Jackie Chan And Jet Li - The Forbidden Kingdom

I'm surprised it got the #1 spot, cool news.

Thought this film was great. 10/10. Reminded me of the 90s and have to make a reference that I know millions on here probably already stated. Kid in King Arthur's Court. And the other fantasy somehow get transported into other world family movies from back then.

I liked this movie sure it was no hero or crotching tiger

I thought Hero was complete trash storywise. The constant flashbacks and retelling the same thing multiple times I found more annoying and agrivating than anything.

Thought this film was great. 10/10. Reminded me of the 90s and have to make a reference that I know millions on here probably already stated. Kid in King Arthur's Court. And the other fantasy somehow get transported into other world family movies from back then.

Yeah, other noteable movies that relate: The Pagemaster, The Neverending Story (sorta), that Martin Lawrence movie where he goes to the Middle Ages:csad:

Damn, this thing got number one? Over a Judd Apatow joint? Go Jackie! Now, maybe we can get some Jackie Chan Adventures seasons on DVD already!

so uh...saw this yesterday and i liked it for the most part. of course i have my gripes but it turned out better than i thought it would. it's not epic or anything but it's a pretty good martial arts flick. a lot of the CG needed work, too much wire-work at the beginning, and the story wasn't very strong...but that Jackie Chan/Jet Li fight will go down in history as one of the greatest cinematic fights captured on film. my smile was from ear to ear the whole time....ESPECIALLY when Jackie whipped out with the drunken style, omg! i was very concerned, because of his last few movies, that he'd be too slow or stiff but he brought it this movie. anyway, a lot of the humor was good....the chicks were definitely hot, i definitely got my money's worth and i'll definitely be picking this up when it comes to home video.

Just saw this yesterday and thought it was really fun.

I gave it a 7/10. It would have gotten an 8 but I knocked it down one peg for using the typical cliche "path of wisdom" asian lines/messages that are in just about every flick like this. They're good messages and have good points but I think they've been used for too many damn years over and over again.

That was the only negative thing that kind of sat wrong with me. Other than that I enjoyed the rest of it.

I hadn't read much on this and only saw the commercials for it on TV twice. So I was surprised and dissapointed at the very beginning when it seemed like it was going to revolve around some young white boy who gets picked on.

Turns out they did it well and the actor didn't annoy me like I thought he would. Loved the fights although I agree with everyone who said there was a little too much wire work in the very beginning with the Monkey King. The funny thing was, it wasn't exactly 'too much' but it didn't look as good or as fast paced as what we see in the fights later on. The humour was pretty good as well, the "golden shower" scene as well as when Chan and Li are trying to train the boy at the exact same time were great.

Overall, it was a really fun movie and I'll probably pick this one up on DVD. Also, got to love the fact that Jackie Chan and Jet Li are finally in a film together. I especially loved their fight together.

It was interesting to see Jet acting crazy loopy like Jackie usually does and the part when Jet is pissing down when Jackie thaught it was raining was funny.

Jet Li has a sense of humor too. he never really gets a chance to show it, but i loved his acting as the Monkey King in this one. he didn't NAIL it for me, but it was still cool to see him act as a nutty character as opposed to his typical "i'm gonna kick your ass without showing emotion" characters...

Here's Jet Li fighting Collin Chou (who played Jade Warlord in TFK) in "Bodyguard from Beijing".

Pretty great choreography from Yuen Kwai.

Haven't seen this yet, but glad this got a #1. That's good for the genre.

well, it's the first action flick to hit theaters in a while...plus, it's a match up that everyone's been waiting for since the Jet Li became famous. if Speed Racer or Ironman had come out on the same weekend i doubt it would be number 1.

Speed Racer picked the wrong month to be released with Iron Man, Prince Caspian and Indy 4.

June would have been better if you asked me.

I liked the look of Chans character best in the film for Jackie showed he can really fight well still for his age. Probably his best fight scene in a while. To see Jet and Jackie was like a wow thing they were so fast.

I liked the look of Chans character best in the film for Jackie showed he can really fight well still for his age. Probably his best fight scene in a while. To see Jet and Jackie was like a wow thing they were so fast.

definitely agreed. his last few movies have been pretty 'meh' but he really brought his "A" game for this one and it shows. he did a great job and if he stops making martial arts movies anytime soon then at least he can say he gave one last great performance before his time was up.

All we need now is a comedy with both Jackie Chan and Stephen Chow.

Speed Racer picked the wrong month to be released with Iron Man, Prince Caspian and Indy 4.

June would have been better if you asked me.

Personally, I feel that two things will happen with Speed Racer. Either it's marketing as a fun, family adventure will succeed, or it will be swallowed up by Iron Man second week, and the opening of Narnia the next week. I don't see this film having good legs, either way. If it is successful, it will be only by a few million because of Iron Man, and then after the other blockbusters open, it will just keep going downward.

Finally seeing the movie today. Can't wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"