Is it pretentious to use chopsticks?

I really only use chopsticks for the challenge. I do feel kinda pretentious doing it since I'm relatively inexperienced and I'm clumsy, so I feel like a goof using them sometimes. Hence why I keep a fork nearby in case I decide to give up.

I have yet to perfect the art of using chopsticks.

I got some smirks when I used a fork at a Vietnamese restaurant, from white people.

So it's not pretentious to use chopsticks, but it is pretentious to act like your better than those who don't.

This

I was trained to use them since I was little (and I'm a suburban white male), due to my folks trying to culture me, so for me it's second nature but I certainly never look down on others that use a fork or anything. I'm not better than anybody else just because I use chopsticks lol

I was trained to use them since I was little (and I'm a suburban white male), due to my folks trying to culture me, so for me it's second nature but I certainly never look down on others that use a fork or anything. I'm not better than anybody else just because I use chopsticks lol
ya, it really just comes down to their exposure growing up, so there's no use judging people for it.

I'm totally ****ing pretentious when it comes to my using of chopsticks but I'm only that way to my family and friends who can't use them and only in a loving, joking manner. I'll ***** at everybody how they aren't respecting different cultures and are just ignorant ass rednecks like everybody else from here is who have no desire whatsoever to learn anything new or blah blah blah. You get the drift. Lol

Well, authentic Japanese people don't eat sushi with chopsticks. In Japan it's the original finger food.

But I think your friends are just messing with you.

Japan didn't invent sushi, and they aren't the end all authority on how to eat it either.

So some hipster invented it first and they just took credit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"