Robert Pattinson IS The Batman

Some of you are sadly showing a lack of style, hopefully not respect...

...the two skirts and once dress I bought (let alone my rompers) are wonderful - 'dudes' shouldn't have stopped wearing these types of things in the early 1900's [mind you, I'm talking in generalities].

Never felt more powerful walking down the streets. Also, pants are the most idiotic concept for having junk in the trunk.
Seriously. Gendered clothing as a concept is such an unnecessary millstone around our necks.

That jacket is mean too
I love how Pattinson always has coats that are slightly too big. The one he was wearing after this event was cold...

FnOSwzTXEAAYCSC

Some of you are sadly showing a lack of style, hopefully not respect...

...the two skirts and once dress I bought (let alone my rompers) are wonderful - 'dudes' shouldn't have stopped wearing these types of things in the early 1900's [mind you, I'm talking in generalities].

Never felt more powerful walking down the streets. Also, pants are the most idiotic concept for having junk in the trunk.
Putting the whole "gendered clothing" thing aside, my biggest problem with that fit is the fact the skirt looks horrible and mismatched entirely with the coat.

pattinson could rock a skirt, but i think his stylist just did him dirty here

I love how Pattinson always has coats that are slightly too big. The one he was wearing after this event was cold...

FnOSwzTXEAAYCSC
We have been accustomed to horribly undersized men's coats and clothing for over a decade now. The shrunken suit and menswear trend that Craig and Skyfall helped popularize was such a horrible, horrible thing.

A full length overcoat like that is actually far more practical of a garment than the shorter, tighter overcoats that have been in vogue for a long time. The longer length actually protects your legs from the cold and the fuller fit lets you layer more warm clothing for when it's really cold. However, the oversize thing isn't my style personally. For me, the gold standard is a beautiful well fitted full length overcoat like what Durrant gave Bruce in The Batman.

It's funny, Craig pushed so hard for the skinny suits and tight fits in the Bond films to look and feel younger and more modern and I have always just thought it made him look older if anything. He looks much more stylish with the more elegant, fuller fit stuff they gave him in Glass Onion.

It's funny, Craig pushed so hard for the skinny suits and tight fits in the Bond films to look and feel younger and more modern and I have always just thought it made him look older if anything. He looks much more stylish with the more elegant, fuller fit stuff they gave him in Glass Onion.

To be fair

the gays just slay harder, as well

We have been accustomed to horribly undersized men's coats and clothing for over a decade now. The shrunken suit and menswear trend that Craig and Skyfall helped popularize was such a horrible, horrible thing.

A full length overcoat like that is actually far more practical of a garment than the shorter, tighter overcoats that have been in vogue for a long time. The longer length actually protects your legs from the cold and the fuller fit lets you layer more warm clothing for when it's really cold. However, the oversize thing isn't my style personally. For me, the gold standard is a beautiful well fitted full length overcoat like what Durrant gave Bruce in The Batman.

Tight suits look good on certain bodies... but Craig was busting through the seams in Skyfall/Spectre. Like he was built like a brick-sh!t house, yet trying to pull of suits that would fit my skinny @$$.

This was my tweet back when Glass Onion dropped;

Give me this version of Bruce Wayne in the sequel. I’ll be happy .

People don't change that drastically, I can see Bruce trying to become that but struggling in the process. He realizes that's simply not him the humour of the film could come of from that. His nature is being an introvert and it will remain through the trilogy. Bruce will grow confidence and use his businessman persona to help Gotham and his batman crusade as the movies progress. Confidence is not the same as suddenly picking up chicks and partying, this Bruce will likely hide his identity being a businessman and activist who actually cares and is not selfish.

People don't change that drastically, I can see Bruce trying to become that but struggling in the process. He realizes that's simply not him the humour of the film could come of from that. His nature is being an introvert and it will remain through the trilogy. Bruce will grow confidence and use his businessman persona to help Gotham and his batman crusade as the movies progress. Confidence is not the same as suddenly picking up chicks and partying, this Bruce will likely hide his identity being a businessman and activist who actually cares and is not selfish.
You know what? Now that there is going to be another Bruce Wayne actor in the DCU (whom I assume will be more "traditional" in looks) I rather they don't fully class up Pattinson, I thought his emo/grungy Bruce was cool.

Last edited:

Does he squeeze this in right before The Batman II or after?

All for Pattinson being the serial killer. McKay is ridiculous, but that sounds fun with them 2.

It does seem a bit asinine to cook up a fantastic scenario where a terrible person gets into politics to do monstrous things when that’s what every single potential audience member can get by turning on the news or checking social media.

Like, is that even satire at this point? Or is it more of a “Hey, look how funny it would be if things were ever-so-slightly worse?”

Does he squeeze this in right before The Batman II or after?

Hands down gonna be one of the most annoying movies ever made, but hopefully it finally gets Rob some awards recognition since for some bizarre reason the Academy can't get enough of McKay.

Also my guess is that before. It doesn't seem like it'd take that long to shoot, and I'm still not buying the November shooting date anyway, I think that the "production" thing meant something different.

Hands down gonna be one of the most annoying movies ever made, but hopefully it finally gets Rob some awards recognition since for some bizarre reason the Academy can't get enough of McKay.

Also my guess is that before. It doesn't seem like it'd take that long to shoot, and I'm still not buying the November shooting date anyway, I think that the "production" thing meant something different.
Dicaprio only did dont look up because of a production delay for killers of the flower moon, so i guess this’ll prolly be before batman 2.
movie will probably be insufferable though, hated vice and don’t look up. what a step down from doing a Bong film lmfao. Bong and mckay were meant to do a parasite hbo show together but i guess that just died?
Also, rdj’s recent projects being with Nolan and Park felt so exciting so to see him being announced for a vertigo remake and a McKay joint the same day feels like a bit of a regression. I’m sure this’ll clean up the awards circuit tho

I’d still be willing to bet that November is probably around the time that we’ll be seeing casting news starting to roll in.

Starts filming late summer, so guessing the November start date was bogus since I doubt it'll be enough time between this one ending and the batman II starting

Credit to Amy Adams, she’s really going out of her way to work with all the Batmen at this point.

Oh cool. So, good or bad, this one is only going to stoke about a day-and-a-half of conversation before fading away completely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"