Iron Man Iron Man: Video Game *Update*

Sorry, I don't mean anything personal and I don't think I bash the Wii all the time. The Wii has some brilliant games - Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Mario Galaxy, Zelda etc. but games that are ported and developped mainly with next gen in mind, like Iron Man, really become an after thought and don't do the Wii justice at all imo.

I admit I'm a bit of a graphics ****e and therefore am quite biased when it comes to my 360/next gen systems but tbh it just annoys me to see the Wii getting screwed so often because of lack of effort put into the ported games.
I agree, but I don't like being kicked while I'm down. Why does the Wii get the crap versions of these games?

I agree, but I don't like being kicked while I'm down. Why does the Wii get the crap versions of these games?

As a Wii owner, I'm also pissed that we are treated like second-class citizens by those 3rd parties. Despite the fact that Wii is outselling 360 and PS3, Wii always get PS2 ports and lack any exclusives. Of course, Nintendo doesn't help us much by refusing to have alternative Wii that has HD (which would make DLC possible), or tighten their quality-control policies so we don't get bombarded with many stupid titles like Far Cry which don't worth $20 let alone $50. Anyway...

/rant

just noticed that IGN gave the 360 / PS3 version a score of 3.8 !

And, the PS2 version got a 5!

is the game really that bad?

How on earth did the ps2 version do better than the next gen versions? The ps2 version is so dumbed down!

As a Wii owner, I'm also pissed that we are treated like second-class citizens by those 3rd parties. Despite the fact that Wii is outselling 360 and PS3, Wii always get PS2 ports and lack any exclusives.
Because the Wii is graphically incapable of delivering the same game that the 360 and PS3 can.

But you're not missing much. The game sucks. The mission objectives are really vague. I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing on the "Save Pepper" mission.

with iron monger, that was a little hard to understand... someone asked "how can i defeat him"...

His suit is like your own. You have 4 lives (normal mode) and so does he... however, when he can no longer fly, you have to fly up to him and hold B (you can't just walk up to him and do it, plus hes shooting at you like crazy, so fly and dodge)

Save pepper isn't that hard to understand. You have to defend the reactor. I believe its AIM... not possitive on who they are actually. They attack the reactor, then after defeating the targets, missles are being shot at to the reactor... Iron Man pretty much auto targets the missles as you shoot at them. Then the enemies attack the towers... after you defend the 4 towers and the reactor, they all leave and massive ammount of missles come out from all directions

its a rough lvl... but not imppossible.. may take a few tries, but how can you say a challenging game sucks? I beat this lvl without lossing a tower and yeah its hard... but thats why i've been saying its easy but challenging at times.. so you're not just wiss'n through the game

Finally i defeat Iron Monger about ****ing time now im gonna play over the game so i can defeat it on normal XD

So it sucks huh?, looking forward to the TIH game, that one looks fun.

but how can you say a challenging game sucks?
Just because a game's challenging doesn't mean it's good. It's one of the most repetitive games I have ever played. IGN gave it a 3.5, saying that "games like this drive Tony Stark to drink." I'd have to agree with them. This game is awful.

One of the main complaints is the controls and their difficulty, but once you get used to the controls the game is fine and it is fun imo.

Also another complaint is how hard Normal level is. This is true but you DO have the option of playing on Easy, which is still tricky but more playable.

As far as the game being repetitive, well that can be said for most games really! TIH game will no doubt be just as repetitive!

OK... Where are the cheat codes??? I want ALL the suits!! I got the PS3 version, far from perfect but I'm enjoying it. The suits look really good at least...

batman begins? THAT was repetitive.. this game is NOT repetivite.. what? you fly/walk around a lvl and you cvan melee or shoot things? Sounds like most games out there. Each enhancment makes the suit different... which kills the repetitivness.

Not trying to say this is the BEST game ever... but i found it to be really fun.

When i said, "how can you say something challenging sucks" was a response to your comment. You said its challenging so it sucks. I find that a game you have to work at makes it more fun. Because your repeating yourself, you can't beat it. Try something different... oh wait... i just described a game thats NOT repetitive... a game that you have to try different things to complete.

If you're going to say "you just fly and shoot"... you're wrong. Theres other things that make it different.

And if you're using that as a way to say its repetitive... well i'm sure you can say that about all games.

As theres different comments on this game, i guess everyone would have to try it out and say what they'd like.

I'm not being onesided because i don't care for the Iron Man comics. I didn't care for the old cartoon... and i didn't have any good expectations for this game. It surprised me with alot.

... but batman begins? That game was *****!

The only and main complaint about this is what IGN pretty much said, too much crap going on at once. There's just no way to block the endless missles coming at you, I'm currently stuck in the artic level and I'm about to restart the game on easy. :cmad::cmad:

But the game has beautiful graphics and the controls are good.

iron stock.. which of the artic lvls? i can help out... or storm... whoever gets back to the forums first

The first one, with the Tatiana Lazer, the one minute time limit they give you to blow it up is just ridiculous, especially when you've got endless missles coming at you, I end up fighting Titanium Man with one restart bar :cmad:. TM and the endless baddies and thier endless missles take me out pretty quickly.

Everything before that is no problem, should I just let Tatiana blow up the reactor? or could I blow up Tatiana from a distance? I'm usually behind and right under the lazer when I'm trying to destroy it.

If you're going to say "you just fly and shoot"... you're wrong. Theres other things that make it different.

Yeah, one of the things that makes it different is that there's endless amounts of missiles being shot at you while you try to complete the mission. It's annoying as hell.

... but batman begins? That game was *****!

"Batman Begins" is ten times the game that "Iron Man" is, and the "Begins" game was mediocre as hell.

The only good things about "Iron Man" are its graphics and Tony's one-liners.

can somebody tell me what the hell i have to do to free pepper on the last level of the ps2 game?.. she's trapped in the lab and tanks and soldiers and all the rest are shooting at that building... i try my best to destroy everything that shoots but they keep coming back and she always dies... what the fu** do i have to do to save her and complete this crappy game once and for all? ..please tell me.

The first one, with the Tatiana Lazer, the one minute time limit they give you to blow it up is just ridiculous, especially when you've got endless missles coming at you, I end up fighting Titanium Man with one restart bar :cmad:. TM and the endless baddies and thier endless missles take me out pretty quickly.

Everything before that is no problem, should I just let Tatiana blow up the reactor? or could I blow up Tatiana from a distance? I'm usually behind and right under the lazer when I'm trying to destroy it.

taking you to the point where titanium introduces the laser, go straight to the closest generator. Hide behind the wall so that when the laser fires, you're not being hit. The baddies around here can be taken out when the generator isn't shooting. You can get this done with one pop up of the generator using your missles, repulsors, and unibeam. use the uni beam first so that you can regain control to move when the laser fires. With each building theres a little crack you can hide and shoot between if you rather take your time slow and not risk getting shot. But be sure you're not lined up with the laser.

When your done, wait till the laser fires again, then speed to the other generator nearby and hide as the laser should be firinging at that point. Kill baddies around, and use the same technique.

After that, go between the mountins (between the two closest generators and under the bridges... the laser can't hit you down there.

Once you get to the last one and defeat it, you're free to fly to the laser. Once you're close, route your energy to your weapons. I suggest you attack the baddies that have jet packs, and the helicoptors (or one of them). Use the uni beam and repulors and missles.

You don't have to stop the laser, but you get more funds for doing so.

Once you start to fight Titanium, i suggest LOTS of hiding behind the smoke stacks... Attack the 3 jet pack guys because they can kill you as you're trying to dodge titanium. Dont forget to use all your weapon systems when fighting him because you can defeat him before he needs to recharge.

BTW EVERYONE i 100% comlpeted the game, all acheviments and what nots :)

^^ Thanks for the advice, I'll try that today when I play the game.

Y'know, I'm a Wii guy like you, but it amuses me to see that according to IGN, we've actually got the BETTER version of the Iron Man game since, as always they took out things, but in this case apparantly took out the stupidly frustrating ones. :woot:

Ok, so...i liked batman begins, but hated superman returns... SR was the definition of repetitiveness......ya......but anyways, is this repetitive like SR? because i did not thing BB was rep...you know.

i guess its all about what you think is repetitive... some here will say it is but will defend Batman Begins which i felt was really repetitive... where i think Iron man isn't and some people say it is.

The baddies in SR were repetitive... not like this. Its not that kind of free roam. Its not one big city... its lvl based. So the enemies differ in each lvl.

If you have 360, DL the demo

i bought the game today and it cool so far just having a little fun at the escaping part this game is awesome

oh and off-topic- what are iron man boots jets made out of?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"