World In the G1 Cartoon, does Grimlock rarely transform to Robot Mode?

That's what I read, and it makes sense. Bandai was/is Takara's main competitor in the giant robot market, lords of Gundam, Machine robo (Gobots), and Super Sentai (Power Rangers) that they are. The name change happened because firstly Takara insisted the animated character to be as far from a VH-1 Valkyrie look alike as possible, and they'd change the animation models so extensively that it really wasn't Jetfire anymore.

That's what I read, and it makes sense. Bandai was/is Takara's main competitor in the giant robot market, lords of Gundam, Machine robo (Gobots), and Super Sentai (Power Rangers) that they are. The name change happened because firstly Takara insisted the animated character to be as far from a VH-1 Valkyrie look alike as possible, and they'd change the animation models so extensively that it really wasn't Jetfire anymore.

I'm not so sure about what you read on the name change since the Marvel Comic of the time used the name Jetfire.....I always thought it was a script error much like the name David Banner given to the Hulks alter-ego on the tv serries...........And as for your idea on why the design change ,I beleave your a bit miss-informed ,Bandi didnt get the rights to start produceing Macross figures untill late 1984 and didnt release any till early 1985.The Robotech didnt make its first U.S. arring till March of 1985 althou it was on the air in Japan in early 1982.
Hasbro wouldnt have been worried that Jetfires likeness would be on a competitors show because when season 1 of Transformers was being produce it had no competitor in Robotech..........but those that owned the rights to Macross were in dealing to bring the show and the toylineto the U.S. and they decided not to sell the rights to the likeness to Hasbro in antisapation of having Macross on the U.S. market.

An other reason I dont think that Takara didnt have anything to do with the design change with Jetfire is becaus if I'm right out of all the toys that Hasbro bought to fill in the Transformers toyline ,Shockwave was the only only one that was reproduce by Takara and marketed and sold as part of the Transformers line in Japan.Jetfire ,Roadbuster, Whirl, Omega Supreme, Venom, Barrage,Chop shop and Ransack were never re-released by Takara fot their Transformer toyline and they never planed to.So I doubt that they would have cared what Hasbro and Marvel did with the toy design

Actually Takara did care, a lot. They were going to launch the TF line in their market. And TF's at that time were a partnership between Hasbro and Takara. So Takara would have a say. And you really can't hold up the comic using the name Jetfire as a proof that the name change was an accidnet. Considering that today TF comics feature characters named Hook, Motormaster, Bluestreak, Mixmaster, and Trailbreaker. All names that Hasbro would be very hard pressed to ever put on a toy again due to trademarking issues. An add to that after the first 4 issues the Marvel G1 comic and TV show part company and never meat again.

Actually Takara did care, a lot. They were going to launch the TF line in their market. And TF's at that time were a partnership between Hasbro and Takara. So Takara would have a say. And you really can't hold up the comic using the name Jetfire as a proof that the name change was an accidnet. Considering that today TF comics feature characters named Hook, Motormaster, Bluestreak, Mixmaster, and Trailbreaker. All names that Hasbro would be very hard pressed to ever put on a toy again due to trademarking issues. An add to that after the first 4 issues the Marvel G1 comic and TV show part company and never meat again.

I wasnt holding it up as proff that it was an accident....I'm just saying I thought it was.As for the partner-shipp between Takara and Hasbro&Marvel/Sunbow, it was more or a 70% x 30% partner ship in favor of Hasbro & asociates.Takara provided the toys molds and the first character designs for the show and they were againts [at first] Hasbro looking twards its competitors in Japan for other Toys to fill in the Transformers toyline in the U.S. The fact that Shockwave is the only G1 toy ,that was purchased by Hasbro from a Takara competitor, that was reproduced by Takara and released as part of their Transformers brand toyline is evidence of that.Even as of late Hasbro seems to exsert a lot of pull over Takara, Micro legend [Armada] was never intended to feature Unicron but Hasbro insisted.Super Link ;Energon] was never intended to be a sequel to Micron legend [Armada] but Hasbro insisted.The only time Takara took a stand against Hasbro was with Galaxy Force [Cybertron].
Your last 2 comment's are confusing......I dont see why you would bring up trademark issues with those names when the names Jetfire or Skyfire have never been restricted to Hasbro for use......and Tv show and Marvel parting company after the first 4 issues??????Marvel was very instrumental in the developement in the production of the Transformers 1986 movie witch was well after the first 4 issues of the Marvel run.

i think transformers the movie was awesome but its too bad that the movie kind of made the series go down hill

yeah and that really stinks considering on how many cool transformers they had like scorponok, abomitron, omega supreme, metroplex.springer. just tons of them but they had to get bad writers. if only the beastwars writers could go back in tim and write g1

yeah and that really stinks considering on how many cool transformers they had like scorponok, abomitron, omega supreme, metroplex.springer. just tons of them but they had to get bad writers. if only the beastwars writers could go back in tim and write g1

abomitron? There was no such Transformer.

your write. i forgot his name but he was like 5 monster robots put togethor

yeah thats who i meant. did the terrorcons ever fight the dinobots because that would be awesome

yeah thats who i meant. did the terrorcons ever fight the dinobots because that would be awesome

There was a episode called Call of the Primatives where there is a large fight scene and both Groups are in it but I dont remember if they fight each other in it.

what about dinobots and predacons. i know it wouldnt be as cool as terrorcons. i know the predacon to commercial had them fight each other

what about dinobots and predacons. i know it wouldnt be as cool as terrorcons. i know the predacon to commercial had them fight each other

In the same epispde a fight each other a bit but thats it.In the U.S. and U.K. G1 Marvel comic's they do get into it from time to time.

well except when they turn into predaking i dont think they have a chance. and they should have had a big fight metween the terrorcons and dinobots because that would be awesome. think about it monsters vs dinosaurs that would be like the best fight ever

Season 3 was so bad for most part.
I remember an episode where Hot Rod, Acree and Ultra Magnus
got transfered into human bodies. I thought this would be
very interesting with the TF trying to handle new bodies, but
the episode was so lame. They didn't even seem bothered that
they were in human bodies now experiencing new things.

Season 3 was so bad for most part.
I remember an episode where Hot Rod, Acree and Ultra Magnus
got transfered into human bodies. I thought this would be
very interesting with the TF trying to handle new bodies, but
the episode was so lame. They didn't even seem bothered that
they were in human bodies now experiencing new things.

You mean Rodimus Prime:trans:

i think rodimus would be cooler than optimus if season 3 could have gotten some actually good writing

i wonder what would have happened if ultra magnus became leader. because i think it would basically be a blue optimus prime. but who know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"