Jackie Chan And Jet Li - The Forbidden Kingdom

Very good fantasy flick. Surprisingly good I'd say. Despite the cliches it earned an 8/10 for me. For me the best fight came at the end though. The kid against the bully. No wires. Just good old fashioned wushu. I wish Jet Li and Jackie Chan's fight didn't have wires, despite how awesome that fight was.

...Man did that girl feel pointless though. And she sounded like she was reading off of cue cards the entire movie. Slowly. Must have went to the Vin Diesel school of acting.

...Man did that girl feel pointless though. And she sounded like she was reading off of cue cards the entire movie. Slowly. Must have went to the Vin Diesel school of acting.

or it could be that she's still a novice in English...

Yeah but was she really the best asian girl they could find? Friggin' Zang Ziyi had better english (and acting) and she had the good sense to stop doing english movies until she got better at it. But hey, maybe this girl just started and needed the work but still, no casting director thought "...Hey...that's...odd--She really the best we can find?".

Oh and I'm not suggesting Zang Ziyi for the role at all...I know people like to skim here.

Jackie Chan always likes to give new asian actress a shot in movies if you have seen his films or heard him talk in interviews he says this. I am sure Jet is teh same way.

6.5/10

this movie was GOOD in regards to seeing Jackie and Jet, but that same reason is why is got taken down in my rating.

I wanted to see Jackie and Jet...not the Chinese version of Never Ending Story.

The girl who was born of wolves was just plain awful.
Sparrow had MUCH potential (and was gorgeous) but I feel they didnt flesh her out enough.

The movie DID take itself more seriously than I thought it would which was a plus because i thought the boy would be bungling through the whole movie.

all in all its a good family movie (if your family is into martial arts and racial epithets aside) but just NOT the movie HK Cinema fans wanted.

oh by the way the scene where jet and jackie fight was probably the BEST i've seen in a LONG time.

I liked it! Loved the characters interaction between Jackie and Jet a lot, and the visuals were great. But my favorite part was the Monkey king, Jet was fantastic as him.

The white kid was annoying but serviceable, I guess.

I give it a 7.5/10

great make you feel good type of movie

nostalgic like others have said...takes you back to the early 90's. i love these types of films,kinda makes you wish you were still a kid again

Anyone know the beat playing during the trailers? You know it plays and then Jet opens his eyes. It's this certain beat...

finally saw it last night, wasnt as bad as i thought it would have been,maybe the wuxia stuff is my favorite genre

great make you feel good type of movie

nostalgic like others have said...takes you back to the early 90's. i love these types of films,kinda makes you wish you were still a kid again

oh yeah definately . it reminded me of myself when i collected alot of martial arts films and when i was excited about seeing jackie chan .
i liked alot fo the humor in this film and the white kid didnt bother me as much as i thought he would . he also kind of redeemed his character in the end by becoming a convincing fighter.

you could seeing him toning up as the flick progressed,kinda neat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"