'Jack Reacher' series in development for Amazon

Finley and Peacemaker should team up and bond over classic rock.

Finlay being a fan of like 70s and 80s rock made him way more likable. Not that I like his taste in music, but whenever he'd turn on the radio and Reacher would just be disgusted with his music choices and seeing how much Finlay enjoyed it. I like it when characters have little nuances such as that.

Watched two and the show is good enough for me to keep going IN SPITE of Ritchson. He's got Reacher's size I'll give him that, but he's too stiff, like I wish Criuse's voice came out of his mouth. Keep in mind I've read near half of the books. Cruise had more of the FEEL of Reacher while Ritchson has the size. Wish there was someone who was a closer to the middle of the two. The rest of the cast so far is fantastic. Loving Rosco a lot. :)
He sounds like Clint Eastwood to me.

thanks. sounds like i can jump in anywhere if i want to check a book or two out. thanks!

I think for me, maybe because Cruise does so many of his own stunts, that Tom moved more comfortably in his body during action scenes and to me therefore gave off more intelligent menace. He moved like a fighter. Richson moved less smoothly to me, more of a lurching gait than what an experienced brawler would move like. The first Reacher movie, when Cruise takes on the guys outside the bar, you had no doubt he was capable of fulfilling his boast of winning the fight easily. Richton comes off more "Hulk smash!" than a skilled military fighter. Just my opinion. :)

I think for me, maybe because Cruise does so many of his own stunts, that Tom moved more comfortably in his body during action scenes and to me therefore gave off more intelligent menace. He moved like a fighter. Richson moved less smoothly to me, more of a lurching gait than what an experienced brawler would move like. The first Reacher movie, when Cruise takes on the guys outside the bar, you had no doubt he was capable of fulfilling his boast of winning the fight easily. Richton comes off more "Hulk smash!" than a skilled military fighter. He should be more Jason Bourne in killing moves, as per the books. Just my opinion. :)

I did genuinely like Cruise in the role, but I think Ritchson did a good job of having a strong presence not just physically but mentally and emotionally as well. Like when he stares down that abusive husband in his opening scene.

I think the difference with Ritchson's version is that he's more of a sledgehammer in fights while Cruise's version was more of a scalpel. More about speed, quickness, and technique. But I mean there's nothing wrong with that. Cruise gets called short a lot, but he's basically average height for most males.

Granted, I haven't read the Reacher books, but from what I've gathered, the author's version of the character was meant to be more of a physical battering ram. Like the point of Reacher wasn't just that he was a brilliant deductionist, but that he's also a big intimidating dude built like a football player who is capable of demolishing you if you push him too far. His edge is that he's both physically and mentally unflappable.

I just view it as two different but strong takes on the same character.

Watched this with the gf a few weeks ago. Both of us really liked it. Happy that it was renewed.

Just recently watched this show, on the recommendation of a friend. Wow, this was extremely good, excellent action, but also top notch acting and smart writing.

I look forward to season 2, and really hope they can keep up the quality despite the cast swap.

Reacher Star Alan Ritchson Reveals Which Book Season 2 Will Follow

Released in 2009, Bad Luck and Trouble (per Amazon.com’s book synopsis) finds Reacher “pulled out of his wandering life and plunged into the heart of a conspiracy that is killing old friends … and the people he once trusted with his life.” The story begins when Neagley contacts Reacher using a signal that only the eight members of their elite team would know. She then tells him a terrifying story about the brutal death of a man they both served with. Soon Reacher is reuniting with the survivors of his team, scrambling to unravel the sudden disappearance of two other comrades.

I agree, this was the best show I have watched in years.

Aw, I loved Terminal List. :p

I thought it was fine. Action and production values were pretty good. Decent cast. I think in terms of storyline it kind of peaked midway through and then it kind of kept going and putting in more plot twists when it felt like the story ran out of steam.

I thought it was fine. Action and production values were pretty good. Decent cast. I think in terms of storyline it kind of peaked midway through and then it kind of kept going and putting in more plot twists when it felt like the story ran out of steam.
It was better than the book. I will give Reacher kudos for being very faithful to the source material which has been consistently good through the whole series of books. Terminal list had to improve in the show and I thought they did a good job. :)

My only real criticism with Reacher is I felt like it was getting a bit overwrought when he started leaving town and flying to New York.

I get this is fiction, but like when he's going out of state and to New York City instead of a small southern town, it started to feel Reacher was venturing out too much and he should be calling in the government authorities to clean up this mess.

Beforehand, it's almost like that lone samurai warrior or gunman coming into a small, isolated town. But you don't see The Man With No Name or Yojimbo venturing to a major city in the middle of his adventure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"