If Star Wars had been made today...

I would have simply too eliminated the reveal of Vader being Luke's father until Return of the Jedi when how he became the cyborg is revealed. During the confrontation at Cloud City the line would be instead "Obi-Wan killed your father." To what promptly make Luke think his mentor had been lying about this instead. The conversations with Ben in Jedi reveals that this is too half true and that Ben and Anakin fought in a duel and Anakin fell into a molten pit to become Darth Vader. When Vader kills the Emperor does Vader then acknowledge that he is Luke's father. Vader would also vanish like Ben did in the suit before the mask could be removed.
Would you change the way Palpatine dies? I think he shouldn't be simply thrown out of his ship, i think that he should have had a better death but i sincerelly don't know what it should have been

Hey, i'm waiting for my answer

If a reboot was made i think that Darth Vader's helmet should be redesign to distance more from the originals, what do you guys thing of these concepts?
darth-vader-concept-helmet.jpg

sdcc-mcquarrie-darth-vader-.jpg

Darth-Vader-Concept-Helmet_.jpg

If a reboot was made i think that Darth Vader's helmet should be redesign to distance more from the originals, what do you guys thing of these concepts?
darth-vader-concept-helmet.jpg

sdcc-mcquarrie-darth-vader-.jpg

Darth-Vader-Concept-Helmet_.jpg
I like these alot. Not a complete (and unnecessary) overhaul, but just different enough to stand on its own. I particularly like the face mask of the second one, as it bears a resemblance to gas masks from WW2 - which is cool as hell.

I'd also be sure to make the suit look more mechanical/metallic, as opposed to looking so... plasticy.

Last edited:
I think that a remake of Star Wars could look more like this:
306px-AotS-TSW.jpg

812px-MCQ-deakvader.jpg

518px-MCQ-counterparts.jpg

518px-MCQ-cantina.jpg

517px-ST_Lightsaber.jpg

518px-MCQ-ywing.jpg
That stuff is so ****ing cool :up:.

More Darth Vader goodness:

mcquarrie_vader_djcox_174.jpg

4149212172_8947b6bd8d_b.jpg

Last edited:
why does'nt anyone make a new star wars movie with different characters but in same universe like the video games

Lucas has a stronghold on the property. It may be morbid, but I think we'll have to wait until he dies before we get any chance of the film franchise to redeem itself. Star Wars has such an expanding and cosmic scope there are infinite possibilities for tomorrow's bright cinematic filmmakers to play with. It's only a matter of whether old George is willing to let go of his baby. Even after death.

Would you change the way Palpatine dies? I think he shouldn't be simply thrown out of his ship, i think that he should have had a better death but i sincerelly don't know what it should have been

I would go with Vader tossing the Emperor into a molten pit like he was supposed to in the original version of ROTJ where the meeting is in the core of the Imperial capital planet and not the Death Star. Vader and Palpatine wrestle before being consumed in the fire.

why doesn't anyone make a new star wars movie with different characters but in same universe like the video games

That would make too much sense. You would have to bring in some of the characters though .

Lucas has a stronghold on the property. It may be morbid, but I think we'll have to wait until he dies before we get any chance of the film franchise to redeem itself. Star Wars has such an expanding and cosmic scope there are infinite possibilities for tomorrow's bright cinematic filmmakers to play with. It's only a matter of whether old George is willing to let go of his baby. Even after death.
Nope, not even then. Our children (well anyone in their 30-40's children) will be dead before copyright law on Star Wars expires so it will be a long, long wait before anyone outside Lucasfilms can make a new movie. Unless of course copyright is given yet another extension to three times the length of the author's death then our grandchildren will have to wait.

I'm still waiting for something in film to show the mentoring relationship between Anakin and Obi-Wan when they were still master and apprentice between Episodes I and II.

I think Terrence Howard would be the top pic for Lando. Just check out Hustle and Flow to see him with the closest thing you get these days to the awesome ridiculousness of Billy Dee's hair.

Lucas said that he left specific instructions for nobody to ever make another star wars movie so i think it will end up like the Middle-Earth books rights with the family not giving them away easily.
But if there would be a reboot should they only make a trilogy, or 3 trilogies as was originally rumored, or would anybody even decide to make it a 12 movies cycle like the original serials

I'm still waiting for something in film to show the mentoring relationship between Anakin and Obi-Wan when they were still master and apprentice between Episodes I and II.

I agree. It's an important part of Anakin's development and thus the entire saga. The change in Anakin from TPM to AOTC is massive. I think a little light shone on why and how Anakin changed over those ten years would allow the audience to understand him better.

I don't want a reboot if I'm honest. If anyone gets the rights (which is as likely as me winning the lottery tomorrow... having not even bought a ticket) original movies set in the star wars universe should be made. The whole notion of the force, the Jedi and the sith has massive potential beyond what Lucas has shown on screen. That's not a slight on Lucas but a commendation of how brilliant the universe he has created is. The possibilities are endless. I hope that Lucas realizes this soon and allows other directors to create their vision within his universe. The results could be spectacular.

That's why one of his friends gave him the pitch for a Boba Fett movie

Lucas said that he left specific instructions for nobody to ever make another star wars movie so i think it will end up like the Middle-Earth books rights with the family not giving them away easily.
But if there would be a reboot should they only make a trilogy, or 3 trilogies as was originally rumored, or would anybody even decide to make it a 12 movies cycle like the original serials
Where did he say that? I've seen interviews that when asked about making more he said HE didn't want to do anymore but perhaps his daughter might.

I agree. It's an important part of Anakin's development and thus the entire saga. The change in Anakin from TPM to AOTC is massive. I think a little light shone on why and how Anakin changed over those ten years would allow the audience to understand him better.

I don't want a reboot if I'm honest. If anyone gets the rights (which is as likely as me winning the lottery tomorrow... having not even bought a ticket) original movies set in the star wars universe should be made. The whole notion of the force, the Jedi and the sith has massive potential beyond what Lucas has shown on screen. That's not a slight on Lucas but a commendation of how brilliant the universe he has created is. The possibilities are endless. I hope that Lucas realizes this soon and allows other directors to create their vision within his universe. The results could be spectacular.
I'd rather see a Star Wars saga remade starting with the prequels but using the outlines left behind in the original films:
Owen actual KNEW Obi-Wan and Anakin (most thought that Obi-Wan would recruit Anakin to the Jedi Order) - "Clone Wars" the way everyone imagined them (clones of the Jedi - imagine an ARMY of Dark Jedi fighting Jedi), Anakin's fall to the Dark Side being a surprise that no one wants to accept nor speak of, Leia being left with Padme, Luke being on Degobah at some point, Anakin being a freaking amazing pilot ("he was THE BEST starpilot in the Galaxy"), Obi-Wan was trained by YODA and was initially too old (Obi-Wan was too old, not Anakin), the Force being freaking EPIC (if Yoda could lift a ship with ease, imagine what other Jedi could have done), and then also shoot IV with proper pacing in mind, cut the cheesy dialogue, better cinematography in ROTJ, Han dying in ROTJ and the battle taking place by Coruscant (duel in the core of the planet, battle on the surface, Death Star attack in the air). Also not make Boba Fett a *****.

And then 7-9 like originally planned.

Once you establish a good CORE saga, you can build on it with films about the Old Republic and the Mandalorian wars.

Here:
TOTAL FILM: "Are you happy for new Star Wars tales to be told after you're gone?" LUCAS: "I've left pretty explicit instructions for there not to be any more features. There will definitely be no Episodes VII-IX. That's because there isn't any story. I mean, I never thought of anything. And now there have been novels about the events after Episode VI, which isn't at all what I would have done with it. The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story. Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned and Luke doesn't get married..."
And i find it funny how so many fans state that the clone wars should have been what everybody tought it would be but then they give a different version than other fans, some think it should have been an evil clone army, others an evil Jedi clone army, but in the end all those seem like fan fiction compared to the actual reason Lucas gave. His idea of how the clone wars begun was much more interesting and inventive, the problem was that the film wasn't as good.

If they ever rebooted the Prequels i think that Palpatine could appear in a similar way to Rasputin, out of nowhere with the ability to cure Padme and then slowly rise to power.

These type of images should be used
mcquarrie_vader_djcox_174.jpg

The troopers wouldn't be Force sencitive and there shouldn't be too many Lightsaber battles as less is more, but some would carry one as tools for justice (the Empire's justice in least), the originals should actually show why the Empire is evil, in the star wars wikia it says that the non human aliens weren't treated as well as humans but in the movies i never saw that.
The originals reboot athmosphere should feel like a future if the nazis had won the war, The Empire are the nazis and The Emperor shouldn't show much of his face, his face should only bee seen sometimes when the lightsabers and lightning come close to his face

I wouldn't have Death Star in RotJ as that's rehashing the idea, it should be the original idea of the main Imperial fleet, i sincerelly don't know if the Emperor should only die in Episode IX as it was originally planed or in RotJ.

But an Empire doesn't disappear like that with the death of it's dictator, even if some fans may think that, Darth Vader shouldn't be 80 % of the power Anakin had, he should be stronger than before, as the Emperor once said his power should grow stronger with time.

Boba Fett should have an even bigger role in Empire Strikes Back and prove himself able to catch Jedies

Last edited:
Here:
TOTAL FILM: "Are you happy for new Star Wars tales to be told after you're gone?" LUCAS: "I've left pretty explicit instructions for there not to be any more features. There will definitely be no Episodes VII-IX. That's because there isn't any story. I mean, I never thought of anything. And now there have been novels about the events after Episode VI, which isn't at all what I would have done with it. The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story. Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned and Luke doesn't get married..."
Well there goes any shot at this franchise redeeming itself. I guess I can't be too resentful as it is his baby and it's his right to keep the cinematic rights to himself only. But conversely it's been proven multiple times that in good hands, the creator can be surpassed. Imagine what today's best sci-fi directors can do with the material. Better off leaving it on a "high note", eh George? :doh:

Looks like I'll have to look at something like Mass Effect to be our next big cosmic franchise.

Well, i think it was Joe Johnson that wanted to make a Boba Fett spin-off so it's possible that if George Lucas agrees more films could be made, but as spin-off instead of Episode VII, VIII, IX and etc.

I think Lucas' problem is he's great at concept and ideas but the story itself is something he can't grasp and the EU has done some very good stories that he'd never think of so it's made him a little bitter and jealous. Zahn's Thrawn Trilogy alone is better than the prequels IMO. That's stuff Lucas would never have concieved.

I think Lucas' problem is he's great at concept and ideas but the story itself is something he can't grasp and the EU has done some very good stories that he'd never think of so it's made him a little bitter and jealous. Zahn's Thrawn Trilogy alone is better than the prequels IMO. That's stuff Lucas would never have concieved.

Sacrilege. What could possibly make you think he's "bitter and jealous"? I mean, I've read batrillions of articles and interviews of Lucas and have never read anything that'd even remotely make me think that. Lucas is an amazing story teller. Prequels and all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"