The Amazing Spider-Man It's official! Andrew Garfield to play Spider-Man! - Part 2

I don't have problems with any of this. :yay: I hope Flash plays a big role moving forward.
Me too. I liked Chris Zylka in the role so much more than Joe Manganiello (who I generally like). Of course, it helps that there was more to the character in the writing this time. I definitely want to see more of Zylka's Flash.

Me too. I liked Chris Zylka in the role so much more than Joe Manganiello (who I generally like). Of course, it helps that there was more to the role in the writing this time. I definitely want to see more of Zylka's Flash.
Chris Zylka also just seems like a funny guy from the limited exposure I've had to him in red carpet interviews and the like.

Chris Zylka also just seems like a funny guy from the limited exposure I've had to him in red carpet interviews and the like.
I haven't seen a single interview with him, but he definitely had a likable, endearing quality to him in the movie.

Me too. I liked Chris Zylka in the role so much more than Joe Manganiello (who I generally like). Of course, it helps that there was more to the character in the writing this time. I definitely want to see more of Zylka's Flash.

WTF, Joe Manganiello is Flash in the first Spidey movie?:wow:

Havent seen it in a while!

WTF, Joe Manganiello is Flash in the first Spidey movie?:wow:

Havent seen it in a while!
Yeah, and he looked about 30, lol. Also...age has been very kind to him. :cwink:

Yeah, and he looked about 30, lol. Also...age has been very kind to him. :cwink:
Yeah, I have to say: across both casts of both film series, Manganiello's Flash looks the least like a high schooler. I hear people talk about how silly Andrew Garfield, Tobey Maguire, and Emma Stone look trying to be high schoolers, but my God was that boy out of place. :funny:

I just looked up some of the school scenes from the first Spidey on youtube and my mind has been blown! I just can't believe I never recognized him as Flash before :funny:

But also, looking at those same scenes, Toby Maguire feels so damn caricature. It's like "here's a stereotypical geek cause that's how they all are." I'm a teenager and a science major and Andrew Garfield felt far more authentic to how many of us are compared to what Maguire portrayed- though I do know one guy who's kind of like Maguire and he has autism.:oldrazz:

Andrew won't be winning an Oscar, lol, but he was pretty effin' great in TAS-M.

Well, not for this, anyway. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at least nominated for some role in the future, though. He seems like the type of actor who won't be afraid to pursue a meaty, Oscar-bait role.

He's the Bale of the Spidey franchise.

Well, not for this, anyway. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at least nominated for some role in the future, though. He seems like the type of actor who won't be afraid to pursue a meaty, Oscar-bait role.

I am referring to just TAS-M though. Of course Andrew might show up for a different movie and showcase an amazing performance but the talk of him getting nominated for this film, as some people have said, is not the case at all, lol.

He's the Bale of the Spidey franchise.

Ehh....can't say that quite yet. We've only seen Andrew in one Spidey film.

I never understand why superhero roles are so rarely contenders for the 'big awards' rather than just MTV and Kids choice. I mean Heath Ledger did get a ton of awards from being in a superhero movie, but then again he was a villain. People often think roles need to be 'complex' to be a contender for Oscars, Acadamy and whatever else.

But Andrew was not playing a caricature of a hero, or even of Spider-Man morever. He played a very complex role in Peter, I see no reason why he shouldn't be a contender for awards.

No doubt. He's put his own stamp on the character, and I think that's one of the biggest compliments you could give an actor stepping into a big franchise.

Indeed. actually, funny story, after going to see the movie last night we went out to dinner at Carvery and the server was asking if the character was different than that in the previous ones, because apparently it looked like they were trying to show it as the same (as Tobey etc) in the trailers. When I told him it's a completely different take on the character he thought that was great. Then I gave him an easter egg and said the pose on my shirt (the teaser poster) was in the movie and he was like 'wow really?' :funny:

I didn't see how the character looked the same as Tobey in the trailers..

I never understand why superhero roles are so rarely contenders for the 'big awards' rather than just MTV and Kids choice. I mean Heath Ledger did get a ton of awards from being in a superhero movie, but then again he was a villain. People often think roles need to be 'complex' to be a contender for Oscars, Acadamy and whatever else.

But Andrew was not playing a caricature of a hero, or even of Spider-Man morever. He played a very complex role in Peter, I see no reason why he shouldn't be a contender for awards.
Because "the Academy" is a group of stuffy, rich, old, white men.

Because comic books still have the stigma of being for kids. No matter how many adults read the books or view the movies, the subject matter is still based on artists drawing cartoons of people running around in spandex fighting each other.

The performance wasn't that good to get a nomination, imo.

Garfield absolutely KILLS as both Peter AND Spider-man. You get the geekness, you get the wise arse, you get the smarts and he even LOOKS like Peter Parker in the comics right down to the brown eyes.

Garfield as PP = 10/10
Garfield as Spidey = 10/10

Toby as PP = 7/10
Toby as Spidey = 2/10

Well, I don't know about that 2/10 rating for Maguire. He did fine with what he was given in the first two flicks. Raimi chose to not have him crack wise, so for what he was given I would say a 7/10 for that.

I was disappointed in Andrew Garfield's performance as Spidey, unfortunately. I had high expectations because I've adored him in everything I've seen him in. I think his performance fell flat ... But I think that's because of what he was given to work with.

I found Peter to be very unlikable in this movie. He was kind of a punk, actually.

Well, I don't know about that 2/10 rating for Maguire. He did fine with what he was given in the first two flicks. Raimi chose to not have him crack wise, so for what he was given I would say a 7/10 for that.

It wasn't what he said (or didn't say) it was how he said it. There no attitude to what he was saying or how he was acting in the suit.
Garfield when he is pinning the crook to the wall just IS Spidey.

One thing about that scene that I only got on second viewing is the web covers the mouth and nose so when he (spidey) looks at the wrist (and there is no star) and says 'this could have been much worse for you' and makes two holes in the nose, I'm like YIKES!! :wow:

I was disappointed in Andrew Garfield's performance as Spidey, unfortunately. I had high expectations because I've adored him in everything I've seen him in. I think his performance fell flat ... But I think that's because of what he was given to work with.

I found Peter to be very unlikable in this movie. He was kind of a punk, actually.

People are complaining about the basketball scene, for me, with the exception of the bridge that was the best scene in the movie. Peter is a wise arse, THAT is his character, he doesn't BECOME a wise arse when he puts on the costume he 'IS' a wise arse.

One thing about that scene that I only got on second viewing is the web covers the mouth and nose so when he (spidey) looks at the wrist (and there is no star) and says 'this could have been much worse for you' and makes two holes in the nose, I'm like YIKES!! :wow:

And that right there is the opposite of Spider-Man. I got MAD at that part.

And that right there is the opposite of Spider-Man. I got MAD at that part.

I've seen peter;

* nearly break a doctor's neck because he was angry the doctor wouldn't save aunt may.
* break a crook's hand when he wouldn't give him information on aunt may's killer
* beat crooks nearly to death when in a blind rage

Let's not make out that Spidey/Peter is always whiter than white

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"