Is anyone just sick of Wolverine?

Jason Aaron's Get Mystique arc kicked ass.Mean while somehow Wolverine origins is still going.It's all about the creative team.

Blame Editorial for not pushing that. Even though he does show up in plenty of books. Showed up in Checkmate, and you know what? It made perfect sense for him to do so. Just like it makes perfect sense for Iron Man to show up in the books he does.

But, see, if I was a DC fan, I would get pissed off seeing Superman all over the place, no matter what I read, and nobody caring about it.

Except Wolverine deserves the heat for it because he has no reason to show up in any of the places he does yet he still does, and Tony doesn't deserve said heat cause he's been put in a role that makes him deeply involved in the MU's major goings-on.

Also Tony's been showing up more since like last february? Whereas Wolverine's been doing the same thing for fifteen years.

These are not-insubstantial contributing factors for why people would be more likely to be annoyed with Wolverine than with Tony.

It just seems like Wolverine is Bush. Bashing him is easy. Even if he deserves it. I just see Iron Man getting a pass at the same schtick that people tear into Wolverine or Spider-Man or so on for doing. Nobody can be in two places at once, yet Iron Man always is.

Except Superman, of course. He could probably prevent one crime or save one life in every state and country every day, if not more. He could be blazing through every superhero city and helping everyone beat down their villains. Easy. Say he has the best reason in the world; wanting to be serious about crime fighting. He travels nearly at the speed of light, and how much time does he honestly need to pleasure Lois or write an article? He has the perfect reason to appear in every single damned DC comic book like Iron Man is doing at Marvel. And if that were happening, even if ALAN MOORE HIMSELF were writing it, more people would **** than they are doing about Iron Man. All I see is hypocrisy and I dislike it.

When Wolverine is overused, it is annoying. Same with Spider-Man, and same with Iron Man. That's just how I feel.

Except Superman, of course. He could probably prevent one crime or save one life in every state and country every day, if not more. He could be blazing through every superhero city and helping everyone beat down their villains. Easy. Say he has the best reason in the world; wanting to be serious about crime fighting. He travels nearly at the speed of light, and how much time does he honestly need to pleasure Lois or write an article? He has the perfect reason to appear in every single damned DC comic book like Iron Man is doing at Marvel.

:whatever:

Except for the dozens of reasons he doesn't do that as depicted in hundreds of DC comics across the course of history. We just covered this **** in the DC forum like a week ago.

When Wolverine is overused, it is annoying. Same with Spider-Man, and same with Iron Man. That's just how I feel.

Except that Iron Man's not overused; he's used entirely adequate for and commesurate with with the current storytelling direction of the Marvel Universe and his role therein. If they're shoving Tony into every random comic 15 years from now for the pure hell of Iron Man's face on a comic moves units of product than we can talk. Maybe you feel like ranking all characters on an absolute scale of annoyance as measured in appearances per quarter and that's your business but don't fling stupid-ass accusations of hypocrisy at people who feel like judging **** in terms of the actual story being told.

:whatever:

Except for the dozens of reasons he doesn't do that as depicted in hundreds of DC comics across the course of history. We just covered this tired-ass **** in the DC forum like a week ago.

Oh, I don't mean like Superman "taking over" stuff. I mean like zipping around and being in more team-ups. Like it would be much for him to fly by Central City to help the Flash once a day, or Gotham for Batman, or so on. Not him being a slaughtering ubermench. But it would get annoying.

Except that Iron Man's not overused; he's used entirely adequate for and commesurate with with the current storytelling direction of the Marvel Universe and his role therein. If you "feel" like ranking all characters on an absolute scale of annoyance as measured in appearances per quarter that's fine but don't fling stupid-ass accusations of hypocrisy at people who prefer to judge **** in terms of the actual story being told.

Please. If Wolverine were head of SHIELD because Nick Fury tapped him, everyone would be calling it on what BS is was and how overused he is. And they'd be right. I'd be right there screaming with them.

But because it is Iron Man, someone who wasn't overexposed as much during the late 80's and 90's, there is a feeling that he is "due", and everyone looks away. Just because Iron Man is director of SHIELD doesn't mean he has to appear in half all the 616 Marvel comics that ships in a month. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing.

another theory is that wolverine has become to much of a mainstream character, die hard fanboy love a character when they think they're the only ones in the know about it, once joe q public become fans, fanboys turn and moan

That might make sense if those same people had a problem with Spider-Man (other than OMD, 'cause that's a whole other can of worms), Superman, Batman, et al.

That might make sense if those same people had a problem with Spider-Man (other than OMD, 'cause that's a whole other can of worms), Superman, Batman, et al.

true though i do remember for a long while fans turning on batman. though i could see it working more for books/movies( i've seen it a lot with movies) as a whole rather than individual characters

yes tired of him. good character, but he is the frosted flakes of comics.
Or rather the Hulk Hogan of comics.
I would like to see someone else in the spotlight for a while.

Here's hoping Fury gets his position back after SI. Not really diggin Tony as S.H.I.E.L.D. director

I'm enjoying it, but Fury does need to get back to his proper role at some point.

I like IM more now, but I think it'd be better if he were "just" an avenger

Well every hero goes through the jackass phase and Tonys has been going on a little to long I think.

His giving Hank Pym a run for his money.

Except Hank's never really a jackass unless Bendis is writing him. :o

Well every hero goes through the jackass phase and Tonys has been going on a little to long I think.

His giving Hank Pym a run for his money.
he still has a way to go catch up with him. He is the Jerry Springer guest of the Marvel stable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"