BvS If the Rock were cast as Captain Marvel, who would you cast as young Billy Batson?

I see Johnson as Adam much more than Captain Marvel/SHAZAM. That's me. Could he play the hero part? Sure. Beyond just the wonder and naivete of Cap when it's Billy's personality at the helm the character also lends itself to humor which Johnson has the chops for. If they go with the whole Cap is a separate entity take I could see Rock playing up the whole Dudley Do Right aspect as well. Granted I've never understood that version of the character. Billy transformed makes a certain amount of sense. There's too many unanswered questions in the other take. What happens to Billy, exactly? This separate person that is Captain Marvel, does he have a history, or does he just come into being when the lightning comes down? Does he go somewhere else when Billy comes back? If so, where? There's a strangeness to that take I don't think even young kids today wouldn't find odd. Billy in control of Marvel's body is the way to go.

As for casting Billy, I'm not sure as to whom could do it off the top of my head. I think it should be an honest to Zod kid. Under 14 but older than 9. And they have to handle their lines well, so perhaps a child actor with some film or TV credits to their name. Complexion or race aren't a biggie for me, but maybe a kid that has physical features similar to the Rock if he is SHAZAM wouldn't hurt.

I still think the best damn version of Marvel/Shazam was that Superman team up short. They even had a respectable Tawney in that. The vibe of that short is overall a good template.
From what I've seen of Captain Marvel (Shazam) is that Billy transforms into an adult of himself because the personality of him is there...

Yeah, that's usually how it goes. Although in some versions (and I think in his original incarnation) Captain Marvel was actually a different person and him and Billy switched places.

But if you look at Kingdom Come, in which Billy is an adult, he looks exactly like Captain Marvel.

Yeah, that's usually how it goes. Although in some versions (and I think in his original incarnation) Captain Marvel was actually a different person and him and Billy switched places.

But if you look at Kingdom Come, in which Billy is an adult, he looks exactly like Captain Marvel.

Love your new Avatar!:funny:

LOL thanks. Fallon pulled out this photo when he was interviewing the Rock (and even made an action figure of it), so I figured it was time for an epic avatar change.

I told a friend of mine today that the Rock might be playing Shazam and she thought it was a remake of the Shaq movie KAZAAM. Why won't people just forget about that turd of a movie?

My brother thought the same thing. :lmao:

kingdom come style let the rock play a grown up billy, we are gonna have an older batman is this universe why not have an older billy, and he could play either he is likable when needs to be and can be villainous when needed (faster), he has some acting chops to (southland tales)

kingdom come style let the rock play a grown up billy, we are gonna have an older batman is this universe why not have an older billy, and he could play either he is likable when needs to be and can be villainous when needed (faster), he has some acting chops too (southland tales)

Considering DJ is an ex wrestler and not a 'trained' actor as such and is from a sports background, he's a very accomplished actor.

Mhhm and taking one of the interesting traits of the character?
No thanks! ;)

Also some just think they are gonna see an old batman which is not right. We are gonna see 3-5 years older than Superman.

kingdom come style let the rock play a grown up billy, we are gonna have an older batman is this universe why not have an older billy, and he could play either he is likable when needs to be and can be villainous when needed (faster), he has some acting chops to (southland tales)
helll noo that takes away all the appeal of the character. You have to build up to those Kingdom Come interpretations, if the characters start off as their Kingdom Come counterparts, that's not nearly as rewarding as seeing their journey, seeing them become more like those KC characters

What's this have to do with Batman vs Superman?

What's this have to do with Batman vs Superman?
i was thinking the same thing.. why did the mods move the Rock thread if this gets to stay? If anything, the topic of this thread relates a lot less to this movie than the other thread did.

this should be in the dc movies section

I hope they cast a kid that has an ethnic look to him. I don't care if the kid is black, asian, latino or middle eastern just as long as the kid doesn't look 100% caucasian. I'm tired of hollywood whitewashing films or pairing the Rock with obviously caucasian kids, girlfriends or wives. Yeah I get the whole business of it, but it would be nice to see a kid that resembles the Rock as Billy, and just doesn't turn into a 40ish black guy lol....now explain that.

p.s. yes I know the Rock is black and samoan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"