Jade Raymond developing Splinter Cell 6

That womans is a awesome Game producer. I though I do mis seeing her when she reported on the electric play ground in her free time. she's too busy for it now but she's awesome no matter what she does.

Last edited:
Please PLEASE let it be like the original three games and not that stupid Conviction crap:cmad:

Conviction was good imo, it was a fresh breath of something new.

Conviction was good imo, it was a fresh breath of something new.
IMO, I think it's that great they changed things up a bit, but I think they changed too much from what made SC great in the first place. It was no longer a stealth game, it was a "how many bad guys can I kill in this room at once" game.

IMO, I think it's that great they changed things up a bit, but I think they changed too much from what made SC great in the first place. It was no longer a stealth game, it was a "how many bad guys can I kill in this room at once" game.

I found Conviction to be very fun and entertaining game, IMO it was a change that needed to be made. If they go the same route with this new SC, I'm in

Action = Sales
They done the same with Rainbow 6 and Ghost Recon. Rainbow 6 went from a slow paced methodical shooter to Gears of War with terrorists.

Please PLEASE let it be like the original three games and not that stupid Conviction crap:cmad:

There is no way they are going back to the gameplay from the previous games. Like UninspiredCup stated, fast past gameplay equals better sales. Most gamers dont want to sit and wait for 5 minutes for a guard to make his rounds. They just want to kick down the door and shoot everyone in the head.

There is no way they are going back to the gameplay from the previous games. Like UninspiredCup stated, fast past gameplay equals better sales. Most gamers dont want to sit and wait for 5 minutes for a guard to make his rounds. They just want to kick down the door and shoot everyone in the head.

Exactly, alot of action games that had a certain gameplay style have switched it up to offer something fresh and new. Resident Evil, Metroid, Front Mission, and alot of other games have switched up their gameplay style. I think it was much needed for Splinter Cell, I always found the previous games to be pretty good, but also tedious. Conviction has a good amount of stealth and action, its a good pick up and play game as opposed to the others that had a somewhat steep learning curve and limited to your ammo

Exactly, alot of action games that had a certain gameplay style have switched it up to offer something fresh and new. Resident Evil, Metroid, Front Mission, and alot of other games have switched up their gameplay style. I think it was much needed for Splinter Cell, I always found the previous games to be pretty good, but also tedious. Conviction has a good amount of stealth and action, its a good pick up and play game as opposed to the others that had a somewhat steep learning curve and limited to your ammo

Yea, and thats kind of my problem with it. A title like SC shouldn't be "pick up and play". Not every game will be for everyone. I think there are some titles that need steep learning curves. Some titles should require a commitment, not just 'ill jump in and play this game for 5 min's then jump out'. I thoroughly enjoyed Conviction, but imo the pinnacle of the series is still Chaos Theory.

Yea, and thats kind of my problem with it. A title like SC shouldn't be "pick up and play". Not every game will be for everyone. I think there are some titles that need steep learning curves. Some titles should require a commitment, not just 'ill jump in and play this game for 5 min's then jump out'. I thoroughly enjoyed Conviction, but imo the pinnacle of the series is still Chaos Theory.

True, but it seems like alot of games nowadays are shooting for that, possibly because the developers want the games to appeal to the casual gamer. Resident Evil, Ghost Recon, Metroid, and a few other games have changed their gameplay styles and they seem to still reach a decent amount of sales, so I'm guessing they decided to take the same route with Splinter Cell.

True, but it seems like alot of games nowadays are shooting for that, possibly because the developers want the games to appeal to the casual gamer. Resident Evil, Ghost Recon, Metroid, and a few other games have changed their gameplay styles and they seem to still reach a decent amount of sales, so I'm guessing they decided to take the same route with Splinter Cell.

Oh yea, its no surprise why these dev's are doing this. Its about big money and reaching as many players as you possibly can. Game, by in large, are just getting more and more 'casual'.

Oh yea, its no surprise why these dev's are doing this. Its about big money and reaching as many players as you possibly can. Game, by in large, are just getting more and more 'casual'.

From a sales standpoint, it could possibly keep a franchise alive, but at the same time it causes longtime fans of a certain franchise to get upset because they see a certain game becoming more and more simplified. I know a few people that are kinda unhappy to see that Marvel vs Capcom is becoming simplified.

From a sales standpoint, it could possibly keep a franchise alive, but at the same time it causes longtime fans of a certain franchise to get upset because they see a certain game becoming more and more simplified. I know a few people that are kinda unhappy to see that Marvel vs Capcom is becoming simplified.

But the amount of ppl they gain always generally the amount of ppl they lose.

But the amount of ppl they gain always generally the amount of ppl they lose.

yeah, and if the company sees that they are losing what was at one point a solid fan base, then they may push to have the gameplay reverted back to what longtime fans remember (ex. Sonic 4), and even with something like Sonic, it took umpteen bad games for them to finally get the clue

yeah, and if the company sees that they are losing what was at one point a solid fan base, then they may push to have the gameplay reverted back to what longtime fans remember (ex. Sonic 4), and even with something like Sonic, it took umpteen bad games for them to finally get the clue

Pretty much. I dont think they'll take the series too far away from what they did with Conviction tho. I mean Conviction, while action heavy, was still a solid stealth title. Id personally like to see them go back just a tad, to the more stealth oriented past titles, but i like the new gameplay. Love the Mark and Execute feature.

Pretty much. I dont think they'll take the series too far away from what they did with Conviction tho. I mean Conviction, while action heavy, was still a solid stealth title. Id personally like to see them go back just a tad, to the more stealth oriented past titles, but i like the new gameplay. Love the Mark and Execute feature.

Same here, they can keep Mark and Execute, black and white to indicate being unseen, the decent supply of ammo, and the takedowns. They need to bring back the split jump, there was plenty of opportunities in Conviction where that could have been used.

Same here, they can keep Mark and Execute, black and white to indicate being unseen, the decent supply of ammo, and the takedowns. They need to bring back the split jump, there was plenty of opportunities in Conviction where that could have been used.

Yea things like that, hiding bodies were things they wanted to add in but didnt have time. I think they can do more with the stealth by bringing you back into the govt. With this past SC, there were a lot of times were stealth wasnt required because Fisher was an outlaw, there was no real point of being a 'Splinter Cell'.

Yea things like that, hiding bodies were things they wanted to add in but didnt have time. I think they can do more with the stealth by bringing you back into the govt. With this past SC, there were a lot of times were stealth wasnt required because Fisher was an outlaw, there was no real point of being a 'Splinter Cell'.

True, I always thought hiding bodies added more suspense to the game, just knowing if an enemy spotted a body was pretty much your ass. I hope they keep that silohuette feature too, I found that fun jus to get the drop on enemies.

I wouldn't mind them keeping Mark and Execute, as long as it's not the only way of combat. They need to bring back the abilty to knock enemies out, etc.

I wouldn't mind them keeping Mark and Execute, as long as it's not the only way of combat. They need to bring back the abilty to knock enemies out, etc.

Knocking enemies out, having to hide bodies, taking enemies and forcing them to use a retinal scanner, things like that id deff like to see make a return.

Id also like to see the mo-cap for the takedowns improved. After playing Blood Stone, the mo-cap in SC:Conviction just looks bad.

I hope they keep the fast and smoothness of Convictioms gameplay but make it a bit more steathy than run and gun. Conviction was just too easy of a game

I hope they keep the fast and smoothness of Convictioms gameplay but make it a bit more steathy than run and gun. Conviction was just too easy of a game

Honestly, the closer the game is to Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, the happier ill be. That was easily the best the series offered. But i agree, there are some elements from Conviction that i did like.

Oh yeah Chaos Theory was phenomenal. I'll take Chaos Theory's stealth with Conviction's fast smoothness. He doesn't even have to be that fast but that game still has the best cover system ever in a game. Its just soo smooth to move from cover to cover and what not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"