The Wolverine Should this be the end for Hugh? reboot finally?

The empty body subplot covers Professor X's return. As for Phoenix, it should not be too difficult an exercise in screenwriting to cover, considering how multi-faceted the Phoenix force is in the comics.
There is no Phoenix Force in these films and at this point, with Shaw dead,the Hellfire club probably never coming back and doubting very much the Shiar are ever introduced, there is no reason to bring the phoenix force into the films. While I don't see the franchise rebooting any time soon, there is no doubt that X-men: The Lat Stand and X-men Origins: Wolverine did damage to the franchise. I'm sure some people would like to blame a new cast on First Class under preforming, but I'm sure that many people didn't want to get duped a third time. Also the original cast returning doesn't guarantee success, trailers and marketing will have to be good to ensure DOFP is profitable. The marketing for the Wolverine doesn't make me particularly hopeful.

But DOFP already has a lot of hype. Of course FOX could screw it up if they don't market it well and let the summer movies outshine it.

With The Wolverine, it has a poor marketing, lack of buzz, new cast (except for Hugh Jackman) and its a spin-off. Different case.

Aside from the trailers and digital posters, I have not seen any other promotional materials. Hell, a cardboard installation for theaters would be a start, if not bus stop ads.

But it's kind of a minor issue that most of the main X-Men are dead isn't it?

Oh ok, can't argue with that. Your compelling arguments have convinced me.
Do i really have to explain how Wolverine was bad? Just go read a review, if the critic is decent he'll give you a good idea of how it was bad.

Aside from the trailers and digital posters, I have not seen any other promotional materials. Hell, a cardboard installation for theaters would be a start, if not bus stop ads.
There's huge posters in my theater, plus he's on the cover of Entertainment Weekly and Empire and apparently will be on the cover of July Men's Fitness. Come July, you will see stuff everywhere, and Hugh will be on a gazillion talk shows all over the world I'm sure.

Do i really have to explain how Wolverine was bad? Just go read a review, if the critic is decent he'll give you a good idea of how it was bad.

Should I explain that people are entitled to their opinions, and that maybe you should let it go?

It may not be a popular opinion, but it's still ok for anyone to have liked the first movie, if they please.

My theater has this:

Japanposter_zps6acd7bb1.jpg

LOL.I don't know why that film gets ripped as much as it does.But a lot of films I enjoy (X3,S-M 3,IM 2,etc) seem to get hated on,so I'm used to it.:woot:

I quite enjoyed Iron Man 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"