Internet Drama and the real world!

And the Catholics burned and executed Jews, homosexuals, non-believers, people who didn't pay their dues, people they believed were non-believers, people the believed were Jews, people they didn't like because they looked at members of the Church the wrong way, people who believed in science... this went on for a few centuries, I believe. They also started wars which toppled entire governments, allowing them to spread their influence throughout all of Europe. Somehow, I don't think Scientologists rank all that high on the "religious threat" list.

You seem to be mixing up the past with the present, friend.

Also, yeah, they don't think medication works. There are loads of cynics out there who aren't Scientologists who think the same thing..

*laughs*

FOr a board scientists your not following through on investigating much.
Xenu said:

Perhaps, as I have stated, I don't think it's that important to research the Scientology = bad. You miss the point. Is a "war" instigated by the same guys that brought you pedobear and hacked your myspace account, really the way to go? Is Scientology really a big world issue! I remember when students used to protest about equal rights, Vietnam etc. Now a few 40Kers have stopped playing to dress themselves as members of Al Qaeda and fight the power.... of Xenu!

The guy who started this crossover "War" meme is "lolzing" in his mums basement even as we speak!

You seem to be mixing up the past with the present, friend.

Or I'm using the past to show you that the most powerful religious organization in the world has more blood on its hands than some tiny religion that has magically come under fire from a bunch of internet hacks who think its worth starting a war over.

Should I start hating the modern day church for things that happened hundreds of years ago? Should a person turn a blind eye to the issues of Scientology, like you yourself are doing, simply because you'd like to take some sort of a defeatist attitude and say 'Well if we can't right the wrongs of a much bigger problem (in your opinion that would be the crimes committed by the Church of Christianity at various times throughout history) then why should we bother with addressing a growing concern that is happening now...."

Thanks for advice, I'll stick with mine.

Perhaps, as I have stated, I don't think it's that important to research the Scientology = bad. You miss the point. Is a "war" instigated by the same guys that brought you pedobear and hacked your myspace account, really the way to go? Is Scientology really a big world issue! I remember when students used to protest about equal rights, Vietnam etc. Now a few 40Kers have stopped playing to dress themselves as members of Al Qaeda and fight the power.... of Xenu!

The guy who started this crossover "War" meme is "lolzing" in his mums basement even as we speak!

The whole anonymous thing may have originally come from those places, but those places have since banned any talk of it, not to mention that the issue, and turnout, is bigger then those sites that originally spawned the Anonymous meme.

Besides, ends and means, the gain if this is successful is bigger then having lowered yourself to in some way associate with those people in the name of something positive, at least for normal people.

But since you've made it clear that you have no agenda in this other then to spit at those who you deem to be below you, I guess I'm wasting my time.

I find a bunch of people standing up for what they believe admirable.

Then you've wasted your time since I already know that and it's a totally irrelivent point to try and educate people on something as basic as that.

Should I start hating the modern day church for things taht happened hundreds of years ago? Should a person turna lind eye to the issues of Scientology, liek you yourself are doing, simply because you'd like to take some sort of a defeatist attitude and say 'Well if we can't right the wrongs of a much bigger problem (in your opiniont aht would be the crimes commited by the Church of Christianity at various times throughout history) then why should we bother with addressign a growing concern that is happening now...."

Thanks for advice, I'll stick with mine.

Yeah, you're addressing a growing concern that posses a real threat to the world. While you're at it, why don't you address the dangers of Crocs, and how Croc-makers are involved in an international conspiracy to mutilate the products' wearers on mall and subway escalators? Why don't you address J.K. Rowling's intent to convert all of her Christian readers into Satan-worshiping witches and wizards with her 'Harry Potter' books? Or how about the scary and all to close to home conspiracy by CVS stores to sell products which coincide with an upcoming holiday?

It's a pointless battle, and frankly, I have no idea why you're fighting it in the first place. Is it because Tom Cruise jumped up and down on a couch on national television? Is it because the oh-so-frightening Tom Cruise admitted he didn't like psychological medication? Maybe it's because his movie did better at the box office than Batman Begins? Or is it simply because he still makes hundreds of millions of dollars a year, despite belonging to a cooky religious organization you think is a fundamental threat to the world?

Like Whirly said, you're going off on some religious institution, when you can be doing something of merit, such as fighting AIDS or speaking out against war and genocide. Instead, you're fighting the great war against Scientology, the great war few media outlets are covering, and the great war no one gives a damn about.

Good point. I also find it funny that if this is not important at all why bother making a thread about it in the first place? Clearly its got people thinking about something so maybe in that way its not quite as pointless as some people have made it out to be.

jmanspice
I think the point is this.
You dont agree.

Many others....
See a problem, Scientology NOW (not hundreds of years ago) are doing some very shady and in some spots blatantly illegal things. But since the money they raise goto a legal team that puts OJ's team to shame.

It comes down to also, death, documented deaths involving the deaths of many in their fold. Yes it could be said, many religions may have something that might cause death.

But do they charge you 100,000 to "be a higher member"?

Lets not get out of hand here...

*cringes slightlly*

*Thinks about possible response and goes with*

So, Al Qaeda are admirable Malice?
realises metaphor is ludicrous, but, i'm doing it for the "lulz" (irony?)

Whats more ironic is if its not important at all why bother making a thread in the first place. Clearly its got people thinking about something so maybe in that way its not quite as pointless as some people have made it out to be.

I find this frankly, a new era of information and discimination of that info.
Groups using the internete for more than games and social chat.

Groups trying to get real change put out, and its not government sponsored.
That to me is the interesting part of it.

*cringes slightlly*

*Thinks about possible response and goes with*

So, Al Qaeda are admirable Malice?
realises metaphor is ludicrous, but, i'm doing it for the "lulz" (irony?)

I despise Al Qaeda, they kill...but hell...they are motivated too and I cannot deny that is admirable...
I am sure someone will take the above statement the wrong way...

Groups trying to get real change put out, and its not government sponsored.
That to me is the interesting part of it.

You know it's not Government sponsored, how? Anyone could have started this meme. It takes some skill to hack the COS.

Honestly, I am too tired to debate...
Enjoy.

jmanspice
I think the point is this.
You dont agree.

Many others....
See a problem, Scientology NOW (not hundreds of years ago) are doing some very shady and in some spots blatantly illegal things. But since the money they raise goto a legal team that puts OJ's team to shame.

It comes down to also, death, documented deaths involving the deaths of many in their fold. Yes it could be said, many religions may have something that might cause death.

But do they charge you 100,000 to "be a higher member"?

Lets not get out of hand here...

I don't think the people going after Scientologists are actually going after them because of the reasons you listed above. They're going after the church because they don't agree with its principles. They think it's 'stupid' someone believes an alien created the universe or that our souls are just alien ghosts. Furthermore, they're going after practicing members who have nothing to do with these 'higher members' and claiming they're just as guilty as those who do the brainwashing and mystery killings.

I think Scientology is a phony, stupid religion, and that those who follow it live in some sort of fantasy land different from the real world. But I find it a bit outrageous to deem Scientologists the number one threat facing mankind, when there are terrorist organizations, dictators and tyrants out there who have more influence in the world and have indicated their intentions to wreak actual havoc on civilized society. I find this whole assault on the church childish, and probably one of the biggest non-issues presented on the world as of late.

I don't think the people going after Scientologists are actually going after them because of the reasons you listed above. They're going after the church because they don't agree with its principles. They think it's 'stupid' someone believes an alien created the universe or that our souls are just alien ghosts. Furthermore, they're going after practicing members who have nothing to do with these 'higher members' and claiming they're just as guilty as those who do the brainwashing and mystery killings.

I think Scientology is a phony, stupid religion, and that those who follow it live in some sort of fantasy land different from the real world. But I find it a bit outrageous to deem Scientologists the number one threat facing mankind, when there are terrorist organizations, dictators and tyrants out there who have more influence in the world and have indicated their intentions to wreak actual havoc on civilized society. I find this whole assault on the church childish, and probably one of the biggest non-issues presented on the world as of late.

Once again, I agree totally!

I despise Al Qaeda, they kill...but hell...they are motivated too and I cannot deny that is admirable...
I am sure someone will take the above statement the wrong way...
Bill Maher lost his job for saying that.

I think that if people want to protest Scientology, it's fine. A waste of time to me but hey it's not my time. Personally I just don't care about it because they will never hold enough power for the majority of people who live in this country to worry about. They never will, it will never get that far. Are they a cult, religion whatever, those questions don't really matter. They are a bunch of people who follow a belief of something, call it whatever you want.

But realistically, their threat is insignificant compared to other religions. I'm not talking about hating religion for things that happened hundred of years ago, I'm talking about right now, today. From the Catholic Church basically protecting and relocating criminals to this day around the country destroying tens of thousands of lives to religion infiltrating our LIVES whether we believe in it or not through our government and our "leaders" we appoint. THAT is what is never going to get better. I'll go as far to say it's already too late to fix it or turn it around, at least in our lifetime. Their power dwarfs that of scientology's. What scientology does is child's play compared to how religion is controlling our government and in effect, the way people live their lives whether they believe in it or not. There are probably more people now that fight against it and it still likely won't make a bit of difference.

I think that if people want to protest Scientology, it's fine. A waste of time to me but hey it's not my time. Personally I just don't care about it because they will never hold enough power for the majority of people who live in this country to worry about. They never will, it will never get that far. Are they a cult, religion whatever, those questions don't really matter. They are a bunch of people who follow a belief of something, call it whatever you want.

But realistically, their threat is insignificant compared to other religions. I'm not talking about hating religion for things that happened hundred of years ago, I'm talking about right now, today. From the Catholic Church basically protecting and relocating criminals to this day around the country destroying tens of thousands of lives to religion infiltrating our LIVES whether we believe in it or not through our government and our "leaders" we appoint. THAT is what is never going to get better. I'll go as far to say it's already too late to fix it or turn it around, at least in our lifetime. Their power dwarfs that of scientology's. What scientology does is child's play compared to how religion is controlling our government and in effect, the way people live their lives whether they believe in it or not. There are probably more people now that fight against it and it still likely won't make a bit of difference.

All true!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"