Ironheart movie in development?

If we've learned one thing from the MCU, it's that they like to please the fans. We also know that they don't directly follow the comics, and that they work with what they have, or they enable things to work thus contributing more to the plot (such as Vision with the Mind Stone).

If Shuri does become [a version of] Ironheart, I'd imagine Kevin Feige would have the character her own thing; maybe an Ironman inspired suit, but of Wakandan design and feature; maybe something of a mix between boosters and shields, but more agile (as the BP suit is).

Think a purple ironman suit that's more flexible. :cwink:
I would like that!

If they did it, I'd say they need to age her up from 15 to say 20-22 and alter her backstory slightly.

She applied to MIT at 17 got in but couldn't afford tuition, so she she enlisted in the military to get out of Chicago. Upon deployment she sees action and gets injured/shot. Takes an honorable discharge or shifts to reserves and uses the GI bill to pay for MIT. In fact she's there when Tony fully funded research programs in Civil War.

She's doing research to help soldiers and create a different Iron Man style suit / exoskeleton for regular infantry use. She gets word of some issue back home modifies her suit and flies back to Chicago to deal with it because the Avengers save the world not neighborhoods. She uses the Iron Man colors to try and scare the thugs into believing it's actually Iron Man. Rhodey intervenes after seeing the news showing a stand-off and someone in a suit and takes her to Tony.
kind of like a corollary to Killmonger? I can dig it but we're kind of heavy on black characters who are or were part of the US military

kind of like a corollary to Killmonger? I can dig it but we're kind of heavy on black characters who are or were part of the US military

I can understand your point. Falcon, Rhodey, Kilmonger.

So how about this:

Still 20-22.

Father was a cop shot in the line of duty when she was a girl. Mother works a few jobs to get her out of Chicago. She gets a scholarship to cover some of tuition, suffers with loans, and mom chips in where she can but still lives in a bad neighborhood.

Riri's doing research to help adapt pieces of Iron-man tech for police use, defense, and non-lethal means of capturing suspects. She gets word of some issue back home modifies her suit and flies back to Chicago to deal with it because the Avengers save the world not neighborhoods. She uses the Iron Man colors to try and scare the thugs into believing it's actually Iron Man. Rhodey intervenes after seeing the news showing a stand-off and someone in a suit and takes her to Tony

Still feel like she needs a reason to want to get involved in a project like this. Father or mother being a cop may be the right connection.

An update: http://****************.com/movies/..._medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_3227508

Basically, Marvel Comics just announced they'll be "bringing Ironheart into the spotlight" in a new comic run. (I guess she's just been a guest star in her other appearances as opposed to the headline character; still don't know how comics work...) May or may not be a move to stir interest again for her as an MCU Phase 4 (and/or beyond) figure.

Last edited:
I do not like Riri Williams, and I don't want this movie but, if they do this there is no one else who should play her other than Skai Jackson who Riri was based off of.

tumblr_inline_p8fat7A2Vi1r3va93_500.jpg

I would definitely watch Shuri as IronHeart but it does feel weird that a great character like that would just follow in Tony’s footsteps

I'm getting a little tired of Tony being the end all be all for the MCU anyway. We don't need another Homecoming.

If you absolutely had to introduce a young female diverse Iron Man replacement in the MCU it should be Toni Ho anyway. She's a better character who's more diverse and since she's the daughter of renowned scientist Ho Yinsen who gave his life for Tony Stark in the MCU, she has much more of a reason to become Tony's replacement than Riri who became Ironheart by stealing parts from MIT just to prove a point to the world.

toni-ho.jpg

Her and Dick Ryder would form Team Unfortunate Names.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"