If Superheros Really Existed, Wouldn't The Government Go After Them

I think the US government would do something similar to what was done in Marvel's Ultimate universe. If my info is out of date, I'd like to say I haven't read an Ultimate book in a while.

Anyone who experimented on themselves, or gained powers by result of a lab accident, was forced to work for the government. Or thrown in prison. Fantastic 4 were a government-run operation. Hobgoblin was taken into custody before he actually did anything. Nick Fury said that as soon as Spider-Man turned 18, he'd be forced to work for the government. When Dr. Lawson (Mahr Vehl) revealed himself to be an alien, he ended up following government orders. The choice was either control or imprisonment.

Except for mutants. They were allowed to walk around freely.

Because the mutants don't have a choice but be superpowered.

Well, yeah. You can't enslave and imprison private citizens for being born differently.

Of course they would. And believe it or not, the people would completely support it. People fear what they don't know. If you think people would actually be happy about a guy in tights who can lift airplanes with one hand, flying around, always watching over us...you have another thing coming.

yes, I think the government would try to control the superheroes like in the Civil War storyline. But I am POSITIVE that if superheroes exist with super abilities, there will be a bunch of idiotic humans who will try to copy cat the heroes and they'll think they are invincible as well. They will probably try to stop a mugging and get killed in the process, which could spark a debate on national levels about whether super-heroes are corrupting regular citizens. (Much like how people say video games lead to violence)

For a children's cartoon, The Incredibles, is probably a very close depiction of how citizens would react to super heroes.

For a children's cartoon, The Incredibles, is probably a very close depiction of how citizens would react to super heroes.

Wouldn't say it's primarily a children's cartoon, imo...
But yeah, people would go crazy. I could imagine myself not fearing anything with superpowers and a pretty costume, though.

Of Course people would be afraid . People would be pondering where the powers were coming from , if it was the work of the devil , etc.
Also most men would become jealous of the power. It would be negative to have superpowers in this society. There would also be a superhero registration act in place. We would have to hire superheroes to take other ones out if they didn't register .

Just supposing some superhero like Spiderman or Superman or Hulk (with Hulk attempting to be a good guy with no Hulk smash everything) existed, do you think they could be immune to government attack/control like usually portrayed in the comics/movies?

My thinking is that the government would want to study these heros to understand their powers (plus, for vigilante reasons they's want them stopped) and especially in the case of Superman or Hulk, take them out because of a possible threat to mankind supposing they decided to turn bad (or perhaps were already bad but hiding it by doing good things). Because I just don't think they would be able to go about their ways without the government/military trying to get them and even destroy them.

Now, I don't think our current weapon systems could stop Supes or Hulk but if you think the government would go after Supes and Hulk, even with all their great power, do you think science would eventually find a way to defeat Supes or Hulk?

Eventually science would find their weaknesses.

I'm sure Pat Robertson would condemn all super-humans and any disaster that occurs would be their fault.

Of course they would. People freak out very easily. And while he or she may be doing good, you'll start to wonder if it will be a slippery slope and they'll start beating up people for jaywalking and ****.

Well, maybe they'll wait for the "WALK" light to flash when there is a cloud of ***kicking is hanging over their head.

But I tell you what, if they discovered a way to give humans superpowers, I am SO first in line for that. Even if it turned me green or made me grow wings

I would fight over it. That would be a great Pay Per View Event..Free For All to be the first super powered human.

But I tell you what, if they discovered a way to give humans superpowers, I am SO first in line for that. Even if it turned me green or made me grow wings

i wouldn't mind getting super powers either

I would fight over it. That would be a great Pay Per View Event..Free For All to be the first super powered human.

While you two are fighting, I'm gonna be busy getting superpowers :o

I already HAVE superpowers, so all you guys are screwed.:o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"