Revenge of the Fallen Jablonsky Out?!?! Linkin Park & Zimmer In?!?!

its on michaelbay.com
http://www.michaelbay.com/newsblog/blog.html

still i feel sorry for Jablonsky.

this i dont like :
''we have been offered the unique opportunity to help score the film. The song we wrote is being used as one of the themes, and we will be writing various interpolations on that theme, and trying out some other thematic ideas as part of the (very large) team scoring the film.''

doesnt look like only one specific song.

1.) Linkin Park are referencing to working alongside Zimmer, which, how I read, seemed like Zimmer is producing LP's songs.

2.) Zimmer and Jablonksy haved worked together, so they could be working together for ROTF.

3.) And even if Jablonksy isn't in this project, there won't be a major difference, so I don't see how people would be complaining. The music will sound the same as Zimmer TAUGHT Jablonksy. The Jedi isn't much different than the Padawan.

4.) I was never a fan of Linkin Park, although, and this is probably a good thing, "What I've Done" has been the only good song they've created, that and their Reanimation CD. So maybe they'll pull out all the stops to making something amazing for this movie.

Last edited:
this i dont like :
''we have been offered the unique opportunity to help score the film. The song we wrote is being used as one of the themes, and we will be writing various interpolations on that theme, and trying out some other thematic ideas as part of the (very large) team scoring the film.''

doesnt look like only one specific song.

I suggest you read that again. It is one specific song. Basically LP and Zimmer will make different variations of melodies used in that song to fit the scenes they'll be used in.

1.) Linkin Park are referencing to working alongside Zimmer, which, how I read, seemed like Zimmer is producing LP's songs.

Song. Singular.
I doubt he'll produce their album if that's what you're getting at.

4.) I was never a fan of Linkin Park, although, and this is probably a good thing, "What I've Done" has been the only good song they've created, that and their Reanimation CD. So maybe they'll pull out all the stops to making something amazing for this movie.[/QUOTE]

I think What I've Done is a very mediocre song and didn't suit TF1 at all, there's much better songs on that album (The Little Things Give You Away is great). The instrumental track for No More Sorrow would have fit TF well.
Reanimation had some very good stuff on it (the Crawling remix is epic), and some pretty bad stuff (In The End turned out awful).

I'm a big fan of LP, so I'm looking forward to hearing what they wrote.
Zimmer is a legend, so I'm sure he won't fail.

Zimmer did the Dark Knight score so imagine what he can do wit TF: ROTF

Steve Jablonsky is still labeled as the composer on the new trailer, so I highly doubt he's being replaced.

they used the music from the first movie.

Yes, I know, but I meant in the credits of the trailer:

21580992.jpg

If Jablonsky was replaced, his name wouldn't be in the new trailer.

Song. Singular.
I doubt he'll produce their album if that's what you're getting at.

Singular song, but different renditions, thus why I said songs; plural. Many tracks, even if the same song.

And Zimmer is producing LP's song and renditions of their song. Not their CD, I know. But for ROTF, yes, Zimmer will be producing it, as he's producing the entire score.

i have been reading that Hans Zimmer was the teacher of Jablonsky. i have been reading that Zimmer was helping Jablonsky with the TF score.

i like the TF score. its IMO one of the best movie music ever created. its epic.

i dont want linking park in the movie so this is bad news.

Co-sign. I love Jablonksy's score. It is one of the greatest movie scores i have ever listened to. If he's not coming back for TF2, this may be one of many signs that this movie is heading the way o Spiderman/Blade 3..:csad:

They should keep Jablonsky. No offense to Zimmer, but I'd much rather have Steve continue and expand on his ideas.

As for Linkin Park, :down :down :down :down :down .

what i dont understand is why? everyone loved the music.

what i dont understand is why? everyone loved the music.
Exactly. Hell, even non-score junkies loved it and demanded the score to be released.

i think zimmer does a lot of his best work when he's operating in conjunction with other composers. we've got a big example from BB and TDK where he and howard worked with each other, but also had their separate things going on. jablonsky's moved on since he was zimmer's student and really came into his own sound so i think it'll be really interesting to see what happens

and as far as LP goes, im a real fan of their work, but What I've Done was their own song and it was just used for Transformers, so i think we'll see a much better quality song from them in this setting now that they've actually got a hold on what they'd be creating for, rather than just lending a song from an album

The new transformers theme by linkin park will be release on may 18th and will be called "new divide"

I love the Jablonsky score for Transformers (and The Island), so I'm little bit sad if this is true.

However, I'm loving the music they're using in the trailers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"