Is There Any Crime Worse Than Murder?

This is exactly what bullying can do to others some argue. Defenseless children/preteens/adults who are bullied by siblings, other children/adults, schoolmates, etc., can and often do development mental problems, which can lead to a lifetime of issues within themselves and others. But...bullying is not a crime.

I have had this question asked of me before, and to be honest it's trolll bait. The question should be are there crimes that necessitate murder as a punishment? If you answer yes, then this question is moot.

Bullying can lead to a lifetime of issues and I feel it should be considered unlawful on some level. I just don't think it's as traumatic, in most cases, as rape.

as to your question, I don't feel the state should ever execute anyone for any reason. I find it vindictive and hypocritical.

I would even go as far to say that stealing someone's property (including money, etc.) so they and their families live the rest of their lives in poverty is worse than a single murder.
People can sometimes work themselves out of poverty so I don't think it is worst than murder. Material wealth isn't everything. I think most people would rather have their loved ones alive and safe over financial security.

Bullying is so widespread in society across the world that I think it would be almost impossible to eradicate.

Bullying in one form of another stems from the dark side of human nature that likes to pick on those that are different from us or we perceive weaker than ourselves. Seeing as the chance of us living in some utopian society is slim I don't see bullying going away.

It depends on the level of pain.

If most days feel like hell it doesn't matter what your circumstances seem like.

The release of death would be viewed as an act of mercy.

Well yeah, a lot of people feel like that who haven't even been through trauma.

But it's about choice. It's about having the POSSIBILITY of a future.

If you are murdered, there is absolutely literally no possibility whatsoever that you will have a future.

If you are raped or tortured, there IS the possibility you could live to be happy again.

Some people don't. Some people never do recover and end up committing suicide anyway. I still think it's worse to have never even had the chance.

Bullying can lead to a lifetime of issues and I feel it should be considered unlawful on some level. I just don't think it's as traumatic, in most cases, as rape.

In my view, a violation can take any shape or form. Sexual violation is horrible, but it's not the only type of violation.

as to your question, I don't feel the state should ever execute anyone for any reason. I find it vindictive and hypocritical.

I believe in personal rights to life, and if someone is trying to take yours away that's one thing. I cannot reconcile if a state should have that power. I'm undecided...

Last edited:
Well yeah, a lot of people feel like that who haven't even been through trauma.

But it's about choice. It's about having the POSSIBILITY of a future.

If you are murdered, there is absolutely literally no possibility whatsoever that you will have a future.

If you are raped or tortured, there IS the possibility you could live to be happy again.

Some people don't. Some people never do recover and end up committing suicide anyway. I still think it's worse to have never even had the chance.

Are you trying to live up to your username or what? :oldrazz:

I see what your saying and I agree from a non-victim's view. If I had to choose that my loved ones would be raped or killed, I would selfishly choose raped so I could continue to enjoy their presence in my life.

From the potential victim's view I'd rather be killed than raped or severely tortured. I just know those experiences would make me an empty shell of a person and overcoming the pain would be too much for me to conquer. I suppose a stronger person would be willing to take on such a challenge. I would not.

Are you trying to live up to your username or what? :oldrazz:

I see what your saying and I agree from a non-victim's view. If I had to choose that my loved ones would be raped or killed, I would selfishly choose raped so I could continue to enjoy their presence in my life.

From the potential victim's view I'd rather be killed than raped or severely tortured. I just know those experiences would make me an empty shell of a person and overcoming the pain would be too much for me to conquer. I suppose a stronger person would be willing to take on such a challenge. I would not.

Hey i'm not good with physical pain either... I don't know how long i'd last before i'd be begging for death.

But that's the thing about that kind of suffering... you just don't know what you're capable of withstanding until it's happening/happened to you. The survival instinct can be incredibly strong.

In my view, a violation can take any shape or form. Sexual violation is horrible, but it's not the only type of violation.

It's hard for me to imagine a worse violation than rape. It's such an intimate shredding of personal boundaries and dignity.

I believe in personal rights to life, and if someone is trying to take yours away that's one thing. I cannot reconcile if a state should have that power. I'm undecided...

People have a right to defend themselves as does a country that faces an impending invasion. But a state that has a prisoner shouldn't abuse their position of power to then slaughter that prisoner. Especially out of cold-hearted vengeance for an alleged crime. That's my reasoning anyway.

There are so many heinous and despicable acts in this world. But if we had to rank these acts, is murder the worst of them all?

And I'm trying to keep this simple so please, don't aim for something outlandish and mention mass genocide, etc.

Child Molestation, Treason and Enslavement can be worse. Paralyzing and blinding someone essentially is destroying a life without ending it and Vivisection is a horror beyond words.

Hey i'm not good with physical pain either... I don't know how long i'd last before i'd be begging for death.

But that's the thing about that kind of suffering... you just don't know what you're capable of withstanding until it's happening/happened to you. The survival instinct can be incredibly strong.

To most victims' credit, they find a way to survive.

But we can't assume that most of them live happily, ever after.

and just because you are willing to endure a hellish existence doesn't mean you weren't better off dead.

To most victims' credit, they find a way to survive.

But we can't assume that most of them live happily, ever after.

and just because you are willing to endure a hellish existence doesn't mean you weren't better off dead.

Not to mention that some of the most notorious serial killers of our time were molested as kids.

Simpler? Those TV shows of scare jokes, or boring annoying jokes interfering with someone's schedule
They can sometimes lead to different kinds of deaths

human trafficking should be very high on the list.

Sure. And despite JJJ's assumption to the contrary, I'm not trying to say that bullying is as traumatic as rape.

But I agree with hopeful. I'd rather have the chance to survive and move on.

I disagree with your point. I'd rather be raped than to be killed.

And that's not a macho "Oh, a guy can't really be raped cuz he'd like it" sort of thing. I'm trying to picture like a horrid jailhouse rape... and I still feel like I'd rather have that happen to me than death.

Not that I want that to happen to me, not that I'm downplaying when it happens to someone else. But I'd rather be alive, and able to recover and move on from that, than to be dead and that be it.

human trafficking should be very high on the list.

Agreed.

I don't know what the worst is. I've never experienced any of them.

But I'd have to imagine that murder, rape, child abuse, human trafficking, slavery (labor or sexual), or some kind of severely debilitating assault (i.e. something that would cause loss of a limb, or paralysis, or something similar) all probably have valid claims of "worst crime".

It's very easy to say that you'd rather be raped than be dead.

Yes, people do lead a life. But there is no 'getting over' being raped. It's always there, hovering in the background.

I talked with two other rape survivors the other day, and even though they've both received extensive counseling, there is a lot of grief, anger, and shame that just doesn't get resolved.

I don't desire death, but I admit, my enthusiasm for life isn't really there. I want the rape to be behind me, but so far, that hasn't happened. There are good days when it doesn't cross my mind, and then there are days when I'm so emotionally devastated that it's hard to get out of bed.

Years ago, my cousin was brutally murdered by a spree serial killer. The terror and pain he went through was tremendous. The horror for his family is unceasing as they deal with the details of his death, the trial, the delays, and all the other little horrors that comes with having your child (even if he was an adult) be killed in such a way.

Which crime is worse? I don't know. In either case, the violation never really ends. It's not always a big thing; it's the little things that can cause the pain to be renewed. So I would say that pretty much, all the evils mentioned in this thread are about equal.

It's really difficult to define.

I mean, if you asked what the most EVIL crime is, i'd definitely say that taking pleasure in the torture of another person or the rape of another person is the worst.

But murder itself is definitely the most permanent thing you can do to someone... you are literally erasing them.

I mean, I would rather be raped than murdered. I'd rather be tortured (depending on the degree I guess) I would even rather have been raped as a kid than murdered.

Does that make sense?

Yes, this was more along the lines of what I was thinking when I created the thread.

It's hard for me to imagine a worse violation than rape. It's such an intimate shredding of personal boundaries and dignity.

The fact you can't imagine any is a good thing.

People have a right to defend themselves as does a country that faces an impending invasion. But a state that has a prisoner shouldn't abuse their position of power to then slaughter that prisoner. Especially out of cold-hearted vengeance for an alleged crime. That's my reasoning anyway.

Well said. lol...I'm still undecided.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"