The Wolverine If The wolverine is a huge success...should we get a new trilogy?

bhayes

Civilian
Reaction score
I mean if this film is the film they make it out to be.

i think that the whole issue of immortality and isolation and all that erases the whole orgins movie. and gives things a fresh start.

so now -- where could wolverine go next? could they create an original story with him in japan? a japan trilogy?

If it is a success, we will get a new trilogy.

FOX sees the Wolverine as one of its many Marvel franchises:

-Singer's X-Men
-Vaughn's X-Men
-Wolverine
-Fantastic Four

My belief Is after The Wolverine Wolverine might only be In Days of future Past Inless they do something else with Original Trilogy actors.After you have done The japanese
saga you have done the best of Wolverine Solo stories.

My hope after Days of future Past to see more X-men films In the 1970's and 1980's.You could do third film In 1970's and then naother trilogy set In 1980's.I wouldn't mind seeing wolverine In major role In Age of Apocalpse film.

Might be kind of interesting, after DOFP, to do a third film based around the Old Man Logan book. For a franchise that's so pre-occupied with the past, it might be nice to look at this universe's future and see how everything ended up.

I would love another Wolverine movie, but I wouldn't go banking on an immediate or mandatory sequel.

i say they try to clean up the continuity mess made by orgins and they try do another weapon x movie and have it visually sync with the x1-x2 flashback footage.

the film could be called weapon x.

they should envite back tyler mane and have them fight omega red maybe?

and as for days of future past

My idea was this in DOFP have wolverine die in the future like in the comic.

have ellen page (shadow cat) be the time traveler. in the future show all the surviving x men 2 & 3 cast in the sentinel future as freedom fighters.

allan cumming as night crawler, kelsey grammer version of beast, storm, colossus, ice-man, magneto, rogue, morlocks, juggernaut all fighting against sentiels.

reveal that the cure introduced in x3 didn't have lasting affects.

when shadow cat goes back she meet the first class crew and once they realize that wolverine exists in the past -- they enlist him for help. this would be the "go f***k yourself" cameo wolverine we say in first class film

she convinces young xavier that they need wolverine to help them out.

this of course is the same bone claws wolverine from the WWII cameo in the solo film. this would be a good way to connect that film to DOFP.

in the past scenes we can be introduced to wiliiam and jason stryker too being brought to the school.

during the final battle wolverine gets his bone claws damaged, crushed or ripped out. and he comes into contact with stryker and decides to join his black ops team.

maybe on this team we can be reintroduced to tyler mane version of sabertooth and an actual native american playing silver fox.

and the film ends with everyone going their separate ways - ellen page returns to the future - wolverine goes along with strykers black ops team.

and xavier continues running his school.

I would love another Wolverine movie, but I wouldn't go banking on an immediate or mandatory sequel.

A poorly received movie that made $85 million Domestic in its opening weekend & $180 million total got a sequel.

All this film has to do is match the above numbers and we'll get another film.

I don't want to sequel to this, if it ends up being as great as Mangold and Jackman claim it to be.... The film is said to be more like a Japanese Noir film, and I love that! But lightning doesn't strike twice. This film will be very different to all other X-Men films and even other comic book films, with its style, its story and probably visually.

I hope this film is a true classic and if so leave it be.... Wolverine can always appear in other x-Men films, or in a few more years they could do Old Man Logan. But to do a sequel to this film might not turn out as great, and for that I hope this story ends here.

Unless Daken is introduced...

I don't want to sequel to this, if it ends up being as great as Mangold and Jackman claim it to be.... The film is said to be more like a Japanese Noir film, and I love that! But lightning doesn't strike twice. This film will be very different to all other X-Men films and even other comic book films, with its style, its story and probably visually.

I hope this film is a true classic and if so leave it be.... Wolverine can always appear in other x-Men films, or in a few more years they could do Old Man Logan. But to do a sequel to this film might not turn out as great, and for that I hope this story ends here.

Unless Daken is introduced...

There are over 300 issues of Wolverine. There are at least a dozen great stories they could adapt.

The natural next step would be Madripoor & The Patch era.

There are over 300 issues of Wolverine. There are at least a dozen great stories they could adapt.

The natural next step would be Madripoor & The Patch era.

Yep, but some people were suggesting a sequel to this Wolverine film set in Japan...

If they do another film, they should take it in a different direction. Leave this film as is and not expand on this in the sequel.

Looking at the X-Men series so far, the original trilogy, First Class, Origins, all have their own themes and feel seperate to one another even though they have a small thread that links the series together.

This Wolverine film, feels like its a standalone even though its not... So moving forward instead of making another Set in Japan film, why not go with Madripoor like you suggested or whatever else.

Obviously I want more Wolverine films, but it should be different from the last, and not more of the same.

Yep, but some people were suggesting a sequel to this Wolverine film set in Japan...

If they do another film, they should take it in a different direction. Leave this film as is and not expand on this in the sequel.

Looking at the X-Men series so far, the original trilogy, First Class, Origins, all have their own themes and feel seperate to one another even though they have a small thread that links the series together.

This Wolverine film, feels like its a standalone even though its not... So moving forward instead of making another Set in Japan film, why not go with Madripoor like you suggested or whatever else.

Obviously I want more Wolverine films, but it should be different from the last, and not more of the same.

Agreed.

The next film should take him somewhere else.

A poorly received movie that made $85 million Domestic in its opening weekend & $180 million total got a sequel.

Mediocrity, the trilogy.

Well, that's not fair. This movie may not be awful.

That's what you assume. X-men was still a bankable franchise after Last Stand, but they weren't interested in making a direct sequel and instead chose to pursue spin offs. We don't know if they intend to follow up The Wolverine or what other X-films they might want to concentrate on. It's never set in stone.

God! I hate the idea of the spin-off X-Men movies getting the trilogy treatment! What they should be doing after The Wolverine and Days of Future Past are X-Men 4, 5 and 6!

i would to see the return of the tyler mane version of sabertooh and have them go against omega red.

but we will see. i agree each film needs a driving theme.

I'm sceptical as to whether we will ever see a proper X4 or any sequel to the main trilogy. I think DoFP if it does involve Stewart, Jackman and co. is probably the best case scenario. Plus I think many people and probably Fox themselves now consider the First Class movies as the new main franchise.

i would to see the return of the tyler mane version of sabertooh and have them go against omega red.

but we will see. i agree each film needs a driving theme.

Really? His Sabretooth was a near mute idiot. I'd rather see Schriber return and they largely ignore Tyler's version.

I'm sceptical as to whether we will ever see a proper X4 or any sequel to the main trilogy. I think DoFP if it does involve Stewart, Jackman and co. is probably the best case scenario. Plus I think many people and probably Fox themselves now consider the First Class movies as the new main franchise.

I feel like DOFP is a cross-over movie between the cast of the original trilogy and the cast of First Class. Its like The Avengers of the X-Men movie franchise. So right now, I don't consider it yet as a direct sequel to X-Men: First Class.

God! I hate the idea of the spin-off X-Men movies getting the trilogy treatment! What they should be doing after The Wolverine and Days of Future Past are X-Men 4, 5 and 6!

I'd love to see this as well, Just have doubts it would happen :csad:

I feel like DOFP is a cross-over movie between the cast of the original trilogy and the cast of First Class. Its like The Avengers of the X-Men movie franchise. So right now, I don't consider it yet as a direct sequel to X-Men: First Class.

This.

Let's be honest here no matter how much we love first Class Fox Is giving them a 175 Million budget(at last report.COuld go higher) and doing this ambitas story to both serve as X4 and be their answer to the Avengers.That doesn't mean there won't be plenty of first Class actors In It.

Getting Hugh Jackman as Wolverine as time traveler allows you to have him share screen with James Mcavoy,Michael Fasbender,and Jennifer Lawrence.Yes techincally he was on screen with James and Michael during his first Cameo but still.And you have chance to have fassbender as Magneto rip out the metal from Hugh as Wolverine.That would be a total shocking moment for the general audence.

ehh, I'd rather see McKellan rip out Logan's metal

But I would like to see the young and old xaviers and magnetos interacting.
Jennifer Lawrence and the rest of first class can stay in that movie, never to be seen again, for all I care

Jennifer Lawrence and the rest of first class can stay in that movie, never to be seen again, for all I care

I'd like to see Jennifer come back as Mystique and maybe Nick as young beast but pretty much everyone else (save for fassbender and mcavoy) could disappear for all I care. The character arcs were complete bores and their powers were either boring (angel salvadore, banshee) or we'd seen them before (Havok, Riptide, Azazel) Having said that though I'd love to see jason flemyng back as Azazel he was awesome.

Well I wouldn't mind seeing Mckellan rip out Logan's metal eather.

Magneto is elderly and in a wheelchair in the future faction of DOFP. He ain't rippin' out anything from anyone.

Fassbender is the way to go if they're gonna do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"