James McTeigue Reveals Next Project, The Raven

Excellent trailer, the film appears to be dripping with atmospherre, like a period piece Se7en.

Looks fun, although I was expecting up crust British accents for some reason. The trailer was surprisingly gory (not that there's anything wrong with that).

I'm going to have to try really hard to suspend my disbelief on this one. It looks like it might be high gloss, campy fun, but I've loved Poe stories since I was a child, and Cusack comes off more as sexy swashbuckler with a goatee then the hard drinking, melancholic Edgar Allen Poe.

This looks fantastic. I'm sold. :up:

Looks pretty good, I like Cusack but I' am not sold on him as Poe yet.

Edgar Allan Poe died on October 7th, coincidence... I think not. :ninja:

Looks a little too Sherlock Holmes like, I was expecting something a bit darker in tone.

It looks like Castle meets Sherlock Holmes meets Saw. I kind of dig it.

looks ok. wanted the "wow" factor from earlier comments but just not getting it. i'll still check it out though as i am a hug poe fan. i would really prefer someone do a really indepth and creative look at his life and do it proper. Like a really good period piece with great production value, delving into the theories of how thought up his writings.

Looks fun, although I was expecting up crust British accents for some reason.

from an historic american figure? or because it drew stark comparisons to our latest version of Sherlock Holmes in film? cuz i totally got that vibe too.:cwink:

Last edited:
That's a definite viewing for me. Love how evocative of V the killer is.

I want to love this film because I LOVE director's V for Vendetta but the word of mouth around early screenings is pretty bad.

Like the trailer a lot. I love the fact that the killer is copying deaths from his stories too. Near the end of the trailer it shows Cusack using a sledgehammer on a brick wall, most likely a death from "The Cask of Amontillado" or "The Black Cat".

Last edited:
Looks fun, although I was expecting up crust British accents for some reason. The trailer was surprisingly gory (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Edgar Allan Poe lived in Baltimore...

But every one in olden times had British accents!

lol @ olden times. many had very proper victorian era ways of speaking, but these were the formative years of very unique regional accents in america that vary from North to South, state to state.

theravenposter.jpg

i hope cusack gets some kind of recognition because unless you really know him that well, he pretty much disappeared into the character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"