Inhumans Inhuman Outfits

Medusa

C67P7huV0AAeGko.jpg

See that and Crystal look spot on. I really hope Black Bolt has his iconic mask. Even if they make it a helmet, it would be great!

OTBcHmk.png

I feel bummed we never got Triton in Avengers Alliance before the game ended.

Crystal and Medusa look much better than Blackbolt did in the set pics.

I'd rather see the white piping on BB's torso than the mask. Right now it just looks like a leftover X-men costume.

The Blackbolt we saw was just a stand-in anyway wasn't it?

Black bolt seems to be wearing the same thing we saw in the first photos and Medusa seems to be wearing a dress. They also seem to be at some type of ceremonial event or maybe they are revealing themselves to to the world for the first time? Either way, i believe this is their formal clothes as was suggested earlier and not their battle costumes. Just my 2 cents

I respect Jack Kirby a lot, but I always get the impression that he designed things with only one purpose: to look cool. Because of that, he never tried to figure out whether it made sense. I think this is most clear with the Inhumans. The Inhumans look like they have really cool superhero costumes. Which is great, except they aren't superheroes. Given that, the clothes themselves don't really make much sense. The most problematic are the masks. Medusa's mask might have made sense when she was part of the Frightful Four, but it doesn't make sense for Gorgon and Karnak to have masks. On the other hand, Black Bolt without his cowl and mask doesn't look like Black Bolt (seriously, that guy has hair?).

So how would you handle it? Marvel has been pretty faithful at adapting costumes. On the other hand, the most overtly cheesy one, Captain America, has always been a source of difficulty with them. They've either toned it down to make it look more real world (a la the WWII combat outfit) or they've deliberately subverted it by saying it was deliberately cheesy. Now it seems they've got a good compromise going. Here are my thoughts by character, but I'd like to see what others say:

Black Bolt - Without a doubt, Black Bolt presents the greatest challenge. My personal hope is they try to make him look more "royal." I was thinking they could take the glider wings he has and make it into more of a royal robe. This is a vague idea of what I'm talking about (only less dukeey), but not exactly. Essentially, have it cover the shoulders right where his jagged lines on his rib cage are and have it go in the back where it is in this picture. I would still have it double as a glider, I was just thinking of having it more formal. The antenna on his head is more difficult, though. I think it's been toned down over the years. I've thought about making it more of a crown, but I'm not sure (it has a practical effect of powering him, so I don't want to go too far). I don't really have any good ideas for it or the mask. I certainly don't want to see his hair.

Medusa - Medusa has had a number of different costumes over the years. I think all of them are fine, but I'm partial to this one:
Medusa%20Dress_zps7pykudrg.jpg

Note that it doesn't have the mask at all. That being said, the traditional costume is fine (maybe without the mask):
Medusa_zpslabkfxuh.jpg

Or she can wear more than one outfit like every other person in the world does ;)

Gorgon, Karnak, and Triton - I'm just going to address all three right here. Here is a modern take on them that I think works well:
Inhumans_zpsysagxusg.jpg
Note that it drops the masks and it drops Karnak's headgear. That being said, Karnak's headgear is fine with me.

Crystal is fine with me (as long as she's wearing clothes and not body paint as some seem to believe ;) ), as is Lockjaw.

What are your thoughts? I'm particularly interested in Black Bolt, who I think will be the most difficult to translate to the screen.

THEY ARE CALLED "INHUMANS"........

They are "strange" ......... they live isolated from us for centuries. I want their "look" and their manner to be as close to the comic book as possible! Especially BLACK BOLT!

Kirby knew what he was doing.....

This rendering can work......

17309875_1661073897243959_174932443731866216_n.jpg

I dont want the old black leather trench coat

THEY ARE CALLED "INHUMANS"........

They are "strange" ......... they live isolated from us for centuries. I want their "look" and their manner to be as close to the comic book as possible! Especially BLACK BOLT!

Kirby knew what he was doing.....

This rendering can work......

17309875_1661073897243959_174932443731866216_n.jpg

Instead though, we'll get Blackbolt in a business suit.

I don't particularly want body armor. Other than that, I tend to agree.

However, let's stop pretending a) the business suit is the only costume we've seen and b) that a business suit isn't drawn from the comics.

Crystal's costume and what we could see from Medusa shows they're not tracking crazy far from the comics.

Best Marvel costumes ever!

I think Idris Elba's gunslinger costume got sent to the wrong production.

Are you sure this is not from Star Trek?
It could be. Don't see what the hub-bub is about when people have seen plenty of scifi adventure shows and this fits right at home with those.

If anyone was expecting the Space GoT, that should've been checked at the announcement door.

It could be. Don't see what the hub-bub is about when people have seen plenty of scifi adventure shows and this fits right at home with those.

If anyone was expecting the Space GoT, that should've been checked at the announcement door.

If only it were budgeted and promoted like an average scifi adventure show, I suspect the disappointment would be much smaller, though some expectations are hard to shake with beloved characters from decades-old literature.

If only it were budgeted and promoted like an average scifi adventure show, I suspect the disappointment would be much smaller, though some expectations are hard to shake with beloved characters from decades-old literature.

Could care less what its budget is if you don't have the filmmakers to suggest more than that. The expectations are harder to shake when you know who's involved in spearheading this.

Last edited:
I'm guessing Blackbolt doesn't even have his arm wings. Not that it would make much difference at this point.

I hope ScarJo copies Medusa's hairstyle for Black Widow in a future movie. Mary Jane too. That ought to be the template for all red-haired women. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"