The Force Awakens Is the Elephant in the Room Darth Plagueis?

If Plagueis is in the trilogy I hope they get a seasoned thespian to play him. I'm thinking along the lines of:

-Ralph Fiennes
-Charles Dance
-Michael Gambon
-Derek Jacobi

Fiennes is probably the best choice i think.

I don't want Sith to even be a part of the new trilogy even though I know they will. If you look just at the original 3 movies without any outside influence, Darth wasn't a title, it was just the name he chose for himself. The only reason he even had a lightsaber was because he used to be a Jedi, and he made it red because he was evil. The only reason the Sith are even a thing is because other Star Wars media, specifically the prequels, couldn't make people interested in anything new, so they had a bunch of guys called Darth with red lightsabers because Lucas didn't understand what made the original movies good. That's why I'm barely excited for the new movies because I feel like the additions to the mythology by the prequels has tainted all other Star Wars media.

But the taking up of the title "Darth Vader" doesn't fit with the character as shown in Empire and Jedi. A sympathetic character would not willingly grasp at evil with both hands, change his name, corrupt his elegant weapon and kill a planet.

Vader's character was being changed back in the 80's (though mainly in Jedi) and the prequels fit with that version.

But the taking up of the title "Darth Vader" doesn't fit with the character as shown in Empire and Jedi. A sympathetic character would not willingly grasp at evil with both hands, change his name, corrupt his elegant weapon and kill a planet.

Vader's character was being changed back in the 80's (though mainly in Jedi) and the prequels fit with that version.

You make it sound like Vader had no choice in the things he was doing. He can be a sympathetic character while also doing evil things. That's the point of his redemption in Jedi.

I don't want Sith to even be a part of the new trilogy even though I know they will. If you look just at the original 3 movies without any outside influence, Darth wasn't a title, it was just the name he chose for himself. The only reason he even had a lightsaber was because he used to be a Jedi, and he made it red because he was evil. The only reason the Sith are even a thing is because other Star Wars media, specifically the prequels, couldn't make people interested in anything new, so they had a bunch of guys called Darth with red lightsabers because Lucas didn't understand what made the original movies good. That's why I'm barely excited for the new movies because I feel like the additions to the mythology by the prequels has tainted all other Star Wars media.

I agree with you. I have long said that the sith should reappear at the end of episode 9. Setting up the next trilogy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"