In the comics, who was living at the Mansion after tDPS ended?

RainyDayWriter

Civilian
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm working on a story outline and I'm hoping some gurus here can illuminate details. I've read through various Wiki's but, as we might guess, the timelines around this period are, quite simply, a little bit nuts. OK, a lot nuts.
  1. Who were the X-Men remaining at the X-Mansion after the end of the Dark Phoenix Saga? Who would become or is recognized the standard "team" in this era, post-tDPS?
  2. How long was it before Scott met, and fell in love with, his next romance, and who was it?
  3. What was the next major storyline after Dark Phoenix wrapped? Who played a part in it?
Comic book continuity.

Thank you all, kindly.

- an Old Man.

Off the top of my head, the team at the time was: Xavier, Storm, Wolverine, Colossus, Nightcrawler, and Kitty Pryde (I think she was still going by Sprite back then, or maybe Ariel). Angel was a common guest star, but didn't live at the mansion. Scott continued to be a big part of the story even though he left the X-Men after Jean's death. And he eventually did come back, obviously. Until he left again to get married and settle down.

Scott's next romance was Lee Forrester, sea captain extraordinaire, but it didn't really go very far because it was actually very soon after and Scott was too broken up about Jean. Also they were attacked by D'Spayre. His next real relationship was Madelyne Prior, years later (in the real world, which usually means months later in Marvel comics time).

The next 'big story' historically speaking was Days of Future Past. But that was really not that big at the time, it just caught on really well. And I don't know to what extent one would say it really would be an extraordinarily huge deal to the characters themselves. The next really big deal for the characters was probably the Brood saga several years later. DofP pretty much involved the team as already mentioned, except Kitty Pryde was basically posessed by a future version of herself. The Brood Saga took place offword (Xavier was left behind) and starred the team as already mentioned (without Angel, and I think without Scott) plus Carol Danvers/Ms. Marvel who'd been hanging out with X-men at the time and was having powers issues.

ETA: Moira Mactaggert might have been living at the mansion around that time, too. Not sure. Or possibly Stevie Hunter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"