Is Batman mentally ill?

MessiahDecoy123

Psychological Anarchist
Reaction score
According to Matt Reeves and Robert Pattinson he is.

What's your take?

Very much so.

He’s an emotionally scarred, untreated man who has been dealing with PTSD and survivor’s guilt over the murder of his parents for years.

Not to mention he’s a grown man who dresses up like a bat and bashes in the skulls of desperate people who are just trying to survive an expensive city like Gotham.

Last edited:
Very much so.

He’s an emotionally scarred, untreated man who has been dealing with PTSD and survivor’s guilt over the murder of his parents for years.

Not to mention he’s a grown man who dresses up like a bat and bashes in the skulls of desperate people who are just trying to survive an expensive city like Gotham.
Maybe all those henchmen join up with Joker, Two-Face, Penguin, etc. because they offer better health insurance than regular honest jobs in Gotham. Lord knows they'll need it. :o

Maybe all those henchmen join up with Joker, Two-Face, Penguin, etc. because they offer better health insurance than regular honest jobs in Gotham. Lord knows they'll need it. :o

For real Driz.

You're out here, trying to feed your family, working for the Joker on Amusement Mile because he gives you medical, then here comes this billionaire out of nowhere hitting you like this:
A4DI.gif

Some bull man lol

For real Driz.

You're out here, trying to feed your family, working for the Joker on Amusement Mile because he gives you medical, then here comes this billionaire out of nowhere hitting you like this:
A4DI.gif

Some bull man lol
There need to be more henchmen like this dude from Iron Man 3:

giphy.gif

he is a character of many complex issues, but, most those issues are more psychologically in nature then mental

Depends on the version, and it depends on what kind of mental illness you're talking about.

Either way, "Batman is as crazy as his villains" is one of the worst takes on the character.

Depends on the version, and it depends on what kind of mental illness you're talking about.

Either way, "Batman is as crazy as his villains" is one of the worst takes on the character.
Wrong. A valid and interesting take

Sure, but if I thought your opinion was actually valid, I'd have consulted you to begin with.

What's your take?
I don't entirely disagree, I am curious what they actually said though, or how it was stated. Do you have a quote?
Thanks!

According to Grant Morrison-
Thomas Wayne- "I'm not sure Gotham would welcome a masked man taking the law into his own hands - The sad thing is, they'd probably throw someone like Zorro in Arkham"
dtOEk0D.jpg

Miller had him borderline dissociative identity disorder, where one side couldn't live without the other.
Although he reinvents himself again, by stories end.

63qnhq.jpg

66pjif.jpg

A damaged psyche is definitely something often hinted at, and to some degree can be worth examining or at least questioning in story.
63srzj.gif

Depending how it's done, seems a fair take to examine it.
Especially when used to parallel and contrast to his infamously scarred villains.

upload_2022-2-2_22-16-27.gif

Last edited:
63sszz.gif
Nope. It's a trash take.
Considering your own dual themed avatar...

639r76.gif

639trf.gif

It is interesting these are the two who actively always talk s#! about their own alter egos.
lol.gif

While it's clearly yet another "mask" to deflect from the truth of their other darker identity, it's also borderline DID.

Not sure what approach Reeves and Robert Pattinson have described. Although I do remember someone referencing that in this take he develops the Bruce Wayne persona much later.
IS BATMAN MENTALLY ILL?
I haven't followed this production much, while the movie will speak for itself, I'd love to know the actual quote (if there is one) , you are referencing?
If/how they described it , if you have it, thanks!
Or is this just interpretation?

Last edited:
are we even sure the quote of them suggesting the "movie will deal with mental illness" was referring too Batman and not the villain(s)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"