• Secure your account

    A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

  • Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IGN Article X3: Villainy of Magneto

"Brett Ratner has a favorite. It's when the supervillain first crosses paths with Beast, played by Kelsey Grammar. "


thats what im talkin bout..... i really think beast will be a break out hit
 
Sweet. :up: I'm thinking that him and Beast have a fight in the final battle. Beast saving Wolevrine from Magneto.
 
Ian McKellen said:
One concern McKellan shares is that moviegoers might think X-Men: The Last Stand is just another "franchise" film. "I'm not going to use that dreaded f-word," he says. "To call it a franchise, it's as if we're in the business of just making money. I think that's an insult to everybody involved, including the audience. We're telling a very important story, and because we're telling it with the same characters three times over just means that the story is worth telling three times over, to be truthful."

well said... what do you guys think?
 
I just got a flash of Beast pouncing on Apocalypse in that XML2 cutscene. Beast v. Magneto is definitely sounds awesome. :up:
 
I don't know why everyone wants Magneto to bite the dust or leave for another villain to come center stage in X4 (crossing fingers). Magneto has been greatly explored and is just an overall great character. I love the ideas and positon on mutancy/homo sapiens. To me, it is simply fascinating and IMO much more believable and achievable than Xavier's dream of coexistence. Apocalypse and Sinister are for mutan supremacy but they go about it differently than Magneto would. Also they have really no history with any of the other characters, so there's no emotional connection. The Hellfire Club is only seeking world domination by political and econmonic ways, making them quite generic and bland.

Magneto should be in every X-Men film. Yes, other villains can be introduced, yet always have Magneto in their.
 
But McKellan promises, "If you're looking for a totally different view of X-Men, it will be perfectly possible. [The film] has a script that we all agree is superior from the start out, to the previous two, and it has a very intriguing hook that gets you involved immediately and emotionally with the characters."


Good stuff. Thanks for posting! :)
 
Ian McKellen is such a great voice for the X-Men actors...He almost seems the most emotionally involved in the movie than everyone else..

-TNC
 
"Magneto will have no remorse when he uses his metal-manipulating abilities to capture Wolverine, slam him into the ground, and twist him around in the dirt. And Wolverine's painful screams won't bother him in the slightest."

I can't wait to see that.
 
TNC9852002 said:
Ian McKellen is such a great voice for the X-Men actors...He almost seems the most emotionally involved in the movie than everyone else..

-TNC

Tru dat. And I'm thinking that his passion will translate into his most powerful performance yet. Ever since that I heard that "Nothing can stop us!" line, I've been more excited about Ian's performance than anyone else's.
 
His voice is just so powerful and convincing. He could very well be one of the greatest villains in comic film history. I can't think of anyone else who truly captured the essence of their character as greatly as Ian has.
 
I can't wait to see the Magneto/Beast scene.
 
BoBByJoMo said:
I don't know why everyone wants Magneto to bite the dust or leave for another villain to come center stage in X4 (crossing fingers). Magneto has been greatly explored and is just an overall great character. I love the ideas and positon on mutancy/homo sapiens. To me, it is simply fascinating and IMO much more believable and achievable than Xavier's dream of coexistence. Apocalypse and Sinister are for mutan supremacy but they go about it differently than Magneto would. Also they have really no history with any of the other characters, so there's no emotional connection. The Hellfire Club is only seeking world domination by political and econmonic ways, making them quite generic and bland.

Magneto should be in every X-Men film. Yes, other villains can be introduced, yet always have Magneto in their.

Sorry but after X3 Magneto should be gone, or at the least have a very small part. You can make characters like the Hellfire Club and Apocalypse interesting...you just have to change them a bit from the comics. And Sinister does have a history with two characters: Cyclops and Jean. Thats why I dont want to see them die.
 
The "cure," of course, is the movie's main issue. "Some [mutants] get cured and get changed," says McKellan. "But of course we don't know, this cure being a new thing, how long it's going to last."

:eek: :up:
 
I am ready for Beast to hand it to Magneto. I want to see Mags magnetizing and hurling metal objects at an oncoming Beast and using his agility to evade them.
 
Seeing Magneto hurling and tossing cars at Beast like how Darth Sidious did to Yoda in RotS would be amazing. It's every fanboys' wet dream...
 
Just got another flash of Beast handing Mag's arse to him in UXM. Ooo am I excited! It's so rare to see these two together that every time they tangle, I get excited.
 
Hearing McKellen comment on the "superior script" brings warm feelings to my heart!:up:;)
 
McKlellen's portraya; of Magneto has been one of favorite performances in the x-men franchise. He really is a big part of why i love these films.
 
sirius14sho said:
"Magneto will have no remorse when he uses his metal-manipulating abilities to capture Wolverine, slam him into the ground, and twist him around in the dirt. And Wolverine's painful screams won't bother him in the slightest."

I can't wait to see that.

I cannot wait to see if in any movie Magneto rips out his adamatium.
 
I'm just so glad that finally we have the big, blue furry guy in these movies. ind you I refuse to read the novelizations, so I want to find out how they explain his absence in the first two movies.
 
I'm looking forward to a philosophical Beast-Magneto battle, not physical (but that would be good too)
I think Ratner's favourite is the first.
 
I think Ian McKellan can relate to his character the most b/c he knows what it's like to be in the minority and discriminated against and it comes out in his performance! Plus he always manages to shut Wolverine up :up:!lol
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
200,678
Messages
21,785,230
Members
45,620
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"