Splinter Cell : Conviction

ProjectPat2280

SELLING...PERFECTION
Reaction score
Iv been a HUGE SC fan from day one. It was one of the games that made be purchase an Xbox and iv loved the series ever since. My only problem with the game was that it never really was a story driven game. You had objectives to complete and there wasn't any real story in between. Also, by SC: DA, the series, while still fantastic, was becoming slightly stale.

Enter Splinter Cell : Conviction. This game is throwing out EVERYTHING that was previous Splinter Cell games. Take the Bourne Identity and add Sam Fisher. Youre an agent on the run.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/788/788655p1.html

I like this idea much better :up:

I like this idea much better :up:

Yea im stoked as shiit for this. I mean i loved the past games, but the idea of constantly looking over your shoulder and having to think and act on the fly can make for some awesome moments if done right.

is it coming out on the PS3 and/or PC?

Yeah, it's exclusively for Games For Windows/Xbox 360... but probably will hit PS3 a year or so later.

Iv been a HUGE SC fan from day one. It was one of the games that made be purchase an Xbox and iv loved the series ever since. My only problem with the game was that it never really was a story driven game. You had objectives to complete and there wasn't any real story in between. Also, by SC: DA, the series, while still fantastic, was becoming slightly stale.

Enter Splinter Cell : Conviction. This game is throwing out EVERYTHING that was previous Splinter Cell games. Take the Bourne Identity and add Sam Fisher. Youre an agent on the run.

Despite the fact I may run into Farmerfran on this game on live (assuming he has it and gets this game) and ruin my nostrills with his rancid BO (from the looks of him, he bathes in a swamp), this is looking great...

I loved double agent. A year plus before MGS4's release, and it's biggest innovation (stealth on a battlefield) has already been done and done well in DA! Love that irony. B ut I loved that, and I hope it keeps elements from that such as the day time enviroments and more choice on how to complete a mission.

I disagree about it not being story driven and becoming stale...I thought the last game introduced a lot of elements which freshened the series up, with day time enviroments (kinshea's war torn battle ground was amazing, especially), choices and consequences, and more freedom to finish the mission how you wanted to (guns blazing or steathily). I also always dug the political driven stories, and felt an urgency and realistic sense about them....

Splinter Cell: Double Agent freshened things up a bit for me, but this is going to be great. FRESH FRESH FRESH! Yeah! With this and MGS4 I'll be in sneak heaven.

I read the EGM preview I think last month and the game seemed pretty interested. The only SC game I played was the first one so Im not too familiar with the series

Great Gameplay and such. Not a cinematic experience like Metal Gear however. I can only recap certain levels in the SC saga...but stories? Barely. That was my only problem with the SC game. The stories were blah. I actually like playing a game for the gameplay AND to get entertainment about whats going on and what will happen next, ala Metal Gear Solid.

This one looks strange to me
Hand to hand combat seems cool ,as well as throwing people into tables and such
But I want to see how online Multiplayer works out...It has this beat em up thing goin on,which could turn out pretty interesting with five or six people online,..beating the hell out of one another

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"