The Dark Knight Jackman: "If Chris rang me...I'd do it"

Two-Face

Harvey Dent
Reaction score
Jackman: "If Chris rang me...I'd do it"
Author: Jett
Monday, May 15, 2006 - 10:18 AM CENTRAL TIME: While doing press for the latest X-MEN film, Hugh Jackman had the folling to say regarding the rumors about him doing the BATMAN BEGINS sequel. "Fanboy stuff. [But] if Chris rang me to do something, I'd do it."
Source: LATINO REVIEW. Thanks to "Dave from Toronto" for the lead.

http://www.batman-on-film.com/batmovienews.html

i would love if Jackman took role of Harvey Dent :up: but is unlikey me thinks.

Nolan is working with him and Bale on The Prestige, so I think Jackman have enough chances.

Honestly, he isn't my #1 for this role, but he is good actor too.

He'd be good as Harvey me thinks. Not my first choice, but he'd work.

Not my first choice, but I wouldn't be disappointed in the least if Chris ended up hiring him...........I'd actually like to see Denzel Washington in the role, but he might be too old now.

Everybody want to be in BB sequel, Nolan has great influence among other directors.

Battany, Jackman and Lucas have already said their opinion, I will wait for others.

Bale and Jackman are playing feuding magicians who were once friends in The Prestige,if they have a chemistry then Jackman would be smart casting as Harvey as the dynamic with Bruce needs that chemistry

hunter rider said:
Bale and Jackman are playing feuding magicians who were once friends in The Prestige,if they have a chemistry then Jackman would be smart casting as Harvey as the dynamic with Bruce needs that chemistry

I cant wait for Prestige. I read this book, and think it will be exciting to see adaptation with so great director and so excellent actors.

Cinemaman said:
I cant wait for Prestige. I read this book, and think it will be exciting to see adaptation with so great director and so excellent actors.
Good to hear:up: ,ive never read it

hunter rider said:

That's a good point, but I'm sure the WB Execs would be against it since he's known as Wolverine........I actually wouldn't care......

I know he is already Wolverine but he's such a talented actor that I think it would be great to see him getting this role.
Actually I don't care if he is Wolverine, a spin off film with Batman and Wolverine will never happen anyway... :confused:
...so, for me this is not a problem at all.

I wouldn't mind Jackman as Dent, he would probably do a good job. But I doubt there is any possibility of this happening.

Please ring him, Chris. Please ring him. :(

I, uh, want Jackman for the role. :o

Hopefully he dials the wrong number and gets Bana on the phone...

No Jackman thanks, too many people think of him as Wolverine an Van Helsing already.

Cinemaman said:
Everybody want to be in BB sequel, Nolan has great influence among other directors.

Battany, Jackman and Lucas have already said their opinion, I will wait for others.

Liev Schreiber has also stated that he wants the role of Harvey Dent.

I wouldn´t mind him, his work as Wolvie shows he can handle a character that has both light and darkness in him

What is REALLY cool is to see how much credibility Nolan has brought to the franchise, everybody in Hollywood seems interested in a role for the sequel, even if it´s just to work with him.

I definitely wouldn't mind Jackman as Dent. You could do a lot worse you know.

I dont have a problem with Jackman as Dent...but, I dig the semi no name actor over a popular one any day.
Bale was not a household name until Bats....Same with Cillian Murpy...scarecrow.
I dig the underdog approach but Jackman certainly could be a sure thing for the box office...then again so was Arnold and we saw where that went.

I'd prefer keeping the big names or 'Stars' out of the franchise...give the ambitious little guy a shot.

Still...I dont have any beefs with Jackman IF he ends up with the role...I just dont want to see this film go south becase their banking on names rather than a story, script and direction.

Excuse this if it sounds pessimistic...I've had a few drinks...:)

David

El Payaso said:
"If Chris rang me...I'd do it"

Cripes.

Damn, now I cant do my "If Bettany rang me...I'd do it" line - you foiled me again.

StorminNorman said:
Damn, now I cant do my "If Bettany rang me...I'd do it" line - you foiled me again.

I like the quote in your sig Stormin. I was going to put his quote about winning women over by putting nicotine patches all over them when they sleep in my sig, but it was too long. Damn that 250 characters rule.

kytrigger said:
I like the quote in your sig Stormin. I was going to put his quote about winning women over by putting nicotine patches all over them when they sleep in my sig, but it was too long. Damn that 250 characters rule.

LOL :up: Paul Bettany is quite simply a genius.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"