Is there any room for prequels in the MCU?

XtremelyBaneful

xoxxxoooxo
Reaction score
So I read once one time that Disney has had Marvel plan out the MCU for the next decade or so. Every year we have 2 marvel movies, and now with the spidey reboot, for about 3 years I think we may even have 3. So it's clear that the MCU, as a marvel earth in and of itself is chugging along with its story.

But, with it doing so, does it completely rule out any potential prequel films? They're so busy trying to keep the story progressive I don't think there will be time to ever have any prequel films for main characters in Marvel.

Well, they've already been able to do a pretty successful prequel TV series. Agent Carter was very well-done. If they can find room for a prequel film that makes sense in the context of the overall Marvel film universe, I'm sure they'll give it a try. We can only wait and see.

they can and they will as long as they have a story worth telling. look at AC, that worked pretty well. also, TFA can be considered a prequel to the rest of the MCU so it is not like they haven't done it before

Yes. Agent Carter. It exists. End of thread.

Yes. Agent Carter. It exists. End of thread.
actually, pretty irrelevant.

agent carter is a tv series. not the same as a theatrical film. and there's no talk of a superhero, whether already in the mcu or soon to be, to have a prequel story or anything of the sort in the mcu.

actually, pretty irrelevant.

agent carter is a tv series. not the same as a theatrical film. and there's no talk of a superhero, whether already in the mcu or soon to be, to have a prequel story or anything of the sort in the mcu.

Considering that a good chunk of Phase 3 is made up of origin stories, the MCU doesn't need a prequel.

Ant-Man is the bridge between Phases 2 and 3 and is an origin story. Then we have new franchises complete with origins for Doctor Strange, Spider-Man, Black Panther, Captain Marvel and the Inhuman Royal Family.

Considering that Civil War is going to break up the Avengers, Thor 3 will probably kill off the character and Guardians is the only real sequel that focuses on just telling another story and not having something Earth-shattering happen, a prequel wouldn't really work.

Then there's Infinity War Part 1 which will probably have the Guardians team up with a whole new Avengers roster and Infinity War Part 2 will have both the old and new Avengers teams together and teaming up with the Defenders. Again, not room for a prequel. There's room for flashbacks but the MCU is all about moving forward instead of backwards.

Considering that a good chunk of Phase 3 is made up of origin stories, the MCU doesn't need a prequel.

Ant-Man is the bridge between Phases 2 and 3 and is an origin story. Then we have new franchises complete with origins for Doctor Strange, Spider-Man, Black Panther, Captain Marvel and the Inhuman Royal Family.

Considering that Civil War is going to break up the Avengers, Thor 3 will probably kill off the character and Guardians is the only real sequel that focuses on just telling another story and not having something Earth-shattering happen, a prequel wouldn't really work.

Then there's Infinity War Part 1 which will probably have the Guardians team up with a whole new Avengers roster and Infinity War Part 2 will have both the old and new Avengers teams together and teaming up with the Defenders. Again, not room for a prequel. There's room for flashbacks but the MCU is all about moving forward instead of backwards.
the bolded is a much more sensible response rather than just saying "end of thread". just saying.

the sort of prequel I'm talking about is something like... budapest with hawkeye and black widow. as it is they're the least popular superheroes so a prequel set around them is something that I meant. I could understand if they'd rather just not do prequels since they have so much of the future planned out, but that was the point of this thread.

And technically Black Panther and Spider-Man are going to skip the origin entirely but still take place early on in the careers of both heroes.

And the knowledge that at the end of Phase 3, the only properties that Marvel will have left that won't be able to be done on a TV budget will be Ghost Rider, Eternals and Thunderbolts. The properties which will probably be done on Television are Moon Knight, Blade, Punisher, She-Hulk, Runaways, Avengers Academy and New Warriors.

the bolded is a much more sensible response rather than just saying "end of thread". just saying.

the sort of prequel I'm talking about is something like... budapest with hawkeye and black widow. as it is they're the least popular superheroes so a prequel set around them is something that I meant. I could understand if they'd rather just not do prequels since they have so much of the future planned out, but that was the point of this thread.

They'll probably just do flashbacks. If we get a Black Widow solo film in Phase 4 (which is likely), then Black Widow will probably get some flashbacks.

Given that Agent Carter exists, I do think there's plenty of room for a prequel. It doesn't matter if it's on television, the whole point is that they look for storytelling opportunities anywhere without any hard and fast rules of what can't be done.

My personal hope is for a Hank Pym Ant-Man prequel at some point. I think that would be fun.

I would love to see more 40s-era stuff like the Howling Commandos and the Invaders.

I'd be interested in something like the Invaders but I don't know how you could pull it off.

I wouldn't mind as tv shows, but I think having a prequel movie would mess up the forward momentum of the movies' continuity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"