts and dialogue.

Sacrilege. What could possibly make you think he's "bitter and jealous"? I mean, I've read batrillions of articles and interviews of Lucas and have never read anything that'd even remotely make me think that. Lucas is an amazing story teller. Prequels and all.
Opinions are just that, opinions. The prequels had a lot of problems and there are no shortage of people who'll give you details of why. Or just read any of the previous Star Wars threads that go over it repeatedly.

Why do I think he's not the great writer people think? Because he's had help on everything except the prequels where it was weakest. There has been so much revisionist history over how much help he had that people will just believe that he did it all on his own.

Additionally Lucas has stated he never read any of the EU material before then turns around and says he doesn't like how the universe went and that he would never go where it went. So which is it, does he read the stories or doesn't he? That's a contradiction. And only reading an outline or just a second hand briefing of what's happened does not count. If someone did that to Star Wars and gave you a outline you wouldn't get it either.

Lucas can't admit that what other writers have done with his work is as good if not better than his own and it shows. If he thought it was good writing instead of just good at making money I'm sure we'd have read something where he said "so and so is really a good writer. I don't agree with where they went with [this character or story] but it was still very good." All we get is bits of how he doesn't agree with what's going on or acknowledge the quality. If he had no problem with that then surely someone has a quote of him praising someone for writing EU stories.

But, he's never read them so he can't say that, can he? Just that he doesn't like where an entire universe of books he's never read went somewhere he does not like. And to top it all off he does not want anyone doing anything with the universe after he's dead. Does that sound overly protective to you or are you going to defend Lucas for being Lucas? He's not wrong to be defensive but it doesn't mean he's not even a bit jealous or bitter that others improved on his work either.

Last edited:
He actually read some things from the expanded universe, he said that had he received the story of Shadows of the Empire in the 80s then he would have made it a film.

I never saw him mention the Thrawn Trilogy but when Dark Empire was being created the original story had somebody wearing Darth Vader's suit or a replica and using that as a way to give more strenght to the empire, however Lucas didn't like that and he later gave the idea or just agreed with the idea of the Emperor being cloned.

In Dark Empire i at first didn't like the idea of the Emperor being cloned but in the end fans shouldn't see him as an Emperor clone as he's actually THe Emperor, with the force he's able to change his spirit to a cloned body, and tht actually makes sence, the guy wanted imortality and while i don't like the idea of a Clone of the Emperor existing i like the idea of his spirit using cloned bodies of himself, why?
Because it's still the emperor, not a duplicate, his mind is the same, the powers are the same, it's the same twisted person and the true emperor

If they wanted to reboot the original i think that the first film would be easy to reboot by just fixing lines, changing concepts and making a different vision of the universe as the pictures i showed before, Return of the Jedi had a lot that could be done better, but Empire Strikes Back would certainly be the most difficult one to remake, the story, pacing and style were just great.

If you guys wanted it to have the original ideas that were going to be used for Episode VII-IX then the Emperor's death would have to be changed since from what i understood Episode VI would probably have ended with Darth Vader dying and only Episode IX would have had the big Emperor reveal.

The only problem i see is that the ending of Darth Vader redeeming himself by killing the emperor was better than just Luke vs Darth Vader, Darth Vader dies, and Luke and Sister vs the Emperor, Emperor dies.

I would also like to ask, would anybody make Splinter of the Minds Eye before making The Empire Strikes Back?
It was originally supposed to be shot as a low budget sequel to A new hope if the later wasn't succesful

Opinions are just that, opinions. The prequels had a lot of problems and there are no shortage of people who'll give you details of why. Or just read any of the previous Star Wars threads that go over it repeatedly.

Why do I think he's not the great writer people think? Because he's had help on everything except the prequels where it was weakest. There has been so much revisionist history over how much help he had that people will just believe that he did it all on his own.

Additionally Lucas has stated he never read any of the EU material before then turns around and says he doesn't like how the universe went and that he would never go where it went. So which is it, does he read the stories or doesn't he? That's a contradiction. And only reading an outline or just a second hand briefing of what's happened does not count. If someone did that to Star Wars and gave you a outline you wouldn't get it either.

Lucas can't admit that what other writers have done with his work is as good if not better than his own and it shows. If he thought it was good writing instead of just good at making money I'm sure we'd have read something where he said "so and so is really a good writer. I don't agree with where they went with [this character or story] but it was still very good." All we get is bits of how he doesn't agree with what's going on or acknowledge the quality. If he had no problem with that then surely someone has a quote of him praising someone for writing EU stories.

But, he's never read them so he can't say that, can he? Just that he doesn't like where an entire universe of books he's never read went somewhere he does not like. And to top it all off he does not want anyone doing anything with the universe after he's dead. Does that sound overly protective to you or are you going to defend Lucas for being Lucas? He's not wrong to be defensive but it doesn't mean he's not even a bit jealous or bitter that others improved on his work either.

I think it has been established a long time ago that Lucas is a pathological liar, but what can you do?

As for the EU, I agree with him. Most of it sucks. It is as uninspired as fan fiction. Every story is, "The Empire is defeated....but wait....there is one more general/admiral/secret dark apprentice," etc. It is like the Saw movies. :funny:

If I were to write it there would be no such thing as the Sith and anyone with a clear mind could learn to use the Force like it was originally intended to be. Mind powers were not a genetic gift but a folky power you had to have for in to use. Dark Jedi are what you would also call the users of the Dark Side, there would be no doppleganger to fight for millenia, that way the struggle stays much more grey.

After these news i think this thread should be around :oldrazz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"