The Amazing Spider-Man OFFICIAL Rate & Review the Amazing Spider-Man! - Part 2

I remember the first time Spider-Man was swinging on the big screen, everyone jumped up and started screaming!

I think the love story was good in SM1, okay in SM2, and terrible in SM3.

The origin story was so well told, and it really got me into the Superhero genre period.

Exactly, that's the strongest part of the movie IMO. I'd argue that it was possibly the best origin story fora superhero on film, rivaled only by Batman and Iron man.

I remember the first time Spider-Man was swinging on the big screen, everyone jumped up and started screaming!

I think the love story was good in SM1, okay in SM2, and terrible in SM3.

Yeah. The last swing in SM-1 was like "WOW". So I do have find memories of when I first saw it.

In regards to the love story, I found it bearable in SM-1, bad in SM-2 and down right awful in SM-3. SM-3 really showed to me at least that MJ was a complete B**CH. They didn't know how to write a decent female lead... IMO :D

It's a big reason why I love TASM. Gwen (and in particular Emma Stone) just exude awesome. I look forward to seeing how they write MJ and how the new girl performs the role. Thanks to how Gwen was written, I have high hopes :)

Last edited:
I am very confident that Shailene Woodley will be a superior MJ to Kirsten Dunst.

^ This. Kirsten was struuuuuuggling as MJ. Good in the first film, but it was all downhill from there.

The love story was just a waste of time in the third movie. Raimi was repeating the love triangle once again. I thought I would be seeing in the movie MJ taking care of Peter's wounds, talking to him about past experiences and having Peter sharing the tough day he had as a superhero. This would be the next step of their relationship, not betraying him with an amnesic guy, cooking and dancing, having arguments here and there, Peter refusing her help and her advices but at the same time wanting to marry her.

It was unnecessary. It was a step backwards with them. Not only a waste of the movie's runtime ruining a stablished relationship, but also that it was a time that should have gone to the development of Sandman and Eddie.

The love story was just a waste of time in the third movie. Raimi was repeating the love triangle once again. I thought I would be seeing in the movie MJ taking care of Peter's wounds, talking to him about past experiences and having Peter sharing the tough day he had as a superhero. This would be the next step of their relationship, not betraying him with an amnesic guy, cooking and dancing, having arguments here and there, Peter refusing her help and her advices but at the same time wanting to marry her.

It was unnecessary. It was a step backwards with them. Not only a waste of the movie's runtime ruining a stablished relationship, but also that it was a time that should have gone to the development of Sandman and Eddie.

I wanted to see something like this before Peter got the symbiote. Then afterwards, he'd become more aggressive and mean, so he could actually give MJ something to complain about.

^ This. Kirsten was struuuuuuggling as MJ. Good in the first film, but it was all downhill from there.

I don't blame Kirsten as much as the writing. MJ was written in a horribly bland way. Even the first one didn't give her much to do.

I used to give SM3 a 4/10, but over the years I got over the disappointment and finally gave it 6/10 as well.

If Spider-Man 3 was 2 movies, then it might have been a lot better. I thought Eddie Brock's screen time was limited.

This film is definitely and an 8, ok maybe a 7. Ok an 8..arrggh.

If Spider-Man 3 was 2 movies, then it might have been a lot better. I thought Eddie Brock's screen time was limited.

Definately, I still like SM3, but they should have expanded it to 2 movies, the problem was trilogies were still a big thing in 2007, heck they still are now, but thankfully some franchises are going beyond that as they know there is more material there.

I really hope this new Spidey franchise goes beyond a trilogy.

Thanks! Your review and comparison of the Spider-Man movies are fantastic. I often use them as examples for why TASM is a better setup for future movies, and why it has so much potential in comparison to the Raimi films.

they never even explained why Pete was in love with MJ in SM1, he just was.

Do they explain why Peter was in love with Gwen?
You can't explain why someone's really in love.

However we aren't told right away Peter's in love with some chick who we come to find out has 0 likeable qualities and through the course of the film goes for 3 different guys. (Four if you count Peter and Spidey as different people.)

In The Aamazing Spider-Man we see Peter and Gwen fall for each other with allows the audience to actually see they develope.

that and the actual interactions between Peter and MJ on paper are horrible.

These last few posts are just ridonkulous. The last 6 or 7 posts read terrible on paper as well.

You had someone make a really pointless point about a movie he feels is lesser and then another person asked the same question about the movie the prior person loves. Then the next few posts are haha really terrible pseudo affirmations to the original post.

I mean comeon...

they never even explained why Pete was in love with MJ in SM1, he just was.

Do they explain why Peter was in love with Gwen?

Its not always easy to explain love.

You can't explain why someone's really in love.

that and the actual interactions between Peter and MJ on paper are horrible.

So you dissect a discussion because...?

Try reading my post again.

I don't hate Peter/MJ because it doesn't explain why they weren't in love. It's just forced upon the audience and we don't see them develope together. We don't know WHY Peter has fallen for MJ. MJ comes off as unlikeable.

Gwen and Peter's relationship grows throughout the film. We see them interact and build a relationsip rather than be told, "Peter is in love with Gwen". We SEE him go through the character developement to see him reach the point where he falls for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"