• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Amazing Spider-Man It's official! Andrew Garfield to play Spider-Man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good actor. Looks like Parker a lot (especially if they keep his own hair). I expect him to do a great job with the part.

It was most probably the 90's cartoon. Always loved Peter's characterization in that show. Excellent voice work. When I read a comic, I hear his voice, and sort of Yelchin's voice to an extent.

The 90's series was my favorite by far. Peter Parker is displayed perfectly in every way. He's nerdy, kind and has the best one liners for all the villains. What was missing from Raimi's Spider-Man was his wit, they tried it here and there but it was never that believable. I hope they use his intellect in this movie a bit more.

The 90's series was my favorite by far. Peter Parker is displayed perfectly in every way. He's nerdy, kind and has the best one liners for all the villains. What was missing from Raimi's Spider-Man was his wit, they tried it here and there but it was never that believable. I hope they use his intellect in this movie a bit more.
What about The Spectactular Spider-Man?

I loved the 90's Cartoon and The Spectacular Spider-Man. A mix of both would be great.:yay:

If someone just has a mixture of the 90s series, TSSM, 616 and Ultimate, then the vision would look pretty incredible, imo.

But the mixture must work, imo. Raimi's version of Eddie Brock, Jr. that is a mesh of 616 and Ultimate did not work...at all.

Andrew's in the October issue of Interview magazine:

andrewgarfieldinterview.jpg

& then there's a full interview with him on the website. Here's some stuff he said about being cast as Spidey:

When I found out about being cast in Spider-Man, it was like this bubble developed around me. I was floating in it for a while. And then, suddenly, it evaporated, and I was like, ‘Well, I’m just an actor. I don’t get to actually be Spider-Man.

& then the rest of the stuff he said about playing Spider-Man, the interview was along with director Gilliam.

GILLIAM: It’ll be interesting to see how the reality of playing that character compares with the fantasy that you had when you were younger.

GARFIELD: Yeah. I think it’s going to be a little bit more complicated than what I imagined. And, of course, I’m going to feel a great pressure, which might be one of Peter Parker’s great struggles, in having to live up to this thing that he is supposed to be or symbolizes. It will be interesting. I think the more I can tie into my own reality, the better and more enriching it will be for everyone involved.

GILLIAM: It’s interesting, because playing Spider-Man is different from playing most parts. It’s a role you’ve fantasized about for a very long time, and, generally speaking, when you’re offered a part in a movie, you haven’t thought about it in that way before.

GARFIELD: Well, I do just want to be an actor. The thing I get out of it is actually doing the job and inhabiting the world and the role—and I mean that genuinely. That’s what I’m in it for. If I can keep losing myself—and finding parts of myself—in other people’s writing and direction, then that’s all I can really ask for. That’s all I want, to keep losing myself.

http://www.interviewmagazine.com/fashion/andrew-garfield/3/

I dony understand why people are amazed by Garfield's ability to pull off an american accent. His dad is a through and through yank and living with that accent and dialect your whole life, it should be second nature to mimic.

Anyway, Garfield is an extraordinary actor and he'll do an amazing job. Also, as much as I hope these movies are set in college, that above clip clearly shows he could get away with being in high school.

Now THAT is more like the John Romita classic Peter Parker hairstyle. I hope he has something similar to that or at least something straighter than his current voluminous hair.

I hope the inclusion of Garfield as Spidey, is an indication that they will continue improving the other aspects of the movie too over Raimi's.

Last edited:
Okay so there doesn't seem to be any progress on the not-looking-so-skinny front.

Eh, he can put on those muscle pads for when he wears the suit

For when he's shirtless for whatever reason, then I don't know. But it's not a BIG DEAL

Andrew's in the October issue of Interview magazine:

& then there's a full interview with him on the website. Here's some stuff he said about being cast as Spidey:

& then the rest of the stuff he said about playing Spider-Man, the interview was along with director Gilliam.

GILLIAM: It’ll be interesting to see how the reality of playing that character compares with the fantasy that you had when you were younger.

GILLIAM: It’s interesting, because playing Spider-Man is different from playing most parts. It’s a role you’ve fantasized about for a very long time, and, generally speaking, when you’re offered a part in a movie, you haven’t thought about it in that way before.

http://www.interviewmagazine.com/fashion/andrew-garfield/3/

Man,the more I read of this guy's answers to what is probably mundane questions that keep getting asked over and over... and over.. the more IMPRESSED I am by his maturity/confidence(while still remaining humble over the unique opportunity offered him)/and how well spoken he comes off. :up:

His last answer... Wow.

welcome to the world of spidey andrew :yay:

garfield - 'okay, I'm ready for your social network questions, SHOOT!'

press guy 1 - 'so andrew, how does it feel to be playing peter parker?'

garfield - 'it feels good, uh guys, this is a SOCIAL NETWORK press conference'

press guy 2 - 'how long have you been a spidey fan?'

garfield - 'all my life, social network questions, please'

press guy 3 - 'have you read the spidey script?'

garfield - 'okay, that it! does ANYONE have a social network question for me?!'

*silence*

*tumbleweed blows by*

garfield - 'okay, I'm out of here!'

He really looks like Hayden Christensen in that third picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"