Is there any crime worse than rape?

I think rape is horrible. As a man, being raped, lets say in prison would be the worst thing imaginable. Especially in an area of my body not designed for penetration.

I'd much rather be dead, than psychologically f'ed up for the rest of my life.
i would have to agree

You can live from rape, you can't live from murder...look at it that way.

I think it depends on a case by case basis. I can certainly see certain rape charges putting someone in prison for life.

Rape kills your soul?:dry:
Okay, this I gotta hear.

It does. Are you surprised? Don't be. I know a person that was raped when she was 15. Ever since, in spite of the fact that she has 2 great kids and a wonderful husband and the support of the family, she's like a ghost. She wants to die, she can stop thinking of what happened long ago, she feels terrible. And no therapist in this world will ever be able to do something for her. That's how it feels when you're soul is killed. Any questions?

Serious question

This is something I've pondered for a while. I have known people who have suffered it in the past and it completely changes them. They get shut off from the world and their personalities change irrevocably

When someone is murdered, it's horrible for the family and will often be quite painful, but ultimately it's over in an instant. When someone is raped however they have to live with that for the rest of their lives.

The only thing I can think of would be paedophilia, but that's a form of rape in and of itself anyway

Basically it doesn't get any worse than rape in my book.

Agree/disagree?

Many. Murder is obviously worse.

I dont know, rape is certainly one of the worst things you can do to a person, but there are a lot of equally awful or worse things in the world, unfortunately. The simple idea of somebody innocent or kind being hurt or harmed scares the s**t out of me and makes me want to cry. The first time my sister ever got drunk, her friend Jeremy did some stuff with her in my front freaking yard. Not to mentiona ll the things my father did to my mom and sister, but this post wasnt made with the intent to make everyone feel sorry for me. The point is that the simple act of rape is obscured by many other crimes, but the idealogy and intentions behind it; the idea that somebody is so desperate for sexual stimulation that they would harm somebody innocent for it is very difficult to top.

It does. Are you surprised? Don't be. I know a person that was raped when she was 15. Ever since, in spite of the fact that she has 2 great kids and a wonderful husband and the support of the family, she's like a ghost. She wants to die, she can stop thinking of what happened long ago, she feels terrible. And no therapist in this world will ever be able to do something for her. That's how it feels when you're soul is killed. Any questions?

Therapy helps those who are willing to help themselves. Rape is a crime that is almost "sold" in our society, where being a victim of it is an "event". But it's fairly common, moreso than most people think, sadly.

Essentially, I think many rape victims believe they are "supposed" to feel a certain way and react psychologically for a number of reasons, sometimes because they simply don't know how to react.

It's horrible that someone finds themself in that place. But that doesn't happen to everyone who is raped. The whole "My life is over" thing has almost become the "accepted" reaction to rape, which I feel is best shown/perpetuated by things like LIFETIME movies. I know several people who have been raped and are okay, who have managed to move on, some with very little incident. Of course they remember it happened, and wish it hadn't, but they don't dwell on it, or let it seep into their psyches as much as some do. As someone said earlier, it's not the same for everyone.

I know one girl who was raped from the time she was about six...until her father finally impregnated her and then wouldn't let her keep the child when she was 17 years old. It happened, she did what she needed to do to get out of the situation finally, and she put it in perspective. At this point she realizes it's not her fault and that it doesn't have some cosmic meaning, and while she more or less hates the man, she's managed to move on with her life and be a fairly healthy person (as much as any of us really can be).

I don't know if you're a guy or a girl, so I can't comment properly on that. Anyway, I'm a girl, and for me this is worse than death. At least, you die and that's all. But when you're still alive and know that you're body will always remember that...I don't hav eenoug words to call those bastards... I pray to God to protect me, 'cause what I can do to protect myself, I will. My body is my body and I won't give it to anyone else. I thing society thinks like this "Meh, she was raped. Big deal. She'll be ok." I don't think anyone is ever truly recovered from this. Let me disagree with you and others who say that.

The only crime that's worse than rape is cold-blooded murder.

I like how everyone here knows what happens after you die.

People keep saying, "Well at least when you get murdered that's the end of your suffering."

How do you know that?
Please tell me, because if we have proof that all your suffering is over when you die, then that is HUGE news.

I like how everyone here knows what happens after you die.

People keep saying, "Well at least when you get murdered that's the end of your suffering."

How do you know that?
Please tell me, because if we have proof that all your suffering is over when you die, then that is HUGE news.

And I suppose you have proof that you still feel pain after you die?

Beyond any supernatural explanation, without any electrical activity in the brain due to death, at least the baseline answer to this question would be, 'don't feel pain anymore', since pain stimulus travels electrically.

And I suppose you have proof that you still feel pain after you die?
No. You can't empirically prove that consciousness ends at death and you can't empirically prove that it doesn't. That's why I never profess to "know" what happens after you die, as the people here have been doing.

I have heard very convincing testimony from a woman who was kept dead for over an hour (to work on her impending brain embolism) who was revived and said that she was quite conscious after death, for an hour of our "time".

For all we know, the Bible is true. If it was, then a rape victim might become so miserable that they turn to "Christ"....and murdering someone, before they've accepted Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior, is the very worst thing you can possibly do because now they're condemned to eternal suffering in Hell/The Lake of Fire.

We don't know, but people here are acting as if we do.

For all we know, the Bible is true. If it was, then a rape victim might become so miserable that they turn to "Christ"....and murdering someone, before they've accepted Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior, is the very worst thing you can possibly do because now they're condemned to eternal suffering in Hell/The Lake of Fire.

:huh: I just walked in on this conversation so maybe I missed something, but murdering someone isn't the worst thing you can do according to the bible. And anyway, committing murder is not what gets a person sent to hell. (according to the biblical view, anyway)

:huh: I just walked in on this conversation so maybe I missed something, but murdering someone isn't the worst thing you can do according to the bible. And anyway, committing murder is not what gets a person sent to hell. (according to the biblical view, anyway)
You did miss something.
I'm not talking about the murderer.
Ted Bundy was quick to find Jesus' forgiveness and salvation, after they caught him and sentenced him to die.

I'm talking about if you kill someone who hasn't become a Christian yet.
If they got raped and were miserable, they'd still have a chance to find Jesus.
If they die in their sins, it's over.

Oh, okay. It sounded like you were saying murdering someone would get the murderer sent to hell. I think what you were saying is, if someone murdered another person before that person became a Christian, the victim would go to hell. Of course, I tend to believe that if the bible is true, the person wouldn't die before they became a believer.

Right. What I meant was, they would never become believers, regardless. It's not like, if they had another ten years (instead of getting murdered) they would have become believers. They were just people who would never choose to believe, regardless.

Yep, no need to spread the Gospel, because only the people who would've disbelieved it are ever going to Hell.
Awesome!:up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"