Inhumans Inhuman Outfits

I'm getting sick of the "well...this happened in the comics once" excuse.

Black Bolt isn't wearing a business suit to honor a comic story...he's wearing a suit because we know that the showrunner can't stand costumes (and apparently hates comic books).

Medusa is apparently getting her hair cut short. That isn't happening to honor a comic story...it's happening for budget reasons (and possibly because the showrunner couldn't figure out how to do the hair or hated the idea).

Yeah...I'm speculating...but we have Iron Fist as evidence, and nothing we are seeing seems to be showing that this is any different.

But hey...maybe the showrunner of Iron Fist and the director of several WWE films will produce high quality entertainment.

If only it were budgeted and promoted like an average scifi adventure show, I suspect the disappointment would be much smaller, though some expectations are hard to shake with beloved characters from decades-old literature.

I don't know, Farscape had better costumes than these. . . *ahem* :cwink:

I am comfortable calling these the worst "headliner" outfits of any MCU product so far, unless the "final product" version is a *lot* better.

I am comfortable calling these the worst "headliner" outfits of any MCU product so far, unless the "final product" version is a *lot* better.

What are you smoking? These are the best costumes not just of any MCU product, but of any comic book movie or TV series. In fact, the best costumes of any film or all time. Look at how beautiful Medusa's hair looks. They should win multiple awards for these designs.

Essentially my first thought:
far1.jpg

Now with less aliens and more leather
season-3-farscape-32199713-3066-2020.jpg

Andromeda:
fa74e485fb93c81408276e058aef187e.jpg

Andromedaseriescrew.jpg
In the tv realm, the only other points of contention are AoS and Marvel Netflix...and most of those are barely outfits. Heck, I only recall like 2 maybe 3 Inhumans with extensive makeup/costuming.

Medusa looks like she's got her head in a head brace.

Essentially my first thought:

In the tv realm, the only other points of contention are AoS and Marvel Netflix...and most of those are barely outfits. Heck, I only recall like 2 maybe 3 Inhumans with extensive makeup/costuming.

That's kind of overlooking the point, though. The AoS cast mostly wear a mix of formal suits and jumpsuits, which is pretty much what those types wear in the comics, too. And the jumpsuits look fine. Ghost Rider, if you consider him a headliner, looks fine too, both immediately recognizable and shockingly high quality. Over on Netflix, Daredevil's costumes ( both of them ) looked great, even the one that was "less faithful". Jessica Jones and Luke Cage both wore civie clothes, but the right type of civie clothes to match the comic character ( and with easter egg references to their more cheesy costume moments ).

Its not a matter of "costume or not" or "faithful or not", so much as "quality or not". None of the "DVD cover" characters on the other shows have been nearly as bad as this set, where the outfits just fail in terms of quality.

That's kind of overlooking the point, though. The AoS cast mostly wear a mix of formal suits and jumpsuits, which is pretty much what those types wear in the comics, too. And the jumpsuits look fine. Ghost Rider, if you consider him a headliner, looks fine too, both immediately recognizable and shockingly high quality. Over on Netflix, Daredevil's costumes ( both of them ) looked great, even the one that was "less faithful". Jessica Jones and Luke Cage both wore civie clothes, but the right type of civie clothes to match the comic character ( and with easter egg references to their more cheesy costume moments ).

Its not a matter of "costume or not" or "faithful or not", so much as "quality or not". None of the "DVD cover" characters on the other shows have been nearly as bad as this set, where the outfits just fail in terms of quality.

Rarely any jumpsuits apart from the select few. The agents on the show do more formal/casual wear and sometimes tactical. Ghost Rider's mask certainly goes the furthest to complete the look. Good riddance to the first DD get-up as being "faithful" wasn't the issue.

Yeah and I'm telling you this fits right at home with Marvel TV's "DVD cover" quality even if these are not seen as the once in a blue moon better than "fine" looks they've managed to pull off.

medusa looks fantastic there, black bolt.. not really XD

I must be alone in thinking that these don't look terrible. Could they be better? Absolutely. But I'm certainly not complaining. At least they have costumes *nudges Iron Fist* and they aren't all black *nudges early X-Men movies* or cheap leather *nudges Smallville*.

I'm not sure Serinda Swan was the best person to get for Medusa. She doesn't seem to look good with any of these hairstyles except her own normal one. And they've made her look so much older in this pic. Maybe they should have tested her with a wig when auditioning, as the visual is just as much a part of the process as the acting. But maybe Scott Buck didn't bother with that because visuals aren't that important to him.

I'm sorry but you people's obsession with how old Serinda Swan supposedly looks is getting kinda creepy. I mean, the guy playing Black Bolt is not exactly in his prime either, yet no one is singling him out for being too old. Medusa is the Inhumans' matriach, I don't see what's wrong with her looking a bit more mature.

That obviously doesn't change how crappy her outfit and wig are, though. :o

I'm sorry but you people's obsession with how old Serinda Swan supposedly looks is getting kinda creepy. I mean, the guy playing Black Bolt is not exactly in his prime either, yet no one is singling him out for being too old. Medusa is the Inhumans' matriach, I don't see what's wrong with her looking a bit more mature.

That obviously doesn't change how crappy her outfit and wig are, though. :o

That's because he IS that old. This isn't about ageism. It's about poor makeup.

Serinda Swan is a beautiful woman in her 30s and yet with the makeup, they've managed to make her look far older than she is, and it doesn't look flattering to her. Even her buzz cut under the wig doesn't look flattering either.

Either have Serinda look her age, or cast an older actress in the role, which is what I would've preferred in the first place.

imo, it's not poor makeup or serinda, it's EW. when was the last time they did a good phooshoot?
Even their promo covers for blockbusters make people look off.

I believe it's just someone with bad photoshop skills making a bad pic even worse.

The costume looked bad though. So Ew was responsible for the costume designs, making Gorgon look like so ordinary and Medusa's bad hair day?

That's because he IS that old. This isn't about ageism. It's about poor makeup.

Serinda Swan is a beautiful woman in her 30s and yet with the makeup, they've managed to make her look far older than she is, and it doesn't look flattering to her. Even her buzz cut under the wig doesn't look flattering either.

Either have Serinda look her age, or cast an older actress in the role, which is what I would've preferred in the first place.
Fair enough. I just don't think she looks any worse than the other people in the picture.

Her wig sure does though, and it deserves all the criticism that it's getting. Let's make sure this is the end of its acting career. :o

i am aware of how special you are, but just read.

So what did Ew Photoshop? Medusa's wig? The costumes? Gorgon's normal looking legs? And Since I am "special " please post those terrible Ew movie photoshoots you are referring at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"