Superman Returns The Official Richard White/ James Marsden Thread

But It's good for him, a good guy like Richard deserves to live and find another good woman.

I think that Singer tried to make up for James coz there was not enough things for him to do in X1X2, and Richard's character does has a lot in common with Cyclops.......so, yes.

That's what I feel to and I'm starting to like the fact that SR got better reviews than X3.

Yeah, I'm glad Jimmy got more to do and played such a likeable character...
I'd like him to play a villain though, he's always getting the "nice guy" parts which just goes to show that he really is! But I want to see him play a really ruthless character, he was so great in Gossip and The 24th Day.

Anyway, do you guys think Richard knows the boy isn't his? Is Jimmy signed on for the sequels?

I don't see James have any schedule other than Enchanted right now.....and I always think Richard knows Jason isn't his from the beginning, just raises him as his own....more like a reflection of the relationship between Clark and his adoptive parents.

i think that richard was writtne to good. richard is the human superman right? he is everything superman is but without the powers. ok but still he is a pilot. he helped raising jason and he was with lois. he is really a good man. and in the movie i really cared about him.

it would make zero sense that lois left richard. i really mena that. like i said. he is really good. he loves jason and he loves lois. he even said thank you to superman in such a way that i become angry because then i started to think that lois wil lat teh end be with superman. poor richard.

so what does this make lois if she breaks up with richard just because of superman?
lets see. do you guys know girls who are with guys only because of the money,cars,...? well i think that if lois wants to be wit hsuperman than she wants to eb with him becaue of the superpowers.

richard is the man. and he was writte so good that it makes me sad. i dont want that he goes.

i hope that a tragedy happens where we see richard dying to save lois or superman. or maybe they could make him a villain.

they just can not writte that lois breaks up with richard so tha tshe can be with superman.richard deserves more than that.

I have a wild theory that I want to throw out to everyone...Richard White is Brainiac!!!!!

I have no proof. Nothing to back up this wild speculation except for my hunch...What do you all think?

Worldbuilder said:
I have a wild theory that I want to throw out to everyone...Richard White is Brainiac!!!!!

I have no proof. Nothing to back up this wild speculation except for my hunch...What do you all think?

Doubt it... Singer isn't that clever or original.
He also isn't a fan of the comics so I doubt we will ever see a comic badguy other then Lex.
Zod?? Maybe... But doubt the there will be a sequel.

Why is everyone trying to make Richard out to be a villain? :confused:

LostSon88 said:

People are just looking for some sort of creative twist in film that has none.

Can't they just accept that he's simply a good guy?

LostSon88 said:

Because there has to be something flawed about a guy who is willing to assume responsibility for another man's child and that he seems quite decent.

LostSon88 said:
Can't they just accept that he's simply a good guy?

No, I smeeeell a magical imp under all that boyscoutness.

How else did he take off after that steep drop over new krypton??

Galactic Magic

Galactical said:
No, I smeeeell a magical imp under all that boyscoutness.

Nah. If White turned evil, he'd more likely become Metallo than to be the imp.

Though, if there are more sequels, I wouldn't mind Mxy making an appearance to harrass Supes.

And what's more cruel than stealing his woman?

I think we may discover lois has been bewitched by the imp to believe she doesn't love supes.

Hmmm what if it's revealed that the imp is actually Jason... oh this is a fascinating idea...

I always thought Richard was Cyclops wearing contact lenses :cyclops: :joker:

what the ****?

that is wilder than pammy anderson in bed.

if richard white is a good guy then that makes superman look like a home wrecker.....

Worldbuilder said:

I think you need to get rid off whatever you've been smoking. That's speculation based on nothing. It therefore has no basis whatsoever. However, if someone asked Singer this question at Comic-Con, it actually wouldn't be so bad. It'll sound goofy, sure, but well...

pspring5 said:
if richard white is a good guy then that makes superman look like a home wrecker.....

One of the premier plotholes of Superman Returns. Congrats on identifying it. :up:

superman hasn't wrecked anything..Lois is still with richard.. richard does not know that the kid is supes..

ROBOCOP CPU001 said:
superman hasn't wrecked anything..Lois is still with richard.. richard does not know that the kid is supes..

Well... I hope you remember the "Lois, please come with me" scene, and the spying scene with Superman listening in on the conversations of the family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"