Sequels James Marsden was done so dirty in the X-Men trilogy

KevTravels

Superhero
Reaction score
Had like one scene before he was killed off screen in the 3rd and he was missing from all of the 2nd film. He was okay in the first film but just written so poorly.

100%. He and Halle were thrown to the side. Shame since he was a great Cyclops.

Singer and his crew clearly had tunnel vision when it came to the X-Men. As far as they were concerned, the team revolved around Wolverine (and later Jenstique). Most stories had to be centered on that one "marketable" hero. Magneto, Prof. X and Jenstique sucked up what little oxygen was left after Logan was tended to. If the Faux execs ever wondered why the X-franchise never reached the heights of the Avenger-based MCU, they could have begun and ended their search for clues there.

Kevin Feige started his career with X-Men, which gives me some hope that he'll make Scott team leader. At least he knows how important Cyclops and the whole team are, instead of just using Logan and some villains repeatedly. Marsden says he's friends with Feige, so he might show up in the MCU at some point (as another character).

I think it was more studio driven. Didn't they want him written out off-screen for X3? Marsden was definitely wasted.

Also lets not forget that he was filming Superman Returns at the time they were filming X3 so thats another factor. I'm kinda annoyed that Bryan Singer hired him for that film when it was obvious that foX was releasing X3 in 2006. Same thing with Anna Paquin as she was filming something else during X3/X4. Bad timing also played a factor.

However that being said, all of the original cast eXcept the ones that appeared in Logan were done dirty. They should have headlined more films especially after Days of Future Past. There were so much they could have done with the present day Storm, Beast, Cyclops, Rogue, Kitty, Iceman and Dr. PhoeniX Grey.

As for Mystique, I don't think she was done "dirty". Her film adaptation was inaccurate for the most part but people who have zero clue about the comiXs think she's one of the biggest X-Men characters because of the movies. Inaccurate and all Mystique was still NOT undershown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"