• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Iron Man 2 Increasing IM2's chances of beating TDK's record?

IronJoe

Civilian
Reaction score
Is anybody doing something, if anything, to get people to go see this movie?

I really want Iron Man 2 to beat TDK's record - so I'm doing my part.

1) I've encouraged all my friends, family and co-workers to see it opening weekend
2) I'm committed to seeing it multiple times that weekend: Midnight opener, Friday matinee, Saturday night, Sunday night.

3) Hosting an Iron Man 2 party on Saturday night - where my guests (people who wouldn't normally see this opening weekend) are coming for free food and a showing of "Iron Man" on Blu-ray, then we're heading out to the theatre to watch the sequel. Kind of a cheap move, I turned it into a social event so people would come opening weekend. And hey, even if they don't like the movie, who can turn down Arc Reactor cupcakes? :woot:

So what are you all doing to help IM2's chances?

It's not that serious. lol And the record will just be broken by another film or Batman 3 itself. So...um yeah.

Hahahaha, you've really got this all figured out don'tcha?

It will beat the record without the extra effort. Don't be surprised if IM2 makes $170+ million over the opening weekend. TDK's opening weekend already adjusts to that number with 2 years of ticket price inflation. IM2 just needs to sell around 7% less tickets than TDK did and it will beat $158.4 million. If it sells a similar amount of tickets, obviously it will make $170+ million. ;)

Last edited:
It will beat the record without the extra effort. Don't be surprised if IM2 makes $170+ million over the opening weekend. TDK's opening weekend already adjusts to that number with 2 years of ticket price inflation. IM2 just needs to sell around 7% less tickets than TDK did and it will beat $158.4 million. If it sells a similar amount of tickets, obviously it will make $170+ million. ;)
lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"