Jackie Chan And Jet Li - The Forbidden Kingdom

War Party

Ve vant ze money,Lebowski
Reaction score
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/news/comments/?entryid=324878

From Sina.com & The AP: "Jackie Chan and Jet Li -- two of the biggest names in action cinema -- plan to join forces, a news report said Tuesday. The stars have signed on to do a movie tentatively named the "J&J Plan," the Chinese news Web site Sina.com said. They're still brainstorming about the plot for their first collaboration, which begins filming next year, the Web site said.

A formal announcement and pre-sales will be made at the Cannes Film Festival, which starts Wednesday and ends May 28, the report said. The two actors made their names as action stars in Hong Kong before moving on to Hollywood. Trained in Peking Opera, Chan pioneered his own comedic fighting style. Li is a former martial arts national champion in China.""

I did a search to see if this exsisted, so if it already does...delete it.

*universe explodes*

This is the greatest news I've read in my life.

A 2.5 hour film featuring CGI stunt doubles of both actors fighting each other, for the entire movie.

didnt jet li finalize his career with "fearless"

F***ING LIAR!

This will be so cool. Who are they fighting? Norris and Seagal?

This is either one of the best ideas or the worst. It has to be done just right.

I'm amazed. Jackie has such a diva reputation, I didn't think he'd ever be in the movie with Jet Li. As long as they don't try to make it too "American" (heavy edits, slow mo, too many special effects) I will be looking forward to it.

^ They've actually been trying to make it happen for God know's how long now. It's just that each other's schedules are always full and they haven't found the time to work together.

I bet this won't happen for at least 5 years with plans for RH3 coming up.

Mee said:
This will be so cool. Who are they fighting? Norris and Seagal?
Seagal? that guy couldn't get off his couch, much less lift his leg. the only time his arm moves is when there is food in it, and then he is punching his own mouth with it!

I doubt it ever happens and both are past their primes so it wouldn't be the epic face off that it could have been 10 years ago.

bengali said:
Seagal? that guy couldn't get off his couch, much less lift his leg. the only time his arm moves is when there is food in it, and then he is punching his own mouth with it!
But he could suck his enemies into his folds of fat.

i hope Jackie Chan puts as much as he can into this...even though the guy can still fight his latest movies have seen quite a bit of wire effects, stunt doubles, and special effects...

...i'm hoping the choreography in this one will be the end all be all of martial arts films!!!! i don't give a sh** about the story (kinda, but not really)...i just want some kickass martial arts fights from the 2 biggest martial arts stars in the world!

I actually remember hearing something like this a while back on Yahoo! Movies, sounded cool then. I'm glad there's progress in this, could end up pretty sweet. :up:

I want an Arnold Vs. Stallone movie first dammit! :mad:

i hope they both die at the end...

This better be a Hong Kong production. Most of the Hollywood Movies were awful, except for Rush Hour.

Nathan said:
This better be a Hong Kong production. Most of the Hollywood Movies were awful, except for Rush Hour.
totally agree...

...i'm hoping Jet Li and Jackie Chan go back to their roots for this one. OLD SCHOOL kung fu movies baby! i wanna see some cool costumes and awesome martial arts.

keep guns out of this one....fight with spears, swords, and whatever

i hope jet lis the bad guy, i like him playing the villain

Just get Stephen Chow to direct it and have them go at each other DBZ style.

They shouldve done this 7 years ago. I dont want any over the top wire-fu in this movie, bad place I dont want any wire-fu in it they dont need it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"