Superman Returns The Official Richard White/ James Marsden Thread

taintedFB

Sidekick
Reaction score
Just wanted to start a thread where we could discuss the role of this new character and one of my favorite actors, Jimmy Marsden.

After getting the shaft in the X-Men franchise, it's looking like Marsden is going to give Superman a run for his money when it comes to Lois's heart.

Will Richard White survive to return in future sequels? Or will Marsden's character once again be killed off?

Let's not forget, the made-up character of Chloe Sullivan on Smallville has become one of the most endearing on the series and a fan favorite. In fact, DC comics is even incorporating her into the comics! Could Richard White be next?

Let's discuss and try to stay on topic.

Dude..yuck. Chloe is an annoying hag who needs to die.

James Marsden/Richard is damn cool. Theres no comparison between the two and yes....Richard White continues into the sequel.

He doesnt die.

Dude....no. She looks too dyke-like for my tastes.... sometimes she even looks bird-faced.

but her smile scares me the most; shes got the hugest gums Ive seen from a non-british person.

allison0sb.jpg

But the main reason I dont like her as nothing to do with the way she looks, her character is an annoying walking plot device that has some of the lamest lines Ive ever heard on televison.

Once she said 'Super' like 6 times in an episode... -_-

Eh. Shes annoying also...but thats mainly due to the writer's butchering her into one of the most hated characters in TV history, not a fault of the actress.

Anyways, back on topic though....Marsden is cool. I hope he sticks around for future \S/ films. I know he'll be in the sequel for sure.

The Lois Lane in Smallville is hot also.

From the clips I've seen Marsden gives a great performance - very happy for him.

explode7 said:
The Lois Lane in Smallville is hot also.

Ya.. when her face is covered up.

I met Durance in person, shes not that good looking.....when shes wearing clothes.

From what Ive read in interviews, Marsden was expecting a different role when Singer called him up to be in Returns!

He wanted to be Superman but he got the 2nd best thing.

The man who replaced Superman.

retconned said:
From what Ive read in interviews, Marsden was expecting a different role when Singer called him up to be in Returns!
awww, that's kinda sad!

Marsden would be a great superman. What do you guys think?

explode7 said:

It doesn't really matter now lol!

But for arguements sake, I disagree. Marsden has had the gift of working with good scripts and good directors. Marsden isn't a bad actor, but can come off as somewhat wooden at time. Thats just my opinion!

I dont know. Routh seems better. Brandon has a more familiar look (to Chris) and familiar voice.....he steps out of the vague memories of the character.

He also can believely play Metropolis CK and Superman as different people. I dont know if Marsden can pull that off.

I like the role Marsden got though, it suits him.

I believe the story is that Marsden was in contention for the role of Clark/Superman when Ratner was attached to the project.

explode7 said:

uh, check out the itunes clip again. Although Marsden has a very superman look about him, and would probably play the part relatively well, he's vertically challanged. Routh is like a foot taller than him.

I think something will happen wirth White that we least expect. But that's just me.

taintedFB said:
Just wanted to start a thread where we could discuss the role of this new character and one of my favorite actors, Jimmy Marsden.

After getting the shaft in the X-Men franchise, it's looking like Marsden is going to give Superman a run for his money when it comes to Lois's heart.

Will Richard White survive to return in future sequels? Or will Marsden's character once again be killed off?

Let's not forget, the made-up character of Chloe Sullivan on Smallville has become one of the most endearing on the series and a fan favorite. In fact, DC comics is even incorporating her into the comics! Could Richard White be next?

Let's discuss and try to stay on topic.

oh god, :o

AHA! Is that a hint of someone seeing the movie?

im sure he will be a good one time charater, but is Richard white really deserving of a thread? I hear nothing of his charatcer in the reveiws, one must assume his charater does nothing. Hes just some dumby Singer put in their to give lois a man.

Superfreak said:
uh, check out the itunes clip again. Although Marsden has a very superman look about him, and would probably play the part relatively well, he's vertically challanged. Routh is like a foot taller than him.

Height can be manipulated by camera trickery, but still, Marsden wouldn't be that great of a Superman/Clark Kent!

Eros said:
im sure he will be a good one time charater, but is Richard white really deserving of a thread? I hear nothing of his charatcer in the reveiws, one must assume his charater does nothing. Hes just some dumby Singer put in their to give lois a man.

I think it's pointless too. but to X-men fan who believe James Marsden got the shaft in The X-movies. Believe he has a chance to shine in this movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"