Is anyone just sick of Wolverine?

The difference is Iron Man is involved in everyone's business as a legitimate consequence of in-story developments. He shows up in Spider-Man cause he's got **** he needs to settle with Spider-Man, he shows up in Thor because he had **** he needed to settle with Thor, he shows up everywhere else because he's the head of Shield and the figurehead for the whole SHRA/Initiative thing that for better or worse basically defines Marvel's current status quo.

Whereas Wolverine just gets thrown into whichever random comic because what the ****, Kids Love Wolverine!

Creators also love Wolverine. That probably has something to do with it, too. Hell, if I were writing for Marvel, Beta Ray Bill, Thor, the Black Knight, and the Vision would be the new Wolverines.

The difference is Iron Man has legitimate in-story reasons for being involved in everyone's business as a result of in-universe developments. He shows up in Spider-Man cause he's got **** he needs to settle with Spider-Man, he shows up in Thor because he had **** he needed to settle with Thor, he shows up everywhere else because he's the head of Shield and the figurehead for the whole SHRA/Initiative thing that for better or worse basically defines Marvel's current status quo.

Whereas Wolverine just gets thrown into whichever random comic because what the ****, Kids Love Wolverine!

Superman has just as much reason and ability to show up in all the books that he does, if not more. But if he showed up as much as Iron Man did, people would be annoyed, and with good reason.

It is like, X-23 has a very good, in-character reason for having zero personality besides hacking stuff and grumbling. That doesn't mean I have to like the character, though. Having a reason for something that is annoying doesn't mean I can't call it as annoying. Same as for Iron Man's appearances. I don't give a damn if he becomes The One Above All. Showing up 15+ times a month is annoying, and apparently only Wolverine gets deserved heat for it.

Creators also love Wolverine. That probably has something to do with it, too. Hell, if I were writing for Marvel, Beta Ray Bill, Thor, the Black Knight, and the Vision would be the new Wolverines.

Fair enough.

wolverine is one of the hardest working heroes out there and this is the treatment he gets. its not easy showing up in twenty titles a month , bub

Superman has just as much reason and ability to show up in all the books that he does, if not more. But if he showed up as much as Iron Man did, people would be annoyed, and with good reason.

It is like, X-23 has a very good, in-character reason for having zero personality besides hacking stuff and grumbling. That doesn't mean I have to like the character, though. Having a reason for something that is annoying doesn't mean I can't call it as annoying. Same as for Iron Man's appearances. I don't give a damn if he becomes The One Above All. Showing up 15+ times a month is annoying, and apparently only Wolverine gets deserved heat for it.

Fair enough.

Blame Editorial for not pushing that. Even though he does show up in plenty of books. Showed up in Checkmate, and you know what? It made perfect sense for him to do so. Just like it makes perfect sense for Iron Man to show up in the books he does.

No. That would be considered pedophilia for some, Statutory for the ones that are just old enough for Jail Bait status.

Even f**king Power Pack. :up:
impack001.gif

I really hate it when artists cut corners on Tony's goatee. He's got a full goatee with 'stache. Geez.

To answer the main poster, I will always be a Wolverine fanboy, but I know a crap story when I see one.

When written correctly, Logan is an AWESOME character. Go back and read Byrne and Adams drawn Wolverine stories, or the Miller mini. PERFECT Logan.

Kind of sad that you have to go back 20 years or more for examples. Have you not liked any of Wolverine's more recent stuff?

OMG I did, didn't I.

Okay, loved Enemy of the State, and I'm currently digging X-Force. Magus and Bastion FTW!

Has Angel shown up in X-Force yet? What's his deal there? He seems very out of place among the Claw Corps (I just made that up :)).

Well, the pics certainly make it look like Archangel with metal wings will be back, which is A-OK by me. That's the most interesting thing to EVER happen to Warren. His fight with Sabertooth back then was awesomeness.

So he hasn't actually appeared yet. Damn, I was hoping for some answers about what his deal is.

Well, the pics certainly make it look like Archangel with metal wings will be back, which is A-OK by me. That's the most interesting thing to EVER happen to Warren. His fight with Sabertooth back then was awesomeness.

What you didn't like the magic healing blood or creepy relationship with Husk :rolleyes:;)

Don't forget his random acquisition of Exiles-Magik's Soulsword and Kia Asamiya's dominatrix costume. :down

Or the fact that he has wings and flies.

Unlike the 9,000 other heroes who fly. Whoopie.

Warren's appeal for me was his interaction with other characters. Put him, Iceman, and Beast in a room and you've got some good times. Only not as much now, since Iceman's all mature and Beast can't crack a joke to save his life anymore. Another thing that the old Avengers comics I'm reading are making me miss: Beast's sense of humor.

Well, the current Beast may be a Skrull.

Wouldn't make any sense. Sage boosted his mutation, and if he was a skrull...

ah hell, never mind...Bendis never bothered to read that stuff, who am I kidding?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"