A Nightmare on Elm Street 3D Sequel Already in the Works

This is why the franchise should have taken some slower steps...

1st film: Complete origin story...Silence Of The Lambs meets Saw. Freddie is burned alive in the end.
2nd film: Freddie learns that he can return in the dreams of the children. Have a smaller cast...maybe Freddie learning how to become powerful in the dream world, going after the asian kid with the webcam. In the new film, the asian kid has a drawing behind him where he has mapped out Freddie's dream world. This sort of struggle to learn about Freddie while Freddie is gaining power is far more interesting than the film they focused on instead. This kid was a fighter, and had a plan...and he was reduced to a cameo in the new film so they could instead focus on mumbling morons.
3rd film: Complete mind-freak. Like I mentioned before, get the director of The Cell to do it...and have a fully powerful Freddie put Nancy in a coma and torture her. She's his favorite, so he doesn't want her dead quite yet. Maybe use her as a way of bringing new victims in. A visual spectacle unlike anything we've ever seen in cinema (in 3D).

Well what if some of those kids had younger siblings later on? Revenge can go so many ways. And with Nancy still alive, she will probably make friends which will make them targets. But I dont remember if all the kids in the class picture were x'ed out or not so there could(shouldve) be(en) 1 or 2 more kids out there. And there was probably more than one class in that preschool or whatev.

Yeah, I won't hold my breath, especially considering that the F13 sequel was ready to go a week after release.

Yeah, I won't hold my breath, especially considering that the F13 sequel was ready to go a week after release.
Yeah, so alot of people crying and moaning about there being another sequel just I don't know what.

But who knows.

I don't want a 3D Friday the 13th, but 3D would be perfect for A Nightmare on Elm Street.

Am I the only one that remembers seeing the last 20 minutes of Freddy's Dead in 3D? It was still the 3D with the red & blue glasses, but it was kinda cool.

I just remembered that now... :wow:

Like I said, they'll have to resort to some crappy reasoning as to why he's going after more kids on Elm Street now. They really shouldn't have done that backstory about the preschool if they wanted sequels. Because the sole reason Freddy was killing this time, was because that specific group had told him. To have him go after other kids for no reason because ''Oh I'm bored and I've killed everyone already!" would seem pretty lame.

Like I said, they'll have to resort to some crappy reasoning as to why he's going after more kids on Elm Street now. They really shouldn't have done that backstory about the preschool if they wanted sequels. Because the sole reason Freddy was killing this time, was because that specific group had told him. To have him go after other kids for no reason because ''Oh I'm bored and I've killed everyone already!" would seem pretty lame.

Well...he IS a psychotic, sexually deviant murderer. Those types get off on power...and being able to stalk in dreams is the ultimate power trip...

The NOES remake was better than expected for me and I'd like to see some sequels, I look forward to this. Hopefully the F13 reboot sequel will eventually pick up as well.

Didn't hear anything else about this movie, i think it's dead.

I liked the ANOES remake... pity the sequel is dead...

If they wait too long, it'll probably be yet another remake... which is sad because JEH is a good Freddy

Well, Platinum Dunes wants to focus on more lighthearted films....for now, they said. It's not the end for Freddy, if you ask me.

If they wait too long, it'll probably be yet another remake... which is sad because JEH is a good Freddy
JEH was an AWESOME freddy. More creepy and terrifying than the original, if I dare say. The fact that he could make you feel bad for the character during the flashback scene just makes it even more so. It was a shame the actual movie was weak.

Is Rooney Mara signed on for sequels to this? For the sake of her career, I hope not.

I rather they used different kids for every movie anyway...

Is Rooney Mara signed on for sequels to this? For the sake of her career, I hope not.

There's no sequel. I liked JEH in the Freddy role. We could of gotten a badass sequel IMO.

Like this, it seems like we're only going to see another nightmare movie in 10 years, and that it's going to be a reboot again :dry:

Am I the only one that remembers seeing the last 20 minutes of Freddy's Dead in 3D? It was still the 3D with the red & blue glasses, but it was kinda cool.

I just remembered that now... :wow:

I do and it was very well done for the time, my original issue Freddy Kruger dvd box set from the 90s has Freddy's Dead with the option of 3D or 2D ending with 2 pairs of red/blue 3D glasses that came in a envelope that I still have in the box set :).

I have the old DVD boxed set which has the option of viewing Freddy's Dead in 3D. I tried it once but 3D never looks good for me on DVD, at least not on the TV I watch it on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"