In your opinion, which is the best X-Men storyline after the Age of Apocalypse saga?

Darthphere said:
The fact is. Nightcrawler was always a metaphor. Highly religious but looked like a demon. But now his dad is shown to be some demon looking dude, oh that makes sense, and he has two borthers that look exactly like him. Awesome! Nightcrawler lost his individuality, all I can say im glad no other writer has picked up on this horrible story line.

lol, this is in perfect sync with your reasons for hating the Other arc.:O

Darthphere said:
The fact is. Nightcrawler was always a metaphor. Highly religious but looked like a demon. But now his dad is shown to be some demon looking dude, oh that makes sense, and he has two borthers that look exactly like him. Awesome! Nightcrawler lost his individuality, all I can say im glad no other writer has picked up on this horrible story line.

First off, Abyss only looked like Nightcrawler because the artist made him look like Nightcrawler. In any other storyline he hasn't, and I'd rather him not. And Kiwi Black looks NOTHING like Nightcrawler. In essence, they are nothing like Nightcrawler. Their powers are differant, they look differant, their personalities are differant. They're fine.

And what's so hard to believe that his father looks demonic as well? I got my dark curly hair, deep brown eyes, dark caucasian skin, and just overall ruggedly handsome good looks from my father. People tend to get their physical aspects from a parent, and I think it makes sense that his fater would be demonic looking as he is. Didn't have to happen, but it sure doesn't hurt anything. And it has nothing to do with his faith, that came along in his own regard and wasn't tarnished in the slightest. He still looks like a demon, though is a devout Catholic, and struggles between the light and dark as he always has. Nothing's changed at all. Personally, I really wish they would further their storyline. Perhaps take it a differant route than Austen intended, as I wasn't much on the Angel Demon idea, but at least still play with it. I'm mostly just in love with the idea of Abyss as Nightcrawler's brother.

JewishHobbit said:
That's taken completely out of context. Havoc threatened Iceman in that way after Iceman insulted him. It was never meant to be taken seriously. Granted, it was a tasteless line, but at least take it how it was meant to be taken.

I think there was a time you had a sense of humor. I guess things have changed since you've gotten hypersensitive from all the Marvel bashing (not making this up, you've posted it yourself that you're fed up with people criticizing Marvel) that you can no longer tell that I was joking. But if you want to take it seriously, FINE! Read it again and you'll see that it was getting to the point where they were going to have to do something that I would've found incredibly stupid yet funny. A yellow Iceman?! You HAVE to take it with a laugh. It still came to doing something out of character by having Iceman rob the moisture and almost killing (or actually killing, I don't remember) one of the demonesses.

I love the Nightcrawler character and thought he was best handled in Excalibur, especially during Aland Davis' run where he had and issue where they explained ALL of his powers. The Draco was unecessary and a spit on the face of the character. His father not being a demon, you say? Wasn't it in that same arc that we found out that Warren is angelic to Kurt's demonic? Didn't the other demons "smell" it on him? Sure the whole thing has been forgotten since then, but at the time if felt like the start of an angels vs. demons storyline.

Simply said, it was unnecessary. Ill just leave it at that.

Tropico said:
I think there was a time you had a sense of humor. I guess things have changed since you've gotten hypersensitive from all the Marvel bashing (not making this up, you've posted it yourself that you're fed up with people criticizing Marvel) that you can no longer tell that I was joking.

Granted. I try to keep light hearted, but there's some storylines that still get me going because I don't see the harm in them, though people rag on them non-stop, or at least anytime they're mentioned. Draco's one. I should roll with it more though, you're right. My bad. But just for the sake of argument.

But if you want to take it seriously, FINE! Read it again and you'll see that it was getting to the point where they were going to have to do something that I would've found incredibly stupid yet funny. A yellow Iceman?! You HAVE to take it with a laugh. It still came to doing something out of character by having Iceman rob the moisture and almost killing (or actually killing, I don't remember) one of the demonesses.

I will grant that his killing the demoness was out of character, 100% true. But Bobby can take moisture from more than urine (such as with the Demoness), and I was under the impression that that was what they ment. He'd take enough moisture from them to reform himself, leaving them weaker and dehydrated. It was humored that Bobby was refuring to Urine (again, tasteless humor) but they decided on any water, meaming sweat, tears, whatever other water that our body is mostly made from.

I love the Nightcrawler character and thought he was best handled in Excalibur, especially during Aland Davis' run where he had and issue where they explained ALL of his powers.

I've never read those, but I'll eventually get around to them.

The Draco was unecessary and a spit on the face of the character. His father not being a demon, you say? Wasn't it in that same arc that we found out that Warren is angelic to Kurt's demonic? Didn't the other demons "smell" it on him? Sure the whole thing has been forgotten since then, but at the time if felt like the start of an angels vs. demons storyline.

Yes it was mentioned, and it was to go into an angel vs demon storyline, but it never said that they were angels or demons. It said that they were mutants of angel and demon like. I think it was in the fifth issue when Azazel was explaining his Satan/angel/demon term usage as a metafor for Earth and the humans and mutants. The Angels and Demons were just factions of mutants, such as the Wolves were from Dominant Species and Exiles. They weren't demons or Angels at all. Though keep in mind, I've already said that THAT is a storyline I wasn't much on.

JewishHobbit said:
Yes it was mentioned, and it was to go into an angel vs demon storyline, but it never said that they were angels or demons. It said that they were mutants of angel and demon like. I think it was in the fifth issue when Azazel was explaining his Satan/angel/demon term usage as a metafor for Earth and the humans and mutants. The Angels and Demons were just factions of mutants, such as the Wolves were from Dominant Species and Exiles. They weren't demons or Angels at all. Though keep in mind, I've already said that THAT is a storyline I wasn't much on.

In some of the interviews of Austen, he's said that part of his plans were to have this whole "angel/demon mutant factions" thing turn into a bigger storyline. so everything austen did (the healing blood, josh guthrie, azazel, abyss, kiwi black) was set up for a larger story.

glad that never saw the light of day.

Spectre722 said:
In some of the interviews of Austen, he's said that part of his plans were to have this whole "angel/demon mutant factions" thing turn into a bigger storyline. so everything austen did (the healing blood, josh guthrie, azazel, abyss, kiwi black) was set up for a larger story.

Thank you!:D

And just in case, I didn't mean my post in any kind of mean or harsh tone, JH; seeing it again I can see how it could come off as mean spirited. You're cool in my book, even though you like The Draco.:mad::p:D

Spectre722 said:

Me too. However with what little we were given, I think better things can still result from it, such as Nightcrawler's family. However, I'm interested in seeing how Austen's story would have played out. I kinda like the idea of Warren and Josh leading some major angelic war. That could have been kinda cool if done well... though Austen commonly dropped the ball when it came to payoff.

Tropico said:
Thank you!:D

And just in case, I didn't mean my post in any kind of mean or harsh tone, JH; seeing it again I can see how it could come off as mean spirited. You're cool in my book, even though you like The Draco.:mad::p:D

Hey, we're all entitled to our one story that everyone else hates (and in my case I have quite a few. I even liked Sins Past)

JewishHobbit said:
Hey, we're all entitled to our one story that everyone else hates (and in my case I have quite a few. I even liked Sins Past)

*Cries* And here I was thinking I was the only one left that liked Sins Past, New Avengers, and the Other.:(

BROTHER!

*Tries to give him a Brokeback hug*

The problem is during the early 90s each comic creative team started LOOKING for the next crossover. This was a big no no as the best crossovers had been ideas which had been slowly coming together over a several year period. You may point out that they did have crossovers in uncanny almost every year but a) they werent overhyped on the most part and b) they were normally the climax of long period of story for example the muir island saga was the culmination of at least about 80 issues or about 7 years of x-men plotline, xtinction agenda tied up about three or four years of storyline while inferno dealt with everything since jean grey disappeared, phionex died and madelyne pryor turned up ). The comics world held itself together for about five years but by the late 90s every title had a crossover every year.

This annoying trend has continued to today with civil war coming along way too soon. By that i mean house of m has barely finished, we didn`t have any real time to take in the decimation storyline and the illuminati thing was thrown in mere moments before civil war got going.

So it is no wonder that it is so difficult to work out a good storyline after aoa.

Onslaught was rather stupid.

zero tolerance was good initially but lost the point and all the status quo changes evaporated in a few months.

Search for Xavier did simply what it said in the title and had little else to present to the reader.

Magneto Wars simply killed off joseph who was a rather interesting character.

Psi-War botched the setup and it pales in comparison to shadow king`s last outing on muir island.

Didn`t even bother to buy most of the rest until planet-x.

Planet-x simply has magento annex new york and then dramatically sit around and wait for the x-men to regroup and shoot toad`s knee caps off.

House of M was too longwinded but was rather enjoyable.

Devastation sucked because the x-men went all racist. Just because people weren`t muties anymore they got kicked out onto the street.

All in all House of M was prob the best.

Genesis 1.0 said:
*Cries* And here I was thinking I was the only one left that liked Sins Past, New Avengers, and the Other.:(

BROTHER!

*Tries to give him a Brokeback hug*

New Avengers is one of my favorate comics... and I even liked the Other.....

Gimme a hug!!!!

JewishHobbit said:
We aims to please.

That we do. The Other kicked ass.:up:

I'm so gonna change my hame to 'Jewish Genesis'.

Yay! I have an obsessed fan!

I must portray this sudden leap to stardom with a sigworthy declaration!

I never read the Other, but I like New Avengers. And House of M.

Can I be a level 2 sub-fan?

Hmmm, you'll have to fill out an application for further consideration.

lol, from being Darth's half-brother to THIS. I'm moving up in the world.

lol, of course you would say something like that, you just envy us false Jews.

Genesis 1.0 said:
lol, of course you would say something like that, you just envy us false Jews.

I dont envy people who like trash like The Other and Sins Past. I can live with people liking New Avengers but those two stories, uh uh.

While Age of Apocalypse was great:

The Dark Pheonix Saga is probably the best
Onslaught was great
Operation: Zero Tolerence I liked
The Brood Wars was great
God Loves, Man Kills was awsome (The original)
The Phalanx Covenant
Fatal Attractions

These are just to name some of the best stories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"