Iron Man 2 Iron Man armor - Official Discussion Thread

^For his particular vision of Iron Man, yeah maybe. Don't bet against it being used some time in the future by another director who has a different vision, though.

Dude, Extremis is badass, far-fetched or not. That whole story-line could be made into a movie. THe villain was just siiickkk. I don't think it should come right after the 2nd movie, but possibly in the 4th or 5th. I mean... once he gets really established, seeing him risk everything with the extremis procedure would be gut wrenching.

^I agree. Mallen has been one of the more psychologically/emotionally plausable villains in recent years. But by the time we get to IM4 and beyond we'll likely have a whole new cast & crew doing the films.

Last edited:
I think that the extremis suit isnt so far fetched. The way he suits up can be explained with a magnetic field. They can leave the memory cloth type metal parts and the undersheath that is stored into his bones out though. They can also leave the healing factor out, but on the other hand i can see the techno controling powers easily. Tony installs a chip in his brain. Easy as pie.

Out of all this i would definitely leave the healing factor and bones thing out. The former is just so not Ironman and the latter is just disgusting.

As for the villain, well how long are they gonna rely on armoured villains that steal Tony's tech? Its the second movie that follows this motif, so i say **** it and bring us the Mandarin or the Hulk or something. That wacko from Extremis was just a punk with superpowers. Forgetable and lame.

I've seen opinions strewn throughout this forum, so here's an official place to post what suits you'd like to see. Post pics and give examples of what you want them to do. I'll start with some concepts that I think are great:

philsaundersironman.jpg

And another War Machine I like:
I was just about to post that my aesthetics have been influenced a lot by the Bayformers lately and that i would like to see an Ironman suit like that. This stealth suit looks messy and angular like the Bayformers and its generally badass.
Also, lol at the helmet of the diving suit. Its like a fat guy's neck.

I never really read the Iron Man comic books, so can someone explain the Extremis suit to me please?

I want Favs to stay the hell away from anything Michael Bay/Transformers-like. This is supposed to be an awesome film, not a ******-a-thon.

Favs is better than that. :hehe:

I bet, if in some weird/good twist of fate Favs took over Transformers, I wonder how good it would have been. Oh well.

^It's got to be a good premise in the first place. TF never really was.

Yeah, ever since I saw TF2. Just waiting for Public Enemies now to sorta do the cinematic version of gargling so I can get that bad taste out of my mouth.

i only say the extremeis suit is far fetched because of the bone marrow thing.

here you go shadow.

extremis-armor.jpg

Designer:
Tony Stark

Worn by: Tony Stark
Appreared: Iron Man vol. 4 #5
[SIZE=+2]Design Notes :[/SIZE]

Extremis Techno-Organic Virus: [SIZE=-1]After being critically injured during a battle with the Extremis-enhanced Mallen, Stark injected his nervous system with a modified version of the techno-organic virus to save his own life. This fused Stark's armor to his body, allowing him to store the inner layers of the Iron Man armor in the hollows of his bones as well as control it through direct brain impulses. He is also able to remotely connect to external communications systems such as satellites, cellular phones, and computers throughout the world. Because the armor's operating system is now directly connected to Stark's nervous system, its response time has been significantly improved. The Extremis armor grants him superhuman speed reactions and a healing factor able to regenerate entire organs.[/SIZE]

Shell Composition: [SIZE=-1]Collapsible; vectored repulsor fields cause the memory metal design to tessellate. Stark's body produces an undersheath that is contained in his bone marrow.[/SIZE]

Power Source and Energy Information: [SIZE=-1]Beta Particle Generator and Solar power converters, Thermocouple.
[/SIZE]

Control Systems Interface: [SIZE=-1]Extremis enhanced cybernetic Interface and Battle Computer.[/SIZE]
Weaponry:

[SIZE=-1]*Repulsors: Laser-guided particle beam emission units mounted in the palm of each hand. Can also generate a 360-degree “Full Form” blast. [/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]*Unibeam: Multi-band light and force beam emitter. Can be adjusted for a variety of effects such as search light, heat beams, tractor beam, and lasers.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]*Pulse Bolts.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]*Mini-Explosives: Small, but powerful explosive rounds fired from the gauntlets.[/SIZE]
Equipment:

[SIZE=-1]*Deflectors: By expanding the field that keeps the armor rigid, the armor can encase itself in a protective force field that is effective against most forms of attack. He can also use this field to polarize the armor to either attract or repulse other items of magnetic polarity. The armor can temporarily surround itself with a force field that greatly increases its protection from attacks. While the force field is engaged, the armor is unable to use any other systems.[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]*Sonic Array: Temporarily knocks out anyone with in range.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]*Boot Jets (Mark 5) / Repulsor Flight System: High-speed triple source gyro-stabilized turbines. Combined propulsion system is capable of speeds approaching mach 9.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]*Holographic Projector:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]*Regenerative Systems: Repair damage to armor and wearer.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]*Phera-Sense: Neural net replicates Spider-Man’s spider sense and provides an early warning detection system.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]*Cloaking or Chameleon Effect (disabled when Iron Man fires): Gives the armor the illusion of invisibility. Cloaking utilizes a great deal of energy and can only be utilized when the armor is not in combat or is not performing other strenuous activities.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]*Energy Absorber: External converter that transforms a variety of energy forms into usable power for the armor. The absorber allows Iron Man to focus energy blasts through Iron Man's unibeam.[/SIZE]

I want Favs to stay the hell away from anything Michael Bay/Transformers-like. This is supposed to be an awesome film, not a ******-a-thon.
I meant that i wouldnt mind seeing a suit inspired from the bayformers. My aesthetics are really influenced by them right now. But i love the mark III anyway.
I never really read the Iron Man comic books, so can someone explain the Extremis suit to me please?
Here:
This is Tony suiting up. The golden under-sheath is stored in his ****ing bones! Damn straight! Take that Flash! It somehow retracts through those pores and is stored in the hollow (where does he put his marrow?) interior of his bones. The suit as i mentioned above can turn soft when he is not using it, and so its easy to fold into a briefcase!
After the Extremis arc Stark was also able to telepathetically operate everything that carried a microchip. Basically, the inner parts of the suit -the undersheath- are fused to his nervous system so that is why he is able to do this. That basically means that the suit responds faster to his commands and through it, Tony can access anything with wires. He can even multitask and fly his spare suits along with him as reinforcements. And since its Stark we are talking about, he once even accessed and reprogrammed all the software of a satellite with his mind! He also got a healing factor second only to Wolverine's.

During the "Civil War", he studies Spiderman and he somehow gives his suit a precognitive sense like his. After all this hax, the writers decided that IM had become too hax and they took away his healing factor and the techno-telepathy of his during the "Secret Invasion" (though i am not so sure about this last bit cause Secret Invasion was too crap for me to bother with). Anyway, here its Tony suiting up in the Extremis suit. Its ****ing cool if you ask me.
Extremis.jpg

I would love to see the Extremis suit and way of suiting up. Although its totally implausible, its just too cool to care for physics, and besides it could be explained with a magnetic field or something. Imagine a big magnetic field with holograms and stuff that calculates the position of Stark's body and attaches the pieces. Maybe the holograms could be like DaVinci's man in the circle (Stark is the DaVinci of our time...). But i would leave the
1) bone marrow thing
2) "memory cloth" metal
3) regenerative factor
out of the movie. Besides, tony can increase the suit's response times by installing a chip in his brain, or by fitting the suit with a device that reads his brain neuron impulses. The latter actually exists.

Last edited:
camp blood you got me! Heh, i had posted this in the "suiting up" thread so i did some copypasta. Dude, nice encyclopedia, but what the hell is this:
[SIZE=-1]*Repulsors: Laser-guided particle beam emission units mounted in the palm of each hand. Can also generate a 360-degree “Full Form” blast.[/SIZE]
How does he do this?
[SIZE=-1]*Regenerative Systems: Repair damage to armor and wearer.[/SIZE]
Oh yeah, and i forgot about this part of the hax. The suit can repair itself! Dayum!

All in all, the extremis suit has more powers than superman! Too damn hax.

Last edited:
i got that info from a website. the only real thing i knew about extremeis was the bone marrow and healing factor

i got that info from a website. the only real thing i knew about extremeis was the bone marrow and healing factor
You guys should read the story. Its a good read and if i remember correctly, Granov did the art. Granov is a god when it comes to armours!!!

Wow. And here I thought it was just a different type of armor. Thanks for the info.

if they ever do an army extremeis. then i would want it to be placed in the near future, lets say 2025. and just have the extremeis virus de-age tony into 2009 version since he has the new healing factor

To be fair... he does seem to be wearing a similar blue sheath when he suits up for his first mission in the movie. That's as close to Extremis we will ever get and thank god for that!

yeah but i think some people want the armor flying around telepathically. i dont want that but i do want armor assembly to be more streamlined . and i would like to see the armor to be easier to get out of

PS is phils deep diving suit supposed to have 3 repulsors on each arm

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"