Is the US government out of control?

stryfe

Chaos Bringer
Reaction score
For sometime now iv been asking myself this question. With its huge spending on military opertations, spying on its citizens, creations of uncountable laws/bans/censors "for the good of the people" seemingly everyday, are we becomming 1984? Is democracy working as out forefathers had hoped it would or would they now be rebelling against a monster of there own creation?

dialog-vega5.gif
"Those that give up nachos for security deserve neither chili nor cheese" - Ben Franklin.

Not quiet...in fact not at all. The GOP is now distancing themselves from Bush as revealled today...in fact Government losing control over itself right now. Bush in the beginning used 9-11 to consolodate an effort, now that is gone. Someone new will come in and pick up from the Bush administration. I have a feeling next election Immigrant Civil Rights, Right to Privacy and non-intervention will be big driving issues. So the pendulum is about to reverse more or less, such is Government.

ShadowBoxing said:
Not quiet...in fact not at all. The GOP is now distancing themselves from Bush as revealled today...in fact Government losing control over itself right now. Bush in the beginning used 9-11 to consolodate an effort, now that is gone. Someone new will come in and pick up from the Bush administration. I have a feeling next election Immigrant Civil Rights, Right to Privacy and non-intervention will be big driving issues. So the pendulum is about to reverse more or less, such is Government.

But who is to say the next president will be any better or maybe even worse? Im a conspiracy theorist i admit but does it not seem the President does not have as much control as we are told he does? The government as a whole seems very corrupt and broken. It wears a nice mask of happiness but on the inside theres cracks and rot eating away at what once was a good system. So i ask again is this the government are forefathers aimed to achieve?

stryfe said:
For sometime now iv been asking myself this question. With its huge spending on military opertations, spying on its citizens, creations of uncountable laws/bans/censors "for the good of the people" seemingly everyday, are we becomming 1984? Is democracy working as out forefathers had hoped it would or would they now be rebelling against a monster of there own creation?
Cool, you're catching on.

E.Bison said:
"Those that give up nachos for security deserve neither chili nor cheese" - Ben Franklin.
YES!

E. Bison said:
dialog-vega5.gif

^ what happen to all your lackeys? The terminator guy was like the president or something stupid like that. Anyway I beat Bison on a daily basis with Akuma, he a puss. Your aware he died in SFA3 yes?

stryfe said:
But who is to say the next president will be any better or maybe even worse? Im a conspiracy theorist i admit but does it not seem the President does not have as much control as we are told he does? The government as a whole seems very corrupt and broken. It wears a nice mask of happiness but on the inside theres cracks and rot eating away at what once was a good system. So i ask again is this the government are forefathers aimed to achieve?
Umm bureacratically its bigger. It probably seems corrupt because you don't understand it, and you (like most) fear it because of this. Its not corrupt, its ineffective...so in that regard no. However our Forefather's mind you also wanted a Government that only responded to the needs of rich, white property owners...not the poor, not the minorities, not women and not immigrants. So because we have broadened our views on what being "human citizen" is in our eyes invartiably we have a lot more problems to deal with. Any policy or piece of legislation you pass invaritably hurts a group and helps another. "All policies are advantageous to some and disadvantageous to others". However we have 47,000 subgovernments in this country all fighting for different groups. Department of Defense, Department of Housing and Urban Development (the poor, urban areas), Department of Labor (working class), Department of the Interior (The national property), Department of State (Immigration, Forgein Policy, etc.)...those aren't necessarily exactly what those departments are...but I am pointing out that each subgovernment and department and bureacracy fights for their own (sometimes little group). So you have all these groups pulling in different directions. If the Government was one big conspiracy and one big rich driven body we'd get a lot more done...like we did when it first started and all we had to worry about were rich white guys.

We started out a government that protected private industries rights to traffic in human beings as slaves and came to a point where in 1964 we signed a Civil Rights Act to a nation now whose President who everyone hates won't support the GOP's extremely punitive Immigration bill, so its hard to say we are a corrupt country since we tend to always progress forward.

ShadowBoxing said:
Umm bureacratically its bigger. It probably seems corrupt because you don't understand it, and you (like most) fear it because of this. Its not corrupt, its ineffective...so in that regard no. However our Forefather's mind you also wanted a Government that only responded to the needs of rich, white property owners...not the poor, not the minorities, not women and not immigrants. So because we have broadened our views on what being "human citizen" is in our eyes invartiably we have a lot more problems to deal with. Any policy or piece of legislation you pass invaritably hurts a group and helps another. "All policies are advantageous to some and disadvantageous to others". However we have 47,000 subgovernments in this country all fighting for different groups. Department of Defense, Department of Housing and Urban Development (the poor, urban areas), Department of Labor (working class), Department of the Interior (The national property), Department of State (Immigration, Forgein Policy, etc.)...those aren't necessarily exactly what those departments are...but I am pointing out that each subgovernment and department and bureacracy fights for their own (sometimes little group). So you have all these groups pulling in different directions. If the Government was one big conspiracy and one big rich driven body we'd get a lot more done...like we did when it first started and all we had to worry about were rich white guys.

Whats with the intellectual dis? Your also saying are forefathers were either wrong or corrupt from the start. It seems the government is passing more and more legislation thats advantageous to itself and less for the people, Is that not a corrupt government? Is democracy working like we claim it does?

stryfe said:
Whats with the intellectual dis? Your also saying are forefathers were either wrong or corrupt from the start. It seems the government is passing more and more legislation thats advantageous to itself and less for the people, Is that not a corrupt government? Is democracy working like we claim it does?
Exactly what policies would those be, and I should note the Patriot Act has yet to be exercised.

We started out a government that protected private industries rights to traffic in human beings as slaves and came to a point where in 1964 we signed a Civil Rights Act to a nation now whose President who everyone hates won't support the GOP's extremely punitive Immigration bill, so its hard to say we are a corrupt country since we tend to always progress forward.

The government appeased the masses. That was humans fighting for what they should have been getting from the start but were denied by the very same people who gave it back to them. Thats like a thief stealing candy from a baby, getting caught, giving it back then considered a hero for giving it back because it was the right thing to do.

ShadowBoxing said:
Exactly what policies would those be, and I should note the Patriot Act has yet to be exercised.

Does not negate the fact it there.

stryfe said:

The government appeased the masses. That was humans fighting for what they should have been getting from the start but were denied by the very same people who gave it back to them. Thats like a thief stealing candy from a baby, getting caught, giving it back then considered a hero for giving it back because it was the right thing to do.
But you just said

It seems the government is passing more and more legislation thats advantageous to itself and less for the people

That is the opposite of what you said right there.

Please Read

untitled.jpg

We do not "tend to progress", they tend to get better and better at couching their evil in behaviour that's incomprehensible to the the pap-fed majority of Entertainment Tonight/Mtv Zombies.

I should also mention Civil Rights legislation was largely unpopular to the masses

ShadowBoxing said:
But you just said

It seems the government is passing more and more legislation thats advantageous to itself and less for the people

That is the opposite of what you said right there.

I said there corrupt not dumb. Not allowing civil rights was tearing the country apart. How can they continue to run the country and do whatever they want if everyone is fighting? Now the Patriot act is legislation billed as "for the good of everyone" and so people dont challenge, even though that is total BS and it is for the good on no one.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
Please Read

untitled.jpg

We do not "tend to progress", they tend to get better and better at couching their evil in behaviour that's incomprehensible to the the pap-fed majority of Entertainment Tonight/Mtv Zombies.
Proof?

ShadowBoxing said:
I should also mention Civil Rights legislation was largely unpopular to the masses

To the white,southern masses.

stryfe said:
I said there corrupt not dumb. Not allowing civil rights was tearing the country apart. How can they continue to run the country and do whatever they want if everyone is fighting? Now the Patriot act is legislation billed as "for the good of everyone" and so people dont challenge, even though that is total BS and it is for the good on no one.
People do challenge it. The ACLU, and several lobbyist firms are very opposed to it. They were able to pass it because of 9-11, same reason they were able to pass internment (WWII), however Internment ended when the people stopped being scared of what the "Japanese" could do to them. However things like Civil Rights, which was the brain child of LBJ, were very much opposed by the people. Several instances such as Brown v Board, MuColloch v Maryland, and the voters Rights of Women were three very distinct instances where Government did something because it was right. And you know what it did not help them in the slightest. What is helpful to a Government that used to be run by a very elite group of voters...to let the minorities and sub groups to gain voter rights...I don't think so.

stryfe said:
To the white,southern masses.
No incorrect the worst Race relations by far existed in Chicago, Philidelphia and Boston to name a few. In Chicago they stoned an African American to death for flouting into a white area of the beach when he was caught in a riptide...started the worst single race riot in history. The country as A WHOLE was opposed to Civil Rights.

ShadowBoxing said:
No incorrect the worst Race relations by far existed in Chicago, Philidelphia and Boston to name a few. In Chicago they stoned an African American to death for flouting into a white area of the beach when he was caught in a riptide...started the worst single race riot in history. The country as A WHOLE was opposed to Civil Rights.

:down No. Anyway back on topic since it is not 1964 anymore and as Shadowboxing has pointed out the government "progresses" have they progressed to a multi headed tyranny?

Wilhelm-Scream said:
I mean you say read this book, do you have proof...how exactly are we worse off. How exactly do you justify a position that a nation who based itself on slavery, the 3/5th comprimise, Indian genocide, subjugation of women, a justice system that did not notify you of your rights or provide you a lawyer, with no public education, medical care, and was fully cut off from the world hasn't tended to progress.

ShadowBoxing said:
I mean you say read this book, do you have proof...how exactly are we worse off. How exactly do you justify a position that a nation who based itself on slavery, the 3/5th comprimise, Indian genocide, subjugation of women, a justice system that did not notify you of your rights or provide you a lawyer, with no public education, medical care, and was fully cut off from the world hasn't tended to progress.

And this is the foundation for which our current government is based upon. Why not contruct skyscrapers on quicksand then.

ShadowBoxing said:

ouch...KO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"