Revenge of the Fallen Steve Jablonsky returns for TF:ROTF!

I've heard both many times and i don't find that many similarities.

I agree. I can hear some similar elements, but I don't know why people say they sound so much alike because they really don't.

listening to the score again. the best parts are :
- OP starting to fight in theforest
- Sam having visions of the Primes
- Jetfire saying hes last words before he combines with OP
- and i also like the music when they throw the dead OP down ( at least i think this is the part ) . its called Precious Cargo.

This score can't hold a handle to the first one. I was watching the first one last night and the score really gave the movie an epic feel. ROTF's just accentuated the mediocre-ness of the movie.

Ah. The score. I'm a movie score FREAK and "Transformers" is definitely up there as a favorite, probably tied if not a wee bit better than "Gladiator." You can imagine my excitement about the score for "Revenge of the Fallen" being released before the movie. I pre-ordered it in a heartbeat just in case it they changed their minds.

Anyway, it definitely hasn't topped the first one, but mostly because a good deal of the music from the film aren't included. I found that very disappointing. Granted, even a majority of the tracks from the first film's score were merely different versions from what was actually in the film, (Like Optimus, AllSpark, Autobots) but at least they were there in some way. I didn't have that for the 2nd score. It's just a tad too...ominous. It had most of the tunes for the bad guys, but not enough for the good ones. There's no nice balance. Not many heroic themes mixed in as in the 1st film's score.

There weren't many heroic themes in the movie either, but there were at least a couple that were very reminiscent of the first movie (like Optimus' first entrance onto the screen, or the Arrival to Earth theme during the hunt for Jetfire scene) That's not to say it sucks, because it really doesn't. I still listen to it pretty much every day (right after I listen to the first film's score, anyway), but it still does miss that certain OOMPH that I loved about the first one. I find myself only listening to my favorite tracks: Prime, NEST, Infinite White, Tomb of the Primes, and Forest Battle. Those are the only ones, for me anyway, that have a little bit of beauty and mystery to them. NEST is just cool because of how they laced in a Linkin Park tune. I found that awesome.

Well anyway, I do still hope Jablonsky stays in the game, however, cuz I'd love to hear what he'll whip up for the 3rd film.

DL the soundtrack off ITunes and its growing on me. The track, Prime is a standout. The Nest is also a good track. As a few have mentioned, its not at the same level as the first and I totally agree but this one is not bad. Worth the buy, IMO.

The reason why NEST has really sticked with me is thanks to the part when Ironhide so majestically rolls in with so much grace and authority and transforms.

I just always associate that tune with Ironhide now.

[YT]H6x9__W42Yc&feature=PlayList&p=1F3566547CE3C1CF&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=3[/YT]Listen from 3:00 onwards. This should have been used from the time Optimus says "i'll take you all on". It even has the singing part that makes it all the more dramatic.

BTW, when is the OST coming out?

earle i disagree 100%. this music in no way fits IMO with the fight. this kind of music is used for really the finale where its all over IMO.

it just doesnt fit .

Also, I am looking for the music starting at 1:25. I searched the OST's tracks on youtube and i cant find it in any of them. And i dont think i heard it in the movie. Anybody know?
earle i disagree 100%. this music in no way fits IMO with the fight. this kind of music is used for really the finale where its all over IMO.

it just doesnt fit .
I think its majestic and mourning at the same time. It would go well because it would give a sense that Prime is howling ash and yet he is not going to win it.

Last edited:
Since before the official CD came out, the music for the first Transformers has been a much sought after item. First thing to appear was a 13 track promo wich latter expanded to 52 tracks, some of wich were also released in the official score CD. None of the main themes were present on these promos, except "Scorponok". Between this 52 track promo and the official CD you would have an almost complete score. Several packs containing this were released but, despite some edited material in place of suposedly unreleased material, nothing new was released since then, except for "Megatron Awakens (Unused Track)" wich was available at a Steve Jablonsky fan site since August. Since the begining i knew there was music that was unreleased, like the track used when Blackout lands at SOCCENT or a few used as BGM in the featurettes in the bonus DVD. And finally, last monday i finally got the full score. And believe me, when i say full i mean FULL. All the previously released material is there plus a full 13 tracks of new material including demo versions and unused material., including the full 8m17s of "Arrival to Earth (Original Version)". For those who might get it and say there is still some score music missing from this release, there isn't. The music that is in the movie and not in this full released is mostly modified versions of these tracks. If you want it, just PM me as i don't know if direct links are allowed here.

Now, if only the same thing was done for RoTF...

Last edited:
The ROTF score slowly grew on me the more I watched the movie, its still nots as good as the first movies, but there were some superb moments and re-treads.

The ROTF score slowly grew on me the more I watched the movie, its still nots as good as the first movies, but there were some superb moments and re-treads.

I always loved to have versions of a same theme, especially when that theme is good. The versions of Autobots and Arrivalto Earth used in RoTF were awesome. Pity that only a small part of them made it to CD form.
But tracks like Prime, The Shard, Forest Battle and even N.E.S.T. are great.

On the Full TF Score i mentioned on my previous post, the charm of the unused tracks is that they are versions of Autobots and Bumblebee with a more military edge to it, like battle versions of them. The 8 minute long Arrival is exactly like the one on the CD except that it has an 3 minute long intro before the actual Arrival music. For me that scene always made me think of the line on BB's radio "like angels from heaven, Hallelujah!", thas the feel that whole scene gives, not war machines coming to Earth but the arrival of our saviors. This intro reenforces that feel, it sounds just grand and heavenly.

i agree. it also grew on me. but it didnt have the big impact that the first score had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"