Superman Returns The Official Richard White/ James Marsden Thread

True. And I DO think he could have made a great Superman. I guess being really tall is a requirement though. But considering the rumored "curse" afflicting Superman actors, maybe he lucked out. Plus, you would be typecast forever as "Superman" and that could limit the kind of roles your offerred.

I know we don't no much, but he does have a big part. And some real action scenes, with the plane and stuff. He's like the human version of Superman.

I think he's made some smart choices doing Big Blockbusters and smaller independent work.

Kane, did you see the movie. I'm glad he doesn't die... I hope he IS in the sequel. Is he one of the actors contracted for two more movies?

hes already being typecast as the third wheel. at least being typecast as superman is a big step up, and you actually get the girl in the end

We don't know that Lois will leave him for Superman. Remember in Superman II it was forbidden and he had to give up his powers to be with her...

Nothing's changed. It's like Smallville, as much as Clark loves her, he can't play favorites and can't tell her the truth and be with her...

BTW, anyone wonder if they'll use that kiss to make her remember/forget his secret?

richard is the man! if it wasnt for him and lois..well technically lois..she did tell him to turn the plane around..supes would be at the bottom the ocean..dead

taintedFB said:
We don't know that Lois will leave him for Superman.

yes we do,

(1) Jason is sups son

(2) Richard knows Lois loves SUPERMAN

(3) Lois Lane is DESTINED to be with Superman .

I don't know if it's that clear cut - there is a lot of talk at the beginning of the son becoming the father and the father becoming the son. In that case Superman would leave Jason with Richard who would parallel Jonathan Kent.

interesting point. And I heard that Lois stays with Richard at the end of the film...

I just hope Jimmy's character is around for the sequels too. Seeing it Saturday and can't wait. Heard different reviews but still anticipating it...

i really liked his character... i feel bad for JM cuz he gets screwed outta of the girl in every movie :p

Did anyone notice how Richard in SR is almost exactly like Cyclops in the X-Men comics, right down to being a pilot. The only thing missing was the optic blasts.

taintedFB said:
interesting point. And I heard that Lois stays with Richard at the end of the film...

I just hope Jimmy's character is around for the sequels too. Seeing it Saturday and can't wait. Heard different reviews but still anticipating it...
Lucky you...

I'm going to see it in September.....

I can't believe that it's going to start playing here at September 7th...

For what I've heard Jimmy did a very good job at this film!!!!

GO JIMMY!!!!!

taintedFB said:
Just wanted to start a thread where we could discuss the role of this new character and one of my favorite actors, Jimmy Marsden.

After getting the shaft in the X-Men franchise, it's looking like Marsden is going to give Superman a run for his money when it comes to Lois's heart.

Will Richard White survive to return in future sequels? Or will Marsden's character once again be killed off?

Let's not forget, the made-up character of Chloe Sullivan on Smallville has become one of the most endearing on the series and a fan favorite. In fact, DC comics is even incorporating her into the comics! Could Richard White be next?

:confused: I heard they scraped the idea of adding chole in the comics, i really dont like the idea of smallville having any influnce on the comics.

God this is so unfair...for germans the movie starts in August. August!!! Can you imagine? I don't wanna wait! ><

Verlin said:
God this is so unfair...for germans the movie starts in August. August!!! Can you imagine? I don't wanna wait! ><
Wow that's a raw deal! :eek:

Marsden was great in this film. I was really floored in the kitchen scene when he questioned Lois about her feelings for Supes - Marsden nailed it - you could just see Richard was doing his best to be casual but inside was getting torn apart. Great stuff.

He's very good at that understated stuff. He doesn't overact. It always feels real and natural.

Marsden kicked ass in SR, unlike the X-Men movies where his ass got kicked. :o

My favorite scene of his was when all three of them are trapped in the sinking yacht and he's fighting to get them out, then the door swings shut, and it starts going down...down.... :(

I enjoyed Marsden as Richard in Superman. I liked how they showed him as being a hero without powers.

ShadowBoxing said:
Did anyone notice how Richard in SR is almost exactly like Cyclops in the X-Men comics, right down to being a pilot. The only thing missing was the optic blasts.

its all explained here ;)

I love Richard, and so did the two people who went with me to the theater. He's a wonderful person and a well-developed character, and I'm so glad they went that route. I do not like it when the third party is a weak, evil, jerkish or otherwise unattractive person.

It's always more interesting and realistic both sides of a triangle be good, because why would Lois like a bad person?

Anyway, I'm glad Jimmy finally got a good part. I just saw a clip last night where Lois introduces him to Clark and he says he's heard a lot about him. Clark thinks its from Lois, then Richard says "Yeah, Jimmy won't shut-up about you?" and it cracked me up! It was so great!

^Lol that was a good laugh. I really liked Richard's character. He showed how much he cared about Lois and the kid. Specially in the
scene where they are stuck in the boat.

dammit where is the love for richard!..i mean he did practically save superman..

Does anyone know if any scenes of him were cut?

I don't think there will be any cut scene of him.........but Richard did get lots of love judges by the screen time of him in this movie......hope he will stay as a good guy (I love him as one)in the sequel(if there's one) and stay alive.(hate people think the only way to get Louis and Superman together is to kill Richard off.)

^I agree. My theory is that he will somehow find out that Jason is Superman's kid and then leaver Lois. It's sad to think about. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"