Magneto prequel to star Ian McKellen - Breaking news!

Sweet Jesus, that would be freakin awesome!!!!!!

Not to knock Ian McKellan as Magneto but whatever happened to the Wolverine Solo project?

Godzilla2000 said:
Not to knock Ian McKellan as Magneto but whatever happened to the Wolverine Solo project?
I heard it was on the second draft and Hugh hopes to film it next year.

I hope this is true. :up:

This sounds cool. I've been waiting for this kind of technology for ages.

Years ago, a project was in the works called Gemeni Man, about a futuristic bounty hunter or something, who is the target of assassination by his younger clone. It was going to star Harrison Ford and use CG technology to de-age him for the younger version. I guess the technology just wasn't there yet, but when it's perfected it's going to be a very useful tool indeed for film-makers, especially when dealing with iconic actors whose younger appearances we are very familiar with.

To do this for a whole movie would be a great test of the technology, and I can't wait to see the mentioned scenes in X3.

chaseter said:
It was used in Red Dragon but I am sure what we have now has advanced a lot.

Hopkins wasn't digitally de-aged at all in that film. There was talk of it but it never panned out, AFAIK. If I'm wrong then it was really badly done because the flashback scenes had Hopkins looking exactly like the present. The only difference was that he dyed his hair.

Rac said:
So that means Ian Holm could do The Hobbit! (If it's gonna happen soon enough and if the techonology is really good. We'll need to see the opening of X3.)

Hell yes! That'd be the perfect application for it, because I find it very hard to imagine anyone else in teh role. Ian Holm circa Alien is how I imagine young Bilbo.

This kind of de-aging technology is part of the software developed for Robert Zemeckis' Beowulf, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"