Iron Man 2 Justin Theroux On The Iron Man 2 Script (August 19, 2008)

spideymouse

Sidekick
Reaction score
http://www.craveonline.com/articles/filmtv/04651401/justin_theroux_on_the_iron_man_2_script.html

Justin Theroux may be the hottest writer in Hollywood now. His first script, Tropic Thunder, is this summer's most controversial comedy. Now he's landed the gig writing Iron Man 2. Not a bad career, considering he spent most of his Hollywood life acting. Crave Online: How did you get Iron Man 2? Justin Theroux: I don't know. I think obviously Robert was instrumental. He was also a champion of mine. He put in a good word I'm sure.
Crave Online: Have you started it?
Justin Theroux: Yeah. Not really. Everything's sort of on the table. We're still talking about it and that's sort of where that's out.
Crave Online: Do you have any ideas you can tell us?
Justin Theroux: Well, if you have any ideas, that's the stage we're in. Got any bright ideas, send them our way.
Crave Online: Is it intimidating?
Justin Theroux: Yeah, no pressure, dude. Yeah, of course. Hugely intimidating. But also enormously exciting because it's sort of like, you're writing for Robert Downey Jr. so at the end of the day, that's an enormous amount of fun.
Crave Online: How exciting is it to think of all you can do with Iron Man?
Justin Theroux: That's almost the problem. It's kind of like opening an internet page and being like, "Where should I go?" You can go anywhere, do whatever you want. So I've just stopped marinating in all the Iron Man lore that I didn't know and firing up the chainsaw and ready to attack it.

Crave Online: This was so long in development, how do you approach the hard deadline of Iron Man 2?
Justin Theroux: I don't know. I think it's hard work. Again, we're just sort of starting that up so I don't know how that's going to, I don't know. We're approaching it from all sides really. Right now, it's literally one of those moments where just everything's on the table and nothing's taken off it. Everyone's looking at it.

isnt justin theroux an actor as well? he was the dj in Zoolander and the bad guy in charlies angels full throttle???

He was also Timothy Bryce in American Psycho.

hmm...it sounds like he hasn't even started.

I agree, at least with most writers, you get a sense from them they know something of what they want to do with character, and have some idea about that characters history, he seems to have no idea what he wants to do with the character or the story, doesn't fill me with much confidence.

LOL.. " I Don't know, not really, have any Ideas, no pressure", and again "I don't know". Dude either was not ready or did not want to be interviewed. At least I hope that was it and not a sign of utter ineptness.

I would have thought, that after the greatness that was Iron Man 1, they would have got the same writers back. But ok.

So I've just stopped marinating in all the Iron Man lore that I didn't know and firing up the chainsaw and ready to attack it.
I have no idea what that means, but uh oh. "Duh, gee, I don't really know anything about Iron Man, but I'm sick and tired of learning and LETS DO THIS!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"