• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Iron Man 2 Isn't Justin Hammer Supposed To Be Old

Status
Not open for further replies.

saiyanaida

Civilian
Reaction score
735695-justin_hammer001_super.jpg

In the comics. They changed him in the movie to make him more of a direct rival to Tony.

Different sides of the same coin.

True, but Justin sounds like a younger person's name to me, so I wasn't bothered by the change. And I dare someone to find an old guy who could bust a move like Sam Rockwell did!

James Woods was my #1 choice for Hammer, but Rockwell did great. I didn't mind the age change.

Now if they make Mandarin a youngster, then there'll be hell to pay.

Old or young, the fact is they didn't just change his age. They also changed his personality to the point where he's unrecognizable. Hammer is a bitter businessman in the comics, with no sense of humor whatsoever. In the film he's the direct opposite.

Old or young, the fact is they didn't just change his age. They also changed his personality to the point where he's unrecognizable. Hammer is a bitter businessman in the comics, with no sense of humor whatsoever. In the film he's the direct opposite.

Movie Hammer was still a bitter businessman. But he dealt with his insecurities in a different way.

He was a wannabe Tony Stark. I sorta felt sorry for him. He was like one of those guys at a party who tries really, really, really hard to be cool... but ends up with egg on their face.

I thought it was a great performance from Rockwell. It wasn't just comedic. There was layers there.

Like in the scene when he was angry with Vanko for betraying him. He was angry and trying to be intimidating sure... but there was a look of desperation in his eyes more than anything. And then he still tried to play up the facade of being cool.

Wow, there didn't need to be a thread on this, months after release..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"