Ign: Batman: Battle for the cowl may solicitations!

I feel I would not be doing my job as a poster correctly if I did not say boobs don't work that way. Seriously Daniel, are you looking to poke someone's eye out or something? Because they are seriously pointy.

Edit: and ****, stop bringing back Black Mask DC! He already had a great death in Catwoman, so you brought him back for a lame death in War Games, when is enough!?

So who does everyone think will win? Dick, Jason, or Tim?

My money's on Drake.

The Batman with the gun is pretty much confirmed to be Jason Todd, as the 3rd Ghost of Batman becomes Azrael. If you check IGN'S mini site on Battle for the Cowl you see a art panel by Tony Daniel where Jason is making the batman mask.

I hope Drake doesn't get it so he can go back to having an actual personality instead of being an emo whiner Fabian been forcing him into recently. The whole point of Tim Drake was to be a lighter character among darker ones. Plus he's not exactly the tallest in the group either.

I really hope Dick becomes batman and tim stays as robin. The two already have great chemistry together, sorta like a sibling relationship, they would make a great batman and robin together. Damien better not be robin!

it makes more editorial sense to spread your cast out over several books. it equals more titles that people are interested in. Dick and Tim together is putting two major guys in one basket, leaving a bunch of second stringers to fill out what about seven other books.

Yeah but still, it wouldnt make ANY sense having it any other way. What right does Damien have to be robin? Does anyone even like Damien? He sucha evil, little annoying devil child that came outta nowhere like 2 years ago, i dont even see how Nightwing would agree to work with him. He already has a tight relationship with Tim, it only makes sense.

Yeah but still, it wouldnt make ANY sense having it any other way. What right does Damien have to be robin? Does anyone even like Damien? He sucha evil, little annoying devil child that came outta nowhere like 2 years ago, i dont even see how Nightwing would agree to work with him. He already has a tight relationship with Tim, it only makes sense.
This I agree with, even if I liked Damian, I still don't see any way he could suddenly be Robin.To me he's just another part of Morrison's destruction of the Al Ghul legends.

Battle for the Cowl looks and sounds great. Hell, some of the tie-ins look pretty good, too.

This I agree with, even if I liked Damian, I still don't see any way he could suddenly be Robin.To me he's just another part of Morrison's destruction of the Al Ghul legends.

what were the earlier infringements?

what? editorial is the only sense that applies. these aren't real characters, don't try to rationalize it like they are. if having Tim and Dick in separate titles sells more books, then that's it.

apart from that, whether it's 'right' or not Dick & Damian sounds far more interesting simply because it's WTF. Dick & Tim, we've seen that before, and besides there's no conflict in that

Yeah but the editorial has to make the transitions make sense, and i dont see a legitimate reason why Nightwing would even allow Damien to be Robin.

Why would Dick allow it? cause regardless of what anybody thinks the kid is genetically tied to Batman. So from a storytelling standpoint it has to be explored and the Robin at the beginning of R.I.P. is definitely not Tim Drake. Maybe it was Bruce's instructions to Dick in his "will" but we see Dick clearly training Damian in front of Talia in the batcave of all places in the epilogue (Origins & Omens) of the last Nightwing issue.

Oh no, so they really are going down this path aren't they? *Sigh*, oh well, i guess i just never got used to the fact that Bruce had an illegitimate devil child years ago that we never knew about. If it happened to some other hero it woulda been fine, but not batman IMO.

Yeah but the editorial has to make the transitions make sense, and i dont see a legitimate reason why Nightwing would even allow Damien to be Robin.

to save him from becoming a villain, or a thorn in Batmans side. Because he's persistent. Because he's highly trained and extremely capable. Because Dick's a good guy. It's what Bruce Wayne used to do and he respects that. Because the dynamic will make it a cool comic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"