If the Transformers is a huge sucess...

Isildur´s Heir

Avenger
Reaction score
Which will that mean to movies?
Will a new trend start, with movie based on toys?
And, if so, wich toy line should be turned into a movie?
Zoids? Action Man? Masters of the Universe? GI Joe? DragonFlyz? Battle Beasts? Max Steel?
And what next? Cartoon based movies?

GI Joe would be interesting.

On the other hand, what if it's a complete piece of crap like I really think it will be? I think it will show that unless you're faithful to the source and actually care about making something other than a mindless generic action movie, you will fail.

I hope and pray we are all happy with Transformers .... its a great story and SHOULD be hard to mess up ....

I would love a GI JOE movie with a reduced line-up of about 10 Joes against Cobra.

I highly doubt TF will make more than it's budget.

Isildur´s Heir said:
Which will that mean to movies?
It will mean another franchise, and movie studios will look to similar properties to capitalize off of.

Will a new trend start, with movie based on toys?
I wouldn't say that it's a new trend to copy ideas or things. LoTR and Harry Potter's success are the reason why films like Eragon, Chronicles of Narnia, and a few others are getting the greenlight.

And, if so, wich toy line should be turned into a movie?
I'm not sure that it's such a good idea. Which came first? The Transformers cartoon or the toys. I always thought that it was the cartoon.

Zoids? Action Man? Masters of the Universe? GI Joe? DragonFlyz? Battle Beasts? Max Steel?
And what next? Cartoon based movies?

I could see a GI Joe movie, but I don't think that it will happen. From those choices, I see nothing more than a - at best - 2 star way to enjoy 2hrs of free air conditioning. I can already do that without wasting a matinee price on any of these.

G.I. Joe is already in the works, as Lorenzo(producer on TF) already has the rights to it. It can be done if they do it in a non campy fashion. Probably like Singer's X-Men, only a tad more realistic.

There already is a Masters Of The Universe movie. But that was in the 80s & the last I heard is John Woo wants to do a new movie of that

terry78 said:
G.I. Joe is already in the works, as Lorenzo(producer on TF) already has the rights to it. It can be done if they do it in a non campy fashion. Probably like Singer's X-Men, only a tad more realistic.

I'd like to see a G.I. Joe film done visually like X-Men or maybe something in the vein of First Blood or Platoon.

I'd like to see a GI Joe movie, but first thing's first - let's see how this Transformer movie goes.

Dr. Fate said:
I'd like to see a GI Joe movie, but first thing's first - let's see how this Transformer movie goes.

:up:

After seeing some pictures and the synopsis of the Transformers, I'm not exactly sure if its worth seeing now. :csad:

How about a Thundercats movie? That could be pretty cool.

TrailerCues said:
There already is a Masters Of The Universe movie. But that was in the 80s & the last I heard is John Woo wants to do a new movie of that

There was a rumor going around for a while of a new one geared for 2006 that John Woo was allegedly supposed to direct, with John Glover rumored to be a candidate for Skeletor and Jason Lewis at one point listed as He-Man, but I think we can kiss that one goodbye because 2006 is almost over nothing ever happened.

A Thundercats movie would also be pretty cool, IF done properly, but I'm not sure I have enough faith in Hollywood to get the job done right.

What's going to keep Transformers from making enough money is
1. Its based on children's action figures
2. "A Michael Bay Film"
3. It doesn't have a big enough fan base
4. Teenagers might be embarrassed to go see it because its based on toys for kids and the PG-13 would keep the smaller kids away

Thundercats :up:

Hugo Weaving or Willem Defoe for Mumm-Ra with Guillermo Del Toro directing..

Hopefully it will lead to a Beast Wars sequel. Hell with everything else. I just want me some Beast Wars.

G.I.Joe, Masters of the Universe and Voltron have all been slated for live action treatment.

Matt said:
Hopefully it will lead to a Beast Wars sequel. Hell with everything else. I just want me some Beast Wars.

Arguably, it's the best incarnation of the series.

transformers will make money there no doubt about that

personally i believe that masters of the universe could actully be an excellent film if treated right, yes of course aspects of it will have to be geared towards children( though that is debateable due to the new toy line and toon attracting a much older audiance than kids)

but if the story is treated right there is a good deatil of interesting ways this film could take, and i dont think anyone would disagree that the visuals and character designs would be stunning if in the right hands

I would assume that G.I. Joe and He-Man would probaly both get the greenlight.

If Transformers is successful, well.... why not take a shot at the superior Beast Wars?

I think we all can agree that we'd like a theatrical Beast Wars film.

MulligaN Stew said:
I'm not sure that it's such a good idea. Which came first? The Transformers cartoon or the toys. I always thought that it was the cartoon.

The toyline came first. It was originally two seperate Toylines in Japan that were exported to America. the Cartoon was created as a way to advertise the toys.

He-Man and GI-Joe has a pretty desent fan base and would be the most likely to be done after and if Transformers is a success. I think Inuyasha and Full Metal Alchemist would be alot easier and more believible to make then Dragonball Z. Although Z had a pretty big kid fan base.

I liked Masters Of The Universe but 'd much rather they do the fantasy Eternia driven story with great effects and Greyskull and Snake Mountain.

You guys are taking this transformers movie way to freakin seriously. It's a story about cars that turn into robots and fight each other. What do you expect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"